Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

5 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Don't know which to give you a bigger hug for:

1. The funeral. So sorry for your loss!

2. Having to tragically eat and snack of great contraband all day.

3. Hell week...no words. Just. No. Words!

You will get back and get back on it! We'll miss you!

Lol the food timing is horrible, not even bad things but I think this proves IF is life long for me

Why do people want to eat all day long!?!?, and take you along for the ride... I even skipped some meals and just had a drink. I guess that's the nature of funerals

And thank you.

Edited by GreenTealael

2 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Lol the food timing is horrible, not even bad things but I think this proves IF is life long for me

Why do people want to eat all day long!?!?, and take you along for the ride... I even skipped some meals and just had a drink. I guess that's the nature of funerals

And thank you.

I think we eat all day at funerals cuz often people bring your "known favorites" in order to feel like they're doing something constructive for you--and because we all use "food for comfort" and as a drug. :(

Good that you skipped some meals! You can always cradle a continual cup of hot tea or coffee in your hands and that will keep them (your hands) busy!! :) (Easier said than done, however.)

MUAH!

So it's the big 4-0 today. And whereas I did not meet my dream goal of 200, today did show another small drop in weight. I'm now at 208.3, which is cool to see another little drop. Maybe I'll be able to hit my dream goal before christmas.
Happy Birthday, mate. What an achievement to come this far! That's under 95 kilos which sounds even better! [emoji108]

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, Matt Z said:

So it's the big 4-0 today. And whereas I did not meet my dream goal of 200, today did show another small drop in weight. I'm now at 208.3, which is cool to see another little drop. Maybe I'll be able to hit my dream goal before christmas.

Happy Birthday! Have a great one! Are the shingles easing up?

3 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Morning folks. Sorry - gone all day with my 6month check-ups! Good news is that I have another 6 months under my belt of "dating NED" and am good for another 6months. Yippee! Interesting news is that I have to wear an "event monitor" to see why I'm having skipped beats, and we're trying to figure out how to get rid of my last bp med.

More scary news...we went to a new restaurant for lunch yesterday and I split a cup of chili and burger balls and came home, fell asleep, and woke with a 36bg! I have my first reactive hypoglycemia attack and it was so so so scary. Sweating profusely, heart racing and skipping, shaking so much I could barely navigate or use my arms/hands, could barely coordinate a thought to speak. And had to forceably make myself go get a can of pineapple juice (only juice in the house) that I keep for making a marinade and some unsweetened applesauce to try to get my bg back up to normal. I was successful in doing that (thank you God). But holy whackadoodle! It was scary larry for a while.

Also before saying BS, you'd be dead at 36bg, we use a Fora brand bg meter which I "think" may read low by 10-15points from bgs measured with drawn blood. But it was still very dangerously low, I'd say at least in the mid-40s to low 50s judging on how discombobulated I was and how bad I felt the rest of the day.

I also got my fasting insulin back and it's awesome! It went down from 14 to 2!!! So my IR is in remission right now it looks like! IF appears to really be working metabollically for me. My bg this morning was 76. I am planning on doing an 18-6 today but will watch it.

@GreenTealael so MAN! I can relate to your posts now about your RH or dumping. I think it may be very similar?

How are all of you doing?

Man, that sounds awful. I'm glad you were at home. How do you prevent it from happening again?

3 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Happy Birthday! Have a great one! Are the shingles easing up?

Thank you! They are slightly.

15 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

So I was reminded why I switched from truvia to sweetleaf stevia.

I forgot it was once my go to laxative...

Im going to delete today from my mind palace.

Awwww man!!! So sorry to hear this on top of everything else! Maybe if we call Dr. Bombay, @sillykitty will appear and post like nobody's beeswax making us all laugh and have fun?!! :D

Happy Birthday @Matt Z, woohoo you are doing so great - try to remember that! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

@FluffyChix be really careful of that low blood sugar, glad you were on top of it, carry some frosting gel in little tubes in your purse and individual peanut butters. Sugar first and then a little Protein to make it stay in normal range. Scary damn ****, I know as I have two type 1 kiddos (now adults), low bs - ohhh say 36 or 24 causes convulsions, peeing your pants....and a brain that just can't work.... Glad you are okay💖

The scale hates me, it has been stuck for a month wobbling up and down by 1 or .5 I might try eating fish for a week, plus egg for bf, etc. We'll see. Later.

