Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sophomoreville - A Home For The the Tweeners

2 minutes ago, sideeye said:

Open to suggestions - never met a religious/cultural holiday that hasn’t got some good stuff to raid.

And now since the holidays are mostly over: how did the relations/friends react to seeing you in the flesh? I was (pleasantly) dissected for most of the holiday as aunts compared the last time each of them had seen me with now, and also with me as a teenager, and with my mother, and then focused in on what had changed which month... They also decided that “something” had changed rather dramatically between Thanksgiving and mid-Dec that couldn’t be explained by a 6 lb weight loss. I told them it was a 24 hour sex marathon in Vegas, and because my aunts are great, they just cackled like lunatics and told me to add that to my swimming/walking fitness regimen.

Too Funny! We need updated photos whenever you can, and Bellagio fountain sexathon stories to live vicariously through...

5 minutes ago, sideeye said:

Open to suggestions - never met a religious/cultural holiday that hasn’t got some good stuff to raid.

And now since the holidays are mostly over: how did the relations/friends react to seeing you in the flesh? I was (pleasantly) dissected for most of the holiday as aunts compared the last time each of them had seen me with now, and also with me as a teenager, and with my mother, and then focused in on what had changed which month... They also decided that “something” had changed rather dramatically between Thanksgiving and mid-Dec that couldn’t be explained by a 6 lb weight loss. I told them it was a 24 hour sex marathon in Vegas, and because my aunts are great, they just cackled like lunatics and told me to add that to my swimming/walking fitness regimen.

Bwahaha!

It was chill. We spent Christmas at DisneyWorld...never again (I was outvoted 😒).

I got the obligatory 'you look nice' from most. No one knows that I had surgery. Shhhh!

At the family get-together, I got quite a few "you look greats" mixed in with "you look frail" and now you just need "to get healthy". Oh, well.

I just can't believe that when I was this weight the first time, I thought I was fat. If only I'd known to be happy with my weight then, maybe I wouldn't have yo-yoed up to 272.

And haven't I told you, very few of MY relatives would I choose as friends. And when you were this size before you were younger. When I was my current size before I didn't think I looked too shabby, now I just look weary and 😟 worried, but got to believe 2019 may bring answers to All my questions. Watching for a Beautiful Sunrise Soon!

Just coming into Sophmoreville. I am nearly 6 mos post-RNY and noticing my hair seems a little thinner. Not too bad, but the baby hairs ARE killing me. Sticking up all over the place, but most noticeably around my hair line. I went to FaceTime my father in law on Christmas and immediately said, “JFC I look like a d*mned porcupine!”

Has anyone noticed skin changes? Mine seems to be getting a bit more oily, whereas before it was always on the dry side.

Only heading to 4 months, but noticed riht behind my bangs I'm thinning, and what is there is spiking up and looks like baby chicken🐣 fluff. Maybe it isn't noticeable to others but it sure looks odd to ME!😰

PSA: Welcome all tweens--especially our newbie tweens who've just hit their 6months seniority!!!! As defined on the first page of the thread, here is the definition of Sophomores, in case you don't know it and are in this thread by mistake or prematurely.

" Ok, so tweens in the WLS world (in my tiny Idaho) are peeps who are experienced -- maybe 6mos-9mos+, but are not yet VETS. However, VETS reserve the right to participate in the high jinx due to their exalted status here. :) "

kthankyouvermuch

serrynotserry

I have a topic for today! Wooohoooo! Finally! I've been topicless for a while. :)

I'm not one for New Year's Resolutions...but I am all about the numbers and love symmetry. Cuz you know...a diet isn't a diet if it doesn't start on either a Sunday or a Monday. ;) haha!

So January 1 looms and it's the start of a year long "reset" to redirect and rechart your course if you've found yourself sailing without going anywhere fast, adrift in the sea of whirley twirley gumdrops and find that now as a Sophomore you're hungrier, can eat more, can have more "normal" daily activities...and maybe even lost your initial drive due to diet fatigue.

What are you gonna do differently starting January 1 to reach your goal and get back on course with a full sail and a strong wind and following sea?

I've already gone back to setting my timers. I'm really bad about drinking too soon. Nutritionist says I'll make malabsorption worse

I need to see the nutritionist. Due to a mix of work relocations and personal life chaos, I haven’t seen her in probably 6 months. I SEEM to be doing fine, the doc says my blood tests are good, but... best to check.

I’m also in a kitchen where I can finally cook properly. Jury’s out as to whether this will be a good or bad thing (pro: healthy meals! con: recipe makes 4 servings). I’ll have to keep an eye on it.

11 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

I've already gone back to setting my timers. I'm really bad about drinking too soon. Nutritionist says I'll make malabsorption worse

Nice! And an area where I've gotten sloppy. Did not EVEN stop to think that it increases speed of food out of pouch and absorption zone so it equals more malabsorption! SNAP!

3 minutes ago, sideeye said:

I’m also in a kitchen where I can finally cook properly. Jury’s out as to whether this will be a good or bad thing (pro: healthy meals! con: recipe makes 4 servings). I’ll have to keep an eye on it.

It's a double edge sword for sure! But you will figure out your system. Like for us now, even with me eating more, I still only do 1/2 recipes of stuff. And mostly just stick with grilled meats/seafood for the week. So instead of getting 4 breasts, I get 2 and slice them into thin planks and quick grill them. And it ends up being more than enough for recipes through the week that use chicken! I also break recipes up so that the "bases" are made and then you just need to assemble and re-warm. Keeps things from getting boring and it's kinda like garanimals for food. :D (ie I can take a piece of that grilled chicken (about 2oz), top it with low carb marinara and 1/2oz of mozz and 1/2oz of parm. Bake it at 350* till warm and melty and throw a handful of spinach into a pan and wilt it quickly. Done! Or I can have broccoli pre-made and just saute til hot with garlic and olive oil. Meal done in 10-15minutes max!)

On 12/27/2018 at 11:29, FluffyChix said:

PSA: Welcome all tweens--especially our newbie tweens who've just hit their 6months seniority!!!! As defined on the first page of the thread, here is the definition of Sophomores, in case you don't know it and are in this thread by mistake or prematurely.

" Ok, so tweens in the WLS world (in my tiny Idaho) are peeps who are experienced -- maybe 6mos-9mos+, but are not yet VETS. However, VETS reserve the right to participate in the high jinx due to their exalted status here. :) "

kthankyouvermuch

serrynotserry

Creating a thread on a public forum and trying to exclude people based on some arbitrary rule you created seems... a bit... futile. People can post wherever they please. 💁🏻‍♀️

image-0.00107288360595703.jpg

10 minutes ago, insta_adventurer said:

Creating a thread on a public forum and trying to exclude people based on some arbitrary rule you created seems... a bit... futile. People can post wherever they please. 💁🏻‍♀️

image-0.00107288360595703.jpg

K thanks for your opinion. But the POINT of this thread was to be able to have a space uniquely our own just as the VETS have their own forum that we cannot post in. Just as the GUYS have their own forum that makes them totally wigged out if we girls post in it. I was hoping the Sophomores could have their own thread and space to discuss issues that might be somewhat unique to where we are in our journey. I don't think it's right for people who are still newly into surgery to insinuate themselves into the area where our needs/crises/challenges are completely different.

Not trying to be a mean girl. But glad I know your opinion of me. I much prefer straight forward to pretend.

Edited by FluffyChix