Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

On 6/8/2019 at 9:08 PM, Recidivist said:

Hi, all. We have five house guests (all family) for the month of June, so things are a little hectic. Oc course, that means lots of big celebratory dinners, both at home and in restaurants. I can honestly say I have no cravings and still don't feel hungry (ever). However, I feel uncomfortable with the social aspect of food when friends and family are enjoying a big meal together and I'm having a scrap of chicken. Of course, everyone keeps telling me that "one bit won't hurt you" even when I assure them I'm completely full.

Otherwise, I'm feeling very good. The one thing I notice now that I've lost a significant amount of weight is that I'm rather weak and lacking stamina. My next goal is to start doing strength training at the gym.

Recivist--are you tired too? I feel very tired at night. I am thinking it's because I'm forgetting to drink as much waster as I used to!

I started losing a lot of hair daily. Luckily it’s thick, so I have some wiggle room. I’m taking double my Biotin and collagen, but it doesn’t seem to matter. I think it boils down to Protein and Water intake, which I’m sucking at. Had some major trigger events two weeks in a row and I noticed I had been eating carbs a lot more than I had been. The last three days I’ve hardly eaten anything, as my stomach is either upset or I just don’t have a desire to eat. Which is probably the cause of my feeling tired a lot. I’m also goi g to see if my Dr can run my labs. I’m thinking I might be a bit anemic.
Everyday is a new day to start back on track though. So here’s hopping tomorrow is better.
I did have a NSV. I now weigh well below the required weight limit to do indoor skydiving. I went this last Saturday for the first time ever. It was fun, but nerve racking as the flight suit was a little snug in the hips area. But never the less I did it! I also pulled out last years shorts and they are too loose on me! That is another positive NSV. Trying to stay on the positive side, even though the tummy is not happy right now.
Hope we all have a better June!

My hunger AND capacity are increasing! I ate almost a whole taco the other day. I’m also having much less nausea after eating... I’m really going to have to tighten up the diet to keep losing now...

Now is the time to make a decision! Are you controlling your appetite or is your appetite controlling you? Your continued weight loss is hoping for the Right Decision

Frust8 can you unpack that for me? What do I do??

I think you are going to decide to tell your appetite to calm down, because I'm proud and I'm sure you're even prouder of your weight losses. But it is a dirty rotten trick that your appetite is returning. I tell myself" Nothing has felt as good as thinner looks" but it is Not Easy, is it?

Thank you! I know you are further out from surgery than I... did you notice you could eat more at a point and when did that start to happen?

On 06/11/2019 at 11:20, Everythinganna said:

My hunger AND capacity are increasing! I ate almost a whole taco the other day. I’m also having much less nausea after eating... I’m really going to have to tighten up the diet to keep losing now...

I still fluctuate on this.
Some days it feels like the hungry monster has ahold of me and I want to snack between my 2 meals/1 snack daily.
When that happens, I go for things like a cheese stick or boiled egg or 2 tablespoons hummus and carrots, or a glass of milk. The key is to avoid carbs during these “hungry” moments.

The other day at work I ate 1 boiled egg, 1 cheese stick, 1 pouch tuna, 1 cup milk , 1 beef Jerky stick and 3 hot pickes in a 12 hour shift. This is a LOT of food for me still and I was starting to get upset at my hunger. Oh yea, and somehow I also managed to drink 56 ounces of Water during the same time period.
The incredible part was that my body was still craving “more”. I steadfastly refused to give it anything carb-y or lacking in nutrients and finally the cravings settled down. I would force myself to drink 8 ounces of water and wait 30 minutes once the hunger signals started before I would cave and eat something.

Today I’ve had 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 single meatball, and some milk in morning coffee and I just tried to drink water (it’s been 90 minutes since my lunch) and couldn’t drink more than 4 ounces water before the overstretched full feeling made me back off.
The thought of eating anything right now brings on a feeling of vague nausea.

