Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery in the morning...Nerves are kicking in!

Need to be at the hospital at 530A. Surgery is at 730A. Nervous about anesthesia, procedure complications, post-op pain...pretty much everything. Leaving it in God's hands. I praying that I'll be ok.

Need to be at the hospital at 530A. Surgery is at 730A. Nervous about anesthesia, procedure complications, post-op pain...pretty much everything. Leaving it in God's hands. I praying that I'll be ok.
You got this! Praying for you now....#ROCKSTARSTATUS

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I was a nervous wreck before my surgery..panic attacks, second guessing myself and all that jazz. You can even see some of my posts on here documents my anxiety about everything.
Had the surgery 5 days ago and everything went fine. There was pain but nothing unbearable. Not sure what your pain management will be but I was so out of it from the morphine, I dont even remember what happened between the time they knocked me out to the time I was waking up in my room 7 hours later.
I wish you well!

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

It’ll be fine—- over before you know it! Hardest part was the gas .
It’s an amazing journey that you’ll love.
Good luck and post when you’re able to post op!

We have the same exact surgery date and time! Itll be okay! We've come too far to turn back now

No worries, you will be just fine! It's normal to get antsy, I definitely was. You will be jumping for joy and screaming "this is the best decision I've ever made"! I am in awe with my 3 week post OP results! 48pds down in just 3 weeks! Prayers and hugs!

Thank you all for the supportive words. I just had a salad for dinner. That'll it be the last real food for a while. I'll touch base tomorrow afternoon.

Hope all goes well!

Good luck! See you on the other side! 🙌

Surgery was Monday morning. Got home yesterday afternoon.

Post-op pain is manageable. The only intense pain is around an incision that was stapled into the muscle. Not having any trouble with swallowing. Started adding stool softener to liquids to avoid constipation.

All in all, I'm happy to be on the other side of surgery.