Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

Hello. My name is Fluff C. And I'm an addict. Every day I feel compelled to eat a big ass salad. And I eat capacious amounts of them--over and over and over again. I jones and yearn for them so. Today I sinned with turkey, super greens, spinach, red/green cabbage, radish, onion, rbp. Did I mention onion? Avocado too. pumpkin seeds and RF feta, and my beloved WF Italian dressing was lusciously slathered to and fro, from hither to yon and in between! And I ate it all. Every last delicious leaf.

Now I'm stuffed. And feel guilty for my extreme gustatory pleasure.

I vow to never eat again.

Help save me from myself and this evil addiction.

Interesting study:

Effects of a low carbohydrate diet on energy expenditure during weight loss maintenance: randomized trial

https://www.bmj.com/content/363/bmj.k4583

Article: The Case Against Carbohydrates Gets Stronger

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-ludwig-carbohydrate-insulin-study-20181114-story.html

You know that I believe TRULY, that not everyone is cut out to be low carb/keto or even low glycemic/low glycemic load (which is most technically what I am). I think we all must find the way that works, and works for us long term. But this new article came up on my Mozilla screen this morning and it was significant enough for me to share with my IF buddies. Cuz through IF we are all seeking to effect hormonal changes in our body that may be able to change the course of our life and disease that may affect us later.

This study is significant in that:

1. It has a significant number of study participants

2. It is one of the Gold Standards of study design: Randomized Controlled Study

3. It has very little conflicting interests

4. It was well designed with ACTUAL low carb partitions, not just a falsely labeled specious "low carb diet" that was actually a high carb diet at 51%...

So anyway, just wanted to share, not trying to influence anyone or cram my lifestyle down anyone's throat claiming mine is superior. Only showing that this is just a new study that provides food for thoughts.

Not trying to spark a war here btw. So please, only civil discourse in our little Shangri La!

Ok, so one reason I love IF is that it allows me to have "cheat days" or "cheat weekends". LOL, this was a cheat weekend for sure! Holy cow. I won't even discuss yesterday but it was a humdinger of 3 square meals! BIG meals. *sigh*. I had been maintaining and stuck at 148.8 going between 148.4 and 148.8 all week. *bigger sigh*. My body was only less than 150lbs for a brief time as a senior in high school. So getting down to 140lbs is a big challenge for me and for it. And it doesn't help that I had a "really BIG weekend" LOL. But TG for IF. :D

I'm making a rib roast today as our "early TG"--they were on sale and beautiful. So it "had to be done" and I will make all the fixins: smashed roasted cauliflower, roasted asparagus, sauteed mushrooms, horseradish sauce. I'm gonna try to eat halfway early-er for us. LOL. About 7pm. Then I'm done.

I'm going to start another IF of at LEAST 24 hours, but may try to push it 36-48 hours. Anyone want to join in? I'm gonna try to hook up with Dr. Boz to see if she's gonna fast too. My goal is to at least be 148lbs prior to TG day meal! Hahahaaha!

Gonna do a long walk this morning and try to be extra active today as well.

How is everyone doing? How are you doing with IF?

Dayum. The scale is not my friend this morning. I'm not gonna share what it said...before I hit it with a sledge hammer...

I had ALL. THE. BAD. THINGS this weekend including: (oh and no IF in sight anywhere)

Breakfasts

Lunches

Pre-Dinner Snacks + Wine

dinner + Wine

Post Dinner Snacks + Wine

Holy fu*k! So so so so so so bad. The. End.

I'm now into hour 11 of my IF. Where I'll stop no one knows, but I'm just saying, yesterday popcorn and chili and tamales were involved in the shenanigans. Newsflash: popcorn is a slider food. *sigh* *gulp*

On a brighter note. I am testing out whether I can do without my last BP med. I took the last one on Thursday, so Friday morning no med. This is the 4th day so the real test is going to be from here forward: what happens to my BP and what happens to my weight. Fingers crossed my high BP is now officially in remission and another medicine is discontinued making it 6 meds I've gotten off of since WLS. Yay team!

