Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September bypass buddies??

Confession: I don’t really eat much post op. Everything tastes too sweet to me including my yogurt. If it’s not too sweet then my tongue just doesn’t like it. I’m beyond ready for purée food. I’m going crazy 😭😭😭😭😭

Have you tried strained cream Soups or broths? You need something savory and tasty to fight off the cloying sweets! Good luck, REMEMBER this stage isn't forever. Although after 3+ weeks I Will Not Swear that it ends, Precious Pouch is certain some pureed are EVIL, how do you reason with something without ears. But keep fighting the Good Fight, we all make it through 👣to the sunlight!⛅☀⛅

Strained cream of potato made me dump terribly, strained cream of chicken and mushroom tasted good at first and then 🤢. I’ve had the best luck with egg drop Soup (the egg pieces are tiny). I can not hit my Protein when everything makes me want to gag smh. Thank you, I’m trying to stay strong but the idea of watery refried Beans sounds amazing right now 😭. Luckily for me I have to take my morning bunch of pills so no food yet

Yeah I am going to try some refried Beans myself today. Precious doesn't like much on the Stage two list, isn't that I'm eating too fast, I follow rules very good, I had good luck with strain chicken Won Ton and egg croup sounds good too. Think I'll try broths off light Soups as long as they are low cal- low carb. Been tempted by butternut Soup, always liked squash, yams, sweet potatoes even carrots, maybe try more veggie things for a while. They had samples of Campbell's Yes light carrot based soup, took a baby cup,our size, went down smooth and stayed there. My diet sheet says smooth pureed thinned bean soup, refried beans or even mild chili okay. Don't know about chili's inate spiciness but the others yeah maybe. Lost close to 20 pounds this first 3 weeks, yeah Yippee Skippee, except with all the urping, burping , upchucking, the FUN Quotient has not checked in YET!😪And #2 sluggish to leave me, double Miralax daily, and MoM to get boost if 3rd day comes. Not hard, just infrquent💩

I have to record every drop of liquid I consume and bring my log sheets with me to see my surgeon on the 9th of October.

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

Is stage two full liquids for you? So you’re currently on purées right? I hear Wendy’s chili is good on our pouches , just don’t add the spice packets. It’s very mild chili without the spice packets. I just wasn’t sure if the chili counted as a purée or soft food.

I was constipated for around a week and I ended up mixing up a mini bowel prep in a bottle of Gatorade. Diarrhea within one hour 😂. I lost 20 after a week and I’m sure that is because I don’t eat much of anything and I burn off more calories than I eat smh.

On 09/29/2018 at 09:45, RnYBeyhive said:

Is stage two full liquids for you? So you’re currently on purées right? I hear Wendy’s chili is good on our pouches , just don’t add the spice packets. It’s very mild chili without the spice packets. I just wasn’t sure if the chili counted as a purée or soft food.

I was constipated for around a week and I ended up mixing up a mini bowel prep in a bottle of Gatorade. Diarrhea within one hour 😂. I lost 20 after a week and I’m sure that is because I don’t eat much of anything and I burn off more calories than I eat smh.
Full liquids is stage 2 and it starts on SundayI am so excited for that. Purée is stage 3 for me.

Proud of you, my little buddy, yeah I may hit Wendy's, good taste, the chili "like home" yeah II luquids, just slight edging into purees. here are the hallmarks from my after-surgery booklet. Think OSU is doing its best to deplete the tree-cover but turning every one into paper!
600-800 calories
sugar free
Liquids & baby/pureed foods
No raw fruit except 🍌 no raw veggies Starts in hospital, continues 2-4 weeks, further only with surgeon's permission.
" If you have to chew, ,**** it is NOT Stage 2!"

I've been having lots of pumpkin Soup with sweet potato, potato and carrot...pureed after cooking. Has been lovely. Can also add Protein Powder too. Have yoghurt with pureed apple/pear/peach. All very well tolerated. Can also add Protein powder to that. Have pureed mince with vegies like spaghetti Bolognese with extra Water to smooth it out. All been lovely. My pureed is stage 2. Next stage is 3/ soft foods...hopefully cleared for that on Wednesday.

Sent from my SM-G950F using BariatricPal mobile app

I am so excited for tomorrow that I am planning my first meal which will be 2 oz vanilla Greek yogurt, 6 oz chocolate Protein Shake, and 8 oz coffee with a splash of whichever Protein shake I choose to use as my Creamer.< /p>

On 09/29/2018 at 21:53, MissPoodle said:

I've been having lots of pumpkin Soup with sweet potato, potato and carrot...pureed after cooking. Has been lovely. Can also add Protein Powder too. Have yoghurt with pureed apple/pear/peach. All very well tolerated. Can also add Protein powder to that. Have pureed mince with vegies like spaghetti Bolognese with extra Water to smooth it out. All been lovely. My pureed is stage 2. Next stage is 3/ soft foods...hopefully cleared for that on Wednesday.

@MissPoodle, I live for pumpkin season, can I have your pumpkin Soup recipe?

14 minutes ago, iattcom said:

I make pumpkin Soup for my partner with the pumpkins I grow. Recipe below:

1 Kent pumpkin (it's a green skinned one) peeled and cubed - use whatever you can get

1 sweet potato peeled and cubed

1 onion diced

Water to cover & 1-2 OXO chicken cubes

Simmer everything over low heat until very well done and mushy. Let cool to room temperature and then puree with a stick blender until it's smooth. Add about 2 cups of skim milk, a dash of ginger and a small dash of cayenne. Puree again with the blender and reheat before eating. It freezes really well, too.

Just as above. Put whatever combination of vegies you want on to boil. Add stock (cubes or powder) and an onion if you wish. Boil till vegies cooked. Can also include a sliced peeled and cored apple for sweetness. Some pepper if desired. Puree. Then taste and adjust seasoning.

Mine was Sept 24th

Congratulations. How are you getting along with everything? You are still on that 1st week afterward, that is either a good or rough time. Either way we are here for you!😛