Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

And FYI, I am now 8 months and 11 days since surgery, by this time, The Good Times Should Be Rolling!

On 5/14/2019 at 10:54 AM, Mishu said:

Hello everyone,

So I had my surgery on 2/21/2019 which is almost 3 months ago. I lost 7 pounds on pre op diet and after surgery, I lost exactly 30 pounds since then. today I weigh 225 pounds. My surgery was revision from lap band to gastric sleeve so my surgeon told me to expect weight loss at a slower rate than patients who only had the gastric sleeve. Yet following everyone here I feel that I am way behind on the weight loss. I think it is because I feel hungry all the time and that is why I am not able to eat as healthy as I should. I am going to see my surgeon tomorrow. What is the deal with this hunger and how do I get over it?

You are not behind. I lost 6 pounds pre-op, surgery was one day before yours. I just dropped a couple of pounds but I was only at -30. I'm now about -35 so your weight loss isn't off (compared to mine anyway). I was low BMI so I was told it would be a slow loss as well.

On 05/15/2019 at 20:13, Transforming_T said:

Hi everyoneI I don't think I've posted in here before. I'm more of a lurker. I had surgery on Feb 6, 2019. I'm 5' 6". My HW was 323, SW was 305, and I'm currently bobbing between 268-273. I've been stalled at the bobbing point since April 9th. My question is, I see a lot of you have lost 70+ lbs. Does this seem to be the average for most all of us who had surgery in Feb? I know starting weight is a factor, as well as age and many other things. I'm being honest with my self here, I don't work out like I need to be (Low energy). i'm loosing inches though. I'm down 27 inches from my surgery. Which is what's keeping me somewhat sane. Also my hair started falling out two weeks ago 😕 I knew it was possible, so I wasn't too shocked about it.

Point of all this is; How and where is everyone in their journey?

Hey welcome to the group as an official poster!
Secondly, CONGRATS on your successes to this point. So many times we tend to overlook the good things we’ve done because they aren’t “good enough” at this point to satisfy us.

Goodness gracious you’ve dropped TWENTY PERCENT of your body weight so far which is amazing progress! Give yourself a pat on the back and then go over any journals or food diaries that you have and see where things were going “better” and “not-as-better”. Maybe you can spot a trend?

For me, my biggest hurdles are stress and sleep and usually they hold hands together to try to derail me.
The studies on increased levels of cortisol and its effects on weight loss are downright depressing when you take a look at them.

Also, if you’ve been bobbing for 5 weeks, time to schedule an appt with your nutritionist/doctor/therapist/trainer just to be sure that there’s not something that you’re missing.

This week I redoubled my efforts to log food and Water and I even journaled in my personal diary for a bit this morning because I don’t want to allow myself to fall into a negative head space.
I also went out and cut some herbs from my garden and put them in a vase. It took about 5 minutes and it made me feel more positive about the day. Besides, I made hubs take the scale away for 10 days, so I got to save those 5 minutes by not agonizing on the scale this morning. 🤣🤣🤣

Take a deep breath, take a walk, smell some flowers. We will figure out how to do this thing.

Ok y'all - I'm going to brag a little (not that my willpower had ANYTHING to do with this, but...) I'M AT A HEALTHY WEIGHT RANGE!!!!!!!!! Ok so this is unclothed, and in the morning, but still! First time in TEN years for me. Hoping it sticks because sometimes I'll drop down then bounce up and back down a few pounds. But this was my lowest weight yet so I'm celebrating!

I was supposed to have a follow up today, but it's almost a 6-hour round trip drive for me to my Dr and I totally forgot! I have SO much going on right now and I'm exhausted most of the time. Started a new job and that has been a huge adjustment because I was only working here and there before. House I'm renting is on the market and I have to show it every day and has to be in pristine condition or I break my lease. End of school year, end of school parties, buying a new house week after next, my daughter made cheer and has practice EVERY day, my son gets his driver's license in the morning, I'm selling some land in TX and we close on that next week... on and on. Always so busy!!!

My thing is the wine. When I get stressed or have all this going on, I drink. I'm looking forward to getting moved in June and all of this crap settling down. Hopefully no addition transfer and when I do drink it's not much (It does hit me harder). I think I'd rather shop or gamble than drink but either way... probably not good!

On 05/16/2019 at 10:09, Everythinganna said:

Ok y'all - I'm going to brag a little (not that my willpower had ANYTHING to do with this, but...) I'M AT A HEALTHY WEIGHT RANGE!!!!!!!!! Ok so this is unclothed, and in the morning, but still! First time in TEN years for me. Hoping it sticks because sometimes I'll drop down then bounce up and back down a few pounds. But this was my lowest weight yet so I'm celebrating!

I was supposed to have a follow up today, but it's almost a 6-hour round trip drive for me to my Dr and I totally forgot! I have SO much going on right now and I'm exhausted most of the time. Started a new job and that has been a huge adjustment because I was only working here and there before. House I'm renting is on the market and I have to show it every day and has to be in pristine condition or I break my lease. End of school year, end of school parties, buying a new house week after next, my daughter made cheer and has practice EVERY day, my son gets his driver's license in the morning, I'm selling some land in TX and we close on that next week... on and on. Always so busy!!!