So that pile of glass, gears and metal once was your scale? Big pile of refuse now in Houston! Warning , woman with steam escaping from ears standing behind the remains! We ❤💚💜💙💛you Fluffy Chix, we're still Your Hood!

Hello! :)

A lot to catch up with on this thread!

Just wanted to pop in and let you all know I'm still here!

Work travel has been insane, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel right now. Only a couple of more trips between now and the end of the year.

I'm still figuring out what happens to the scale if I just eat what I want. I seem to be able to maintain .... maybe, we'll see ... :unsure:

Hope y'all had a fantastic weekend!

Just now, sillykitty said:

Hello! :)

A lot to catch up with on this thread!

Just wanted to pop in and let you all know I'm still here!

Work travel has been insane, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel right now. Only a couple of more trips between now and the end of the year.

I'm still figuring out what happens to the scale if I just eat what I want. I seem to be able to maintain .... maybe, we'll see ... :unsure:

Hope y'all had a fantastic weekend!

So great to hear from you! And so happy you are maintaining. Congrats on 144.8lbs girl!!! That's terrific! You sound happy and busy! Can't wait for you to be able to come play again at some point!!!

I’m back too. Not dead! But I also trashed my scale this morning. 😂 I’ve been so ridiculous with my food choices. But I’m starting 16:8 again today and since that’s what was working for me. My one year surgiversary is next Wednesday so I need to be very good!

Just now, redhead_che said:

I’m back too. Not dead! But I also trashed my scale this morning. 😂 I’ve been so ridiculous with my food choices. But I’m starting 16:8 again today and since that’s what was working for me. My one year surgiversary is next Wednesday so I need to be very good!

Yay! Glad you're back! I made it to 4pm yesterday then caved. "The Rationalization" is strong in that one... hahaha

Did you really trash your scale?

I had a ridiculously gorgeous dinner last night. Standing rib was on sale, so made a 1bone roast with horse radish sauce, smashed roasted cauliflower, sauteed mushies, and asparagus in brown butter. It was delish! And oddly, I'm down 1 pound this morning. LOL.Scales suck and are so weird.

36 minutes ago, redhead_che said:

I'm also resuming 16:8 today

Yay!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna do a 16:8 or 18:6 one of those. LOL with the whole addition of breaking my fast with Protein coffee...um, did I mention rationalization here? ;) hahaha!

Now, we want to hear more about how you plan to alter your undies. :D And discuss cardio.

Ok, go!

21 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Yay!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna do a 16:8 or 18:6 one of those. LOL with the whole addition of breaking my fast with Protein coffee...um, did I mention rationalization here? ;) hahaha!

Now, we want to hear more about how you plan to alter your undies. :D And discuss cardio.

Ok, go!

I always have Protein coffee with 16:8 Fasting. I rationalized that months ago lol.

Apparently endurance exercises have real world applications

I kind of knew this during the summer when I outpaced my fit 24 yr old niece who is used to being chauffeured around by her SO. I blame Europe for my love of walking. I would walk entire cities and be just fine so I decided to do the same at home, weather permitting.

I need to look hard at the lingerie to see if I can actually alter it or just take this "L"

And I may start running regularly, now that I'm being chased 😎

Edited by GreenTealael

4 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

I always have Protein coffee with 16:8 Fasting. I rationalized that months ago lol.

Apparently endurance exercises have real world applications

I kind of knew this during the summer when I outpaced my fit 24 yr old niece who is used to being chauffeured around by her SO. I blame Europe for my love of walking. I would walk entire cities and be just fine so I decided to do the same at home, weather permitting.

I need to look hard at the lingerie to see if I can actually alter it or just take this "L"

And I may start running regularly, now that I'm being chased 😎

I have a sh*t-eating grin on my face. I'm so danged happy for you!!!! And here-here to "real world applications" of endurance training!!!!! Wooootttttt!!! :) Can we get piccys of you 2 yet? ;)

20 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

I have a sh*t-eating grin on my face. I'm so danged happy for you!!!! And here-here to "real world applications" of endurance training!!!!! Wooootttttt!!! :) Can we get piccys of you 2 yet? ;)

Thanks!!!

No photos unless he signs a photo release lol so probably not