No idea why I’m experiencing swings like this 2 days apart. 🤷‍♀️

On the upside, I think the weight loss is starting again. I’m down from 189.4 on Thursday to 186.6 today.
Thank goodness the 3 month stall is behind me.

Thank you Sheri! I mean I guess this is all relative. It’s not like we are eating tons of food. But compared to when I was eating a month ago I would say my quantity is almost doubled in the last week. Prior to this past week I would get nauseated after I would eat almost every time. I could barely get anything down. Then suddenly out of nowhere maybe I healed? Because now I can eat with no pain and no nausea afterwards. I get full faster than a normal person but it’s very bizarre.

So for my recap for the day is two slices of bacon for Breakfast, all rolled up bunch of turkey meat for lunch, now I have eaten about 10 shrimp. Very small cocktail shrimp with cocktail sauce. But 10!? I could never have imagined eating 10 shrimp a month ago. I also had a medium sized sugarfree red bull and a few glasses of tea. Maybe the caffeine is amping it up. Probably need to bring on the Water water water water water.

Edited by Everythinganna

2 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

On the upside, I think the weight loss is starting again. I’m down from 189.4 on Thursday to 186.6 today. 
Thank goodness the 3 month stall is behind me.

Hells yea! Way to go!!

On 06/11/2019 at 16:29, Everythinganna said:

Thank you Sheri! I mean I guess this is all relative. It’s not like we are eating tons of food. But compared to when I was eating a month ago I would say my quantity is almost doubled in the last week. Prior to this past week I would get nauseated after I would eat almost every time. I could barely get anything down. Then suddenly out of nowhere maybe I healed? Because now I can eat with no pain and no nausea afterwards. I get full faster than a normal person but it’s very bizarre.

So for my recap for the day is two slices of bacon for Breakfast, all rolled up bunch of turkey meat for lunch, now I have eaten about 10 shrimp. Very small cocktail shrimp with cocktail sauce. But 10!? I could never have imagined eating 10 shrimp a month ago. I also had a medium sized sugarfree red bull and a few glasses of tea. Maybe the caffeine is amping it up. Probably need to bring on the Water Water water water water.

Anna, these are extremely healthy and non-carby foods so while I get it that your nausea going away and appetite coming back is alarming, the choices are awesome.

One thing all of us February peeps are going to have to come to terms with soon is the fact that we are healing, and that this is a good thing.

Now we are going to move into the next phase of this journey and learn how to make good lifestyle and healthy choices when we’re not feeling so sick.

I’m personally psyched at the prospect because it means progression.

On 06/11/2019 at 16:31, Everythinganna said:

Hells yea! Way to go!!

Omg, my BMI is 29.3!!!
This means I’m merely “overweight” instead of any kind of obese category.

Another note: the weight I’m at right now is officially lower than my lowest weight since I was pregnant with my daughter. Guys.... my daughter turns 22 next month!

45 minutes ago, Sheribear68 said:

Omg, my BMI is 29.3!!!
This means I’m merely “overweight” instead of any kind of obese category.

Another note: the weight I’m at right now is officially lower than my lowest weight since I was pregnant with my daughter. Guys.... my daughter turns 22 next month!

Loving your success story! Knowing how active you are in and seeing the portions and food choices you have been making this is no surprise. Your dedication is showing, girl! I bet you look HOT!!

On 06/11/2019 at 19:08, Everythinganna said:

Loving your success story! Knowing how active you are in and seeing the portions and food choices you have been making this is no surprise. Your dedication is showing, girl! I bet you look HOT!!

lol, and here I was to post 4 month progress photos and see your post!

Okay, so “hot” left me about 20-ish years ago, but at this age I’m aiming for “fit” and “healthy” 🤣🤣

image-0.0019073486328125.jpg

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

7 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

lol, and here I was to post 4 month progress photos and see your post!

Okay, so “hot” left me about 20-ish years ago, but at this age I’m aiming for “fit” and “healthy” 🤣🤣

image-0.0019073486328125.jpg

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

You are so skinny!!