My thing is the wine. When I get stressed or have all this going on, I drink. I'm looking forward to getting moved in June and all of this crap settling down. Hopefully no addition transfer and when I do drink it's not much (It does hit me harder). I think I'd rather shop or gamble than drink but either way... probably not good!

Congrats! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

I totally understand about the wine. Wine was my Achilles heel before and I’m so glad I’ve had the equivalent of 1/2 glass in the 100 days since surgery. I keep telling myself one day I will stop missing it...

My BMI is still in the “obese” category. lol, it’s at 30.4 so I cannot wait to get it down to 29 so I can say I’m merely “overweight” instead of “obese”. Oh well, I started at 41% so I’m already down from “morbidly obese”. Progress

2 minutes ago, Sheribear68 said:

My BMI is still in the “obese” category. lol, it’s at 30.4 so I cannot wait to get it down to 29 so I can say I’m merely “overweight” instead of “obese”. Oh well, I started at 41% so I’m already down from “morbidly obese”. Progress

Thank you for the well wishes and on this- I get it, I totally get it! I know these are just numbers and they should not dictate how we feel about ourselves. That is where I teach my daughters but unfortunately I’m not living it. It is a numbers game with this process and we all live it daily. I have been reluctant to share my success because I started out with such a low BMI but I did make the huge sacrifice to pay cash for this surgery in the United States so there is that. I made a decision that was the right one for me and now I am finally looking and feeling the benefits of it. People have started noticing my weight loss now. Before hand even with 30 pounds of weight loss no one was saying anything. Now it’s like I’ve crossed the threshold and people are starting to openly comment. It is the strangest thing. It feels amazing to have other people notice and I am no longer ashamed to go to the pool (even though I am technically not skinny or healthy or anything you would deem attractive relative to our idealization of perfection) but that is fine by me! I am so excited for everyone here and the successes we’ve had!!!

6 minutes ago, Sheribear68 said:

I totally understand about the wine. Wine was my Achilles heel before and I’m so glad I’ve had the equivalent of 1/2 glass in the 100 days since surgery. I keep telling myself one day I will stop missing it...

You are my hero on this one. Mark my words when we get moved and some of this noise settles down I am going back to being completely alcohol free. I should not use this as a crutch or an excuse. I drink two glasses of wine every night and on a really stressful day maybe three. I go to bed really early and I’m up by six every day. So it is not usually affecting my life but still needs to be eliminated .

Congrats Everything!!! Brag away!!

Well I was a gambler prior to surgery and I’m still a gambler now. It’s been a small issue, hopefully it doesn’t grow to a bigger issue.

@Everythinganna - could you try mixing your wine with a bit of Water and some ice cubes?

My transfer addiction is definitely shopping. I already had a bit of a problem before I started this, but it got worse for a while. I am now trying REALLY hard to not do that and be aware of what I'm doing. Same with Starbucks Frappucinos... I could have one of those every day. Yesterday I swapped it out for an iced americano.

Yes transfer addiction is such a pain, isn’t it?
I’ve got 2 main transfer issues now.
First is my Pilates. I’m starting to feel bummed out if my work schedule doesn’t allow me to go daily and right now I’m in a part of my schedule where I have to miss 3 days! 😱😱😱.
So I compensate by scheduling 2-3 classes on my days off. I need to get better balance than that to be honest because last week I cancelled a haircut so I could go to an extra class.

Secondly I’m spending a bit more. It’s on little things like smaller work pants on eBay, or visiting the consignment store for a new summer shirt. Heck, last month I redid the guest room, but that’s also because my daughter moved out on March and for the first time ever I was able to do a guest room, but part of me wonders if that wasn’t just a handy excuse for some addiction transference.

3 hours ago, Darci kendall said:

Not true a know a lot of People who have had Bypass and all 5 of them wish they had the Sleeve . Plus they have all gained back there Weight .

I'm glad I had the sleeve.

On 05/16/2019 at 07:25, Darci kendall said:

Not true a know a lot of People who have had Bypass and all 5 of them wish they had the Sleeve . Plus they have all gained back there Weight .
What is this in reference to? I see a helluva lot more people getting revision surgeries because their sleeve didn’t work than people failing with a bypass

I just wonder if people’s sleeves stop working cause they don’t follow healthy diet I hate to thk tht we went through all this for it to not work

On 05/16/2019 at 13:25, sallie Lindsey said:

I just wonder if people’s sleeves stop working cause they don’t follow healthy diet I hate to thk tht we went through all this for it to not work
I think that’s true for some. I also think there are lots of other reasons. Some gain due to medications they have to take, other medical reasons or like me, my sleeve was not done properly to start with so my tool subpar from the start.

I hope all of us are successful with whichever surgery we have 😊

My husband called me and said we're going to the new Golden Corral restaurant by our home. Just found out it is a buffet!!

He said I can eat a piece of chicken of his plate. I said "no, you can't do that, it is a buffet."

I told him to go with our daughter and family and he doesn't want to. Omg, he's very upset! He doesn't understand I'm not that girl anymore.