Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September bypass buddies??

Almost all of my scabs have come off and left behind nice clear closed spots

13 minutes ago, gbjourney6 said:

Hello everyone,

I had my bypass on Sept 24th and I had a doctor follow up this week and he stated I can start eggs. So this next morning, Wednesday I had 1 scrambled egg and I couldn't finish because I started having this feeling like it was stuck in my chest, not tightening of my chest but stuck. I walked around for a few mins then drank some Water after 30 mins same feeling with Water. It been happening with everything except for popsicles. So I have not been consuming too much because of the feeling. Anyone experiencing this?

I'm right there with you on this to this day. eggs and even the Ricotta cheese stuck in my throat. Even felt like someone had stabbed me in the chest. Just had to wait it out and slip small amount of water. Everything is still swollen and it needs more time to move to the next step. Cottage cheese is working for me the small curds.

1 hour ago, H2neal said:

Here is a pic of three of my incisions

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

Try some Benadryl

On 8/17/2018 at 10:08 PM, Brttnyj89 said:

Sept 24th here! I start my pre op diet on Aug 27th.

I had mine on the 24th as well. How are you doing?

2 hours ago, FaithandHope said:

Ok so I just found this thread and I am going to jump on this I Am a Sept 24th bypass buddy. I would love to have someone to talk to who knows what I am going through. I had my surgery at St Josephs hospital in Syracuse NY. My surgeon was Dr Graber.

1 hour ago, FaithandHope said:

While I do know itching is a sign of healing for an incision the rash is concerning. Hopefully you will find out why or what is causing the rash today.

24 minutes ago, gbjourney6 said:

Hello everyone,

I had my bypass on Sept 24th and I had a doctor follow up this week and he stated I can start eggs. So this next morning, Wednesday I had 1 scrambled egg and I couldn't finish because I started having this feeling like it was stuck in my chest, not tightening of my chest but stuck. I walked around for a few mins then drank some Water after 30 mins same feeling with Water. It been happening with everything except for popsicles. So I have not been consuming too much because of the feeling. Anyone experiencing this?

I also had my surgery on the 24th. I’m not allowed anything but full liquids until at least

Oct 10th. How are you feeling?

The first real food I have eaten was some sugar free pudding. I can drink my shakes so I can get my Protein in that way, I just don’t feel like I am ready to try regular food.

1 minute ago, iattcom said:

The first real food I have eaten was some sugar free pudding. I can drink my shakes so I can get my Protein in that way, I just don’t feel like I am ready to try regular food.

Same here I am fine with drinking shakes for now. Have lots of time for food in the future. Lol

I'm not allowed eggs yet at all. What has been added to my list is Greek yogurt without chunks of fruit, low fat cottage cheese watery oatmeal and mashed potatoes. All of these go down just fine no problems. Of course I can only have 2 teaspoons of them for now.

I tried scrambled eggs yesterday and felt so nauseous. Other foods feel like they are in the back of my throat sometimes after i finish. I also had a couple of bouts of reflux. I feel tightness in my chest still. I'm hoping it all just keeps improving

Sent from my SM-G950F using BariatricPal mobile app

OmG @ gbjourney6 Precious Pouch acted like that too, I'm 4 weeks today and not much better.

I'm right there with you on this to this day. eggs and even the Ricotta cheese stuck in my throat. Even felt like someone had stabbed me in the chest. Just had to wait it out and slip small amount of Water. Everything is still swollen and it needs more time to move to the next step. Cottage cheese is working for me the small curds.
Cottage cheese...mashed...is working for me too but i have to take it real slow

Sent from my SM-G950F using BariatricPal mobile app