Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

On 06/12/2019 at 17:03, Everythinganna said:

You are so skinny!!

I absolutely love you for saying this.

That being said, I’m a size 14 right now and goal is a size 8.

Wow... that sounds so surreal, but I want it badly and refuse to stop until I get there

It is so good to see everyone's progress. I had a major set back last week with a very bad, week long diarrhea bug. Horrible! Lost my appetite completely, got dehydrated, and have been slowly crawling out of the hole. However, once I could start to eat a little bit, it was basically the BRAT diet - banana, rice, applesauce, dry toast. No kidding - that's all I could tolerate, I tried to sip a Protein Shake but just couldnt do it. So I am now trying to get more Protein back into the mix and cut way back on the carbs that were the only things I could digest. Really wrecked my exercise schedule, too. But day by day it's getting better.

I am getting very close to goal and struggling with a few issues - any of my Feb Buds having the same?

1) very anxious about return of hunger/appetite and my ability to maintain.

2) worried that I won't be able to reach my goal at all. It still seems so surreal. I haven't been this weight in 40 years.

3) Body dysmorphia. I have so many sags and wrinkles that I feel like I look like a haggard, old woman - like my skin is 90 years old. I feel like I look freakish. I never wanted my husband to see my fat body, but now I don't want him to see my sagging flesh body. I feel bony - can see ribs, collarbones, shoulder blades, hip bones. I feel like I look like a concentration camp survivor. I know logically this is not true, but I have become very self conscious. I hardly recognize my own face. Maybe this is from so much change in such a short amount of time.

On 6/11/2019 at 1:24 AM, Transforming_T said:

I started losing a lot of hair daily. Luckily it’s thick, so I have some wiggle room. I’m taking double my Biotin and collagen, but it doesn’t seem to matter. I think it boils down to Protein and Water intake, which I’m sucking at.

I started losing hair last week. I am also taking Biotin. From what I understand, the hair died a long time ago - when we were in the starvation phase. Now the new hair is starting to come in and it's pushing the old dead hair out. That is good news! Our biotin won't prevent the loss necessarily, but it will help the new hair grow in healthier.

17 minutes ago, AZhiker said:

I started losing hair last week. I am also taking Biotin. From what I understand, the hair died a long time ago - when we were in the starvation phase. Now the new hair is starting to come in and it's pushing the old dead hair out. That is good news! Our Biotin won't prevent the loss necessarily, but it will help the new hair grow in healthier.

I thought because I had lots of hair this wouldn't be a problem. WRONG! I'm losing tons of hair! I went and bought Vitamins, Shampoo & conditioner. I sure hope it doesn't get real bad.

2 minutes ago, gabybab said:

I thought because I had lots of hair this wouldn't be a problem. WRONG! I'm losing tons of hair! I went and bought Vitamins, Shampoo & conditioner. I sure hope it doesn't get real bad.

I went and got a short summer cut, to minimize the visual trauma in the drain!

9 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

I absolutely love you for saying this.

That being said, I’m a size 14 right now and goal is a size 8. 

Wow... that sounds so surreal, but I want it badly and refuse to stop until I get there

You will get there. You are probably the most dedicated person on here! Even if you don’t you look amazing right now. I’m kind of at that point myself. I’m 20 pounds away from where I originally set my goal weight but I think I look awesome. If I didn’t lose another pound I would be happy with where I am right now. You look the same. If I was meeting you for the first time I would never have pegged you as someone that struggled with weight. You look fit and healthy.

I’m at a hotel for business travel. Everything is so big and so expensive on the menu so I went with the kids Breakfast. The portion is still enormous! Here is my before and after. How did I do? I guess I shouldn’t be worried about my capacity. If this is what a normal person could eat I am nowhere near this.

1C726619-C0D8-4206-A887-2487D7C76336.jpeg

42319DF9-A785-43A2-B27B-88A8A6ACB818.jpeg

9 hours ago, AZhiker said:

It is so good to see everyone's progress. I had a major set back last week with a very bad, week long diarrhea bug. Horrible! Lost my appetite completely, got dehydrated, and have been slowly crawling out of the hole. However, once I could start to eat a little bit, it was basically the BRAT diet - banana, rice, applesauce, dry toast. No kidding - that's all I could tolerate, I tried to sip a Protein Shake but just couldnt do it. So I am now trying to get more Protein back into the mix and cut way back on the carbs that were the only things I could digest. Really wrecked my exercise schedule, too. But day by day it's getting better.

