Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

I have had family in town since Saturday so it’s been tough for me to check in. I was just feeling the misery after over eating my hamburger here and thought about logging on. How have you been?

Anyone lost hair so far?

By the way Sheri I know you are a fair life milk fan. Have you seen that horrible video that is circulating about animal abuse? This just came out!

Surgery on February 4th ; RNY... all in all I was doing great, feeling great..down 68lbs as of this morning .. it’s amazing and baffling how easily you can get caught in bad head space . A health crisis for my kiddo and today being the anniversary of D-day( my 96 yr old veteran daddy past on March 28) I wanted a bagel, I wanted to graze.. I wanted my go to comfort thang!... sooo, it’s a white knuckle kind of day , lots of struggle... no Hair loss yet.. been affraid to color it as it might start the process ?

Edited by Carrot64

25 minutes ago, Carrot64 said:

Surgery on February 4th ; RNY... all in all I was doing great, feeling great..down 68lbs as of this morning .. it’s amazing and baffling how easily you can get caught in bad head space . A health crisis for my kiddo and today being the anniversary of D-day( my 96 yr old veteran daddy past on March 28) I wanted a bagel, I wanted to graze.. I wanted my go to comfort thang!... sooo, it’s a white knuckle kind of day , lots of struggle... no Hair loss yet.. been affraid to color it as it might start the process ?

I can totally relate to this! My mom died in December , my life has been total chaos ever since. Lots of big life changes and small life changes but everything happening at once. I have lost about half the weight you have. I don’t stay on plan but I am pretty darn active in my day-to-day life. But stress/change, etc have been my biggest struggle.

27 minutes ago, Everythinganna said:

I can totally relate to this! My mom died in December , my life has been total chaos ever since. Lots of big life changes and small life changes but everything happening at once. I have lost about half the weight you have. I don’t stay on plan but I am pretty darn active in my day-to-day life. But stress/change, etc have been my biggest struggle.

You seem to get it and I thank you for your encouragement and I’m so so sorry about your Mom.. hang in there and remember it’s not a sprint but. Marathon and tomorrow, heck even 5 minutes from now , can be a time to dig in to your journey with new enthusiasm to be the person you want to be even amongst your heartache !

Wow guys, let me say I’m so very sorry for your losses.
I didn’t hear or see the animal abuse video and right now I just don’t think I could handle it.

I’m not sure if it’s this stage of my journey, but I too am feeling quite vulnerable and it’s been going on for the last few weeks, so I can totally relate to that aspect.

Right now it feels as if I just can’t catch a break and it’s starting to wear on me.
For example, my insurance does a reset every June 1st. I’ve got the same exact plan I’ve had for 7 years, but now instead of completely covering my sessions with my therapist, I will have to pay 100% out of pocket til I hit my deductible.... which is $6,000!
Last year I only had to pay 20% no matter where I was on my deductible.

Needless to say, I now am giving up my therapist because I don’t have the $275/week to spend.
Lol, I drained my hsa account with the surgery in February and it doesn’t have more than a few hundred dollars remaining. Gotta save that for an emergency if one should come up.

So yeah... things like that feel like they’re beating me down and some food cravings are starting to rear their ugly head.
Just the other day I actually put a bottle of wine in my shopping cart at the grocery store and thank goodness I had a serious convo with myself about it before I hit the checkout line.
I was able to put it back, but it took a few minutes of arguing back and forth.
Luckily the guilt and shame associated with having that in my cart was enough to overcome my “want” of it.
Prior to last week, I’d have not even considered grabbing it in the first place.
What I’m going up tell myself the next time I’m tempted is that if I put it down once, I can put it down again.

My husband has been traveling 2-3 days every week over the last month and sitting home alone without his support has definitely taken its toll. I mean there are only so many extra Pilates classes a girl can take before her poor body wears out.

On 06/06/2019 at 15:22, Everythinganna said:

Anyone lost hair so far?

More than likely, but honestly it’s hard to tell because I lost ALL of my hair 10 years ago when I was on chemo and it never came all the way back. I think it’s thinned a bit, but I didn’t have a full head of lustrous, thick hair.