Wait LOL this....https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/low-carb-diets-may-be-best-for-weight-loss-maintenance-study-finds/

Edited by Sosewsue61

13 minutes ago, Sosewsue61 said:

Happy Birthday @Matt Z, woohoo you are doing so great - try to remember that! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

@FluffyChix be really careful of that low blood sugar, glad you were on top of it, carry some frosting gel in little tubes in your purse and individual peanut butters. Sugar first and then a little Protein to make it stay in normal range. Scary damn ****, I know as I have two type 1 kiddos (now adults), low bs - ohhh say 36 or 24 causes convulsions, peeing your pants....and a brain that just can't work.... Glad you are okay💖

The scale hates me, it has been stuck for a month wobbling up and down by 1 or .5 I might try eating fish for a week, plus egg for bf, etc. We'll see. Later.

Wait LOL this....https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/low-carb-diets-may-be-best-for-weight-loss-maintenance-study-finds/

OMG! I'm so sorry to hear of your kiddos both being T1!! So glad you knew how to manage it. It had to be so much tougher. And all the worrying about them! Jeeze!!! TY for the very useful advice!!! The frosting gel is a great idea!

It's so weird about the "pee in your pants"! I woke up sweating profusely muttering about "so hot" and then I just sat there and couldn't move--like paralyzed and watching myself not do anything to help myself take clothes off. Then I had to pee SO BAD and almost thought I was gonna pee myself. It was that, that finally roused me enough to get up and move--cuz I didn't want to pee in the chair! OMG! That would have been terrible! So I stumbled to the bathroom and couldn't coordinate my hands enough to get my pants down. And I just had to start peeling layers off and I slung them all around the bathroom, just to get down to panties to pee! It was so weird, like I was trying to do stuff with mittens on or boxing gloves or something! That's why I think I was maybe in the 40s? Did not know of the convulsion thing.

My mom had hypo. And when she bottomed out we knew to get OJ and Peanut Butter and follow the juice with the peanut butter. So once we had the bg reading, I stumbled into the kitchen and got out the pineapple juice and applesauce and drank the juice quickly and then the applesauce, then I followed with an ounce of cheddar and 1/2oz of almonds. Shoulda done the peanut butter but mine has sugar in it too...:(

So I got some almond butter and will do that in future and also have a can of OJ beside me with my meter.

I don't think I will be eating at that restaurant again soon! :(

So sorry to hear of your scale woes! ((hugs)) It will move soon. I have great faith in you and your sticktoitiveness!!!! You rock!!!

Thanks for posting that link. Will go check it out.

Oh and I lose the best eating fish and plain grilled chicken breasts with veggies and only a tiny bit of avo/tom!!

Had a hankering for @GreenTealael green matcha smoothie with turmeric paste. Holy cow was it good. I used some of my brewed green tea and apple cinnamon tea and used some of that as the base then added in everything else. liquid salad. Who knew it could taste so satisfying? :D Here it is. I didn't add the green tea in the list of ingredients, but it's there. Use your favorite flavor. I also added ice to the desired consistency. It's big. :D

image.png.629ee15cf60004bcbd0b79a653762309.png

Edited by FluffyChix

1 minute ago, FluffyChix said:

Had a hankering for @GreenTealael green matcha smoothie with turmeric paste. Holy cow was it good. I used some of my brewed green tea and apple cinnamon tea and used some of that as the base then added in everything else. liquid salad. Who knew it could taste so satisfying? :D Here it is. I didn't add the green tea. Use your favorite flavor. I also added ice to the desired consistency. It's big. :D

image.png.629ee15cf60004bcbd0b79a653762309.png

😎😎 I support liquid salads 😎😎

4 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

😎😎 I support liquid salads 😎😎

Yeah, it's so weird, just didn't feel like anything heavy or anything I had to chew. ROFLMAO! It's not often you'll hear me say that. I'm more likely to say, bring me the head of your prime bull. LOL. ;)