I am getting very close to goal and struggling with a few issues - any of my Feb Buds having the same?

2) worried that I won't be able to reach my goal at all. It still seems so surreal. I haven't been this weight in 40 years.

3) Body dysmorphia. I have so many sags and wrinkles that I feel like I look like a haggard, old woman - like my skin is 90 years old. I feel like I look freakish. I never wanted my husband to see my fat body, but now I don't want him to see my sagging flesh body. I feel bony - can see ribs, collarbones, shoulder blades, hip bones. I feel like I look like a concentration camp survivor. I know logically this is not true, but I have become very self conscious. I hardly recognize my own face. Maybe this is from so much change in such a short amount of time.

AZ- I am so sorry to hear about your struggles. I’m glad you are getting rehydrated and back to normal now. That sounds very unpleasant!

I had your same concern just recently. Number one on your list. I was able to eat a whole taco the other day and it really freaked me out. However that was apparently a one off because I’m back to barely eating again. It was so weird.

You may or may not hit your goal but it sounds like you were already much much thinner if you were noticing bones! While I like my face being thinner I am definitely looking older. I have even considered a facelift or brow lift. I am only in my early 40s so that seems a little extreme. We’ll have to see how things progress if I lose more weight. I’m Sure you look fantastic!

On 06/13/2019 at 07:41, Everythinganna said:

I’m at a hotel for business travel. Everything is so big and so expensive on the menu so I went with the kids Breakfast. The portion is still enormous! Here is my before and after. How did I do? I guess I shouldn’t be worried about my capacity. If this is what a normal person could eat I am nowhere near this.

1C726619-C0D8-4206-A887-2487D7C76336.jpeg

42319DF9-A785-43A2-B27B-88A8A6ACB818.jpeg

Lol! That before and after looks about what a 2 year old who wasn’t interested in eating breakfast would consume.
Love it!

15 hours ago, AZhiker said:

AZ, that could have been written by me! I am horrified by the sagging skin and don't want anyone to see it. And I also have jutting collarbones and shoulder blades, although I still prefer that to what I used to look like. I too am surprised every time I look in the mirror because my face looks so different (including the loose skin hanging below my jaw like a turkey).

I also realize that this is still the honeymoon phase and wonder what it will be like when it's over. I would hate to have gone through all this only to re-gain weight in a year or two. However, I have to think that I'm training my mind to make sensible food choices, and that should last beyond the honeymoon.

On 6/12/2019 at 10:09 AM, Sheribear68 said:

lol, and here I was to post 4 month progress photos and see your post!

Okay, so “hot” left me about 20-ish years ago, but at this age I’m aiming for “fit” and “healthy” 🤣🤣

Sheribear, you look amazing! Based on those photos it's hard to imagine that you very much weight left to lose!

I'm three pounds off a 100 pound weight loss.
Eight until I'm under 200!

Four months from surgery day tomorrow.

Legitimately thought I'd be around here at the six month mark, if I was hella lucky.

Feeling super-grateful for getting the opportunity to have WLS right now... even if I do have one heck of a bill to pay 😬

On 06/13/2019 at 14:28, Recidivist said:

Sheribear, you look amazing! Based on those photos it's hard to imagine that you very much weight left to lose!

Thanks, but I’m still over 185 pounds.
Goal is to land between 145-150.

I’m almost freaking out hearing some of you guys are close to goal because I feel as if I’m MILES away from that.
However I’ve been such a slow loser all this time so I guess it’s to be expected.
Wow I can’t wait to hear from you guys as you cross the finish line!

Mind you, I’ll be bringing up the rear, but I’ll get there eventually

On 06/13/2019 at 18:00, EmzBee said:

I'm three pounds off a 100 pound weight loss.

Eight until I'm under 200!

Four months from surgery day tomorrow.

Legitimately thought I'd be around here at the six month mark, if I was hella lucky.

Feeling super-grateful for getting the opportunity to have WLS right now... even if I do have one heck of a bill to pay 😬

Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100 pounds is AMAZING for 4 months.
Holy moly you’ve completely rocked this thing