I did think of one victory I’ve just had though:
After an epic 5 week struggle, I’m FINALLY FINALLY in the 180’s.
Lol, weighed in at 189.4 this morning. Took me from April 29 to June 6 to get from 199.8 to 189.4

Pathetic.

Like I said.... this last month has basically just sucked out loud and I’m grateful beyond words it’s in the rear-view mirror.

I'm down about 60 pounds since surgery on 2/25! Happy with my progress. I'm down from a size 3X and a 28 pants to a 2X or even XXL and a 22 pants! I was so excited to buy XXL clothes at Old Navy last week!

I'm definitely losing hair. You can't really notice it on my head yet, but I definitely notice it in the shower.

I've tried to start doing weights and not just cardio and I've found I'm so weak now! I didn't realize how bad it had gotten....

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

42 minutes ago, brittcarter91 said:

I'm down about 60 pounds since surgery on 2/25! Happy with my progress. I'm down from a size 3X and a 28 pants to a 2X or even XXL and a 22 pants! I was so excited to buy XXL clothes at Old Navy last week!

I'm definitely losing hair. You can't really notice it on my head yet, but I definitely notice it in the shower.

I've tried to start doing weights and not just cardio and I've found I'm so weak now! I didn't realize how bad it had gotten....

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

I had surgery on 2-25 as well and am down 62 lbs.

I wear a 22, almost 20 in pants and a 3x in tops. I'm top heavy and am more upside down.

Congrats on your weight loss! It feels good!

Big hugs to our February group. I was going through this a couple of weeks ago... really challenging. I've managed to move through it now and am back on track. I hope that you can all do the same. Deep breaths... you can do it.

Happy everyone is still out there and fighting the good fight. From 2-12 surgery date I’m down 71lbs as of this morning and i won’t lie a lot of bad habits are sticking around. Seems like they’re just at a much more scaled back version of my old self. Weight is still coming off albeit slower than before but I know the rude awakening is right around the corner

On 4/22/2019 at 11:35 AM, Everythinganna said:

Congratulations February Brothers and Sisters! May was a tough month for me, I encountered stall after stall... Stay strong, and thank you for all your kind and encouraging words... When I'm feeling annoyed, alone, lost, I know I go to this group and it makes me feel like I belong somewhere again.

Hi, all. We have five house guests (all family) for the month of June, so things are a little hectic. Oc course, that means lots of big celebratory dinners, both at home and in restaurants. I can honestly say I have no cravings and still don't feel hungry (ever). However, I feel uncomfortable with the social aspect of food when friends and family are enjoying a big meal together and I'm having a scrap of chicken. Of course, everyone keeps telling me that "one bit won't hurt you" even when I assure them I'm completely full.

Otherwise, I'm feeling very good. The one thing I notice now that I've lost a significant amount of weight is that I'm rather weak and lacking stamina. My next goal is to start doing strength training at the gym.

Well I’m not gonna lie. Since I got on the scale Thursday and saw 189.4 I’ve been afraid to get back on because I spent 5 horrible weeks clawing my way down to that weight.
All in all I’m feeling pretty good and strong.
This month I’ve already challenged myself to 2 more advanced classes and I’ve got a 3rd booked next week. Lol, 6 months ago I would’ve never imagined I would be signing up for a trx suspend class, but I’m so excited to do it!

I’ve gone from xxl/size 22 to medium/large tops and size 14 pants.
It’s INCREDIBLE to be able to shop in non-plus sizes, but all I’m doing right now for the most part is try on.
There’s an Ann Taylor Loft store across the street from my work and I’ve gone in there twice to try on clothes and then go look online for the same thing on eBay.
In the last week I’ve picked up 3 pairs of work pants for under $15 each and they’re all size 14 and they all fit.
Goal for August/September is to do the same with some fall fashions and I can’t wait to see what size I am at that time.
Fingers crossed that I can get down to an 8.
I was a 6/8 all through high school and college, but I know my body has aged too much to get all the way down to that again.

Wow, I remember being so distraught right after I turned 17 and my weight went over 125.
Present me curses past me for wasting all that time as a youngster thinking that was fat.