Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September bypass buddies??

47 minutes ago, MMME said:

Good luckfor tomorrow. I'm booked for tomorrow as well. I'm nervous but I have a great surgeon and my partner is very supportive.

Awesome! A surgery date twin. Best of luck to you! I have an awesome surgeon team as well but for some reason...... I still have these nerves. See you on the losers bench! Nervous but ready.

The losers bench can be a strange piece of furniture, but it was constucted of our hopes, wishes and dreams. Not Victorian, Chippendale, not even Danish Modern, but most feel it fits them very well. So kbridge and MMME come on down, we are saving a space for 2 here!💑

On 09/25/2018 at 06:48, Kbridge said:

Awesome! A surgery date twin. Best of luck to you! I have an awesome surgeon team as well but for some reason...... I still have these nerves. See you on the losers bench! Nervous but ready.

I’m tomorrow too! The nerves are here in full force. I’m excited but also terrified. I’m usually ok going into surgeries but I can’t stop the what-ifs rolling in my mind today. I am a 7am surgery with a 5 am check in time. My daughter is not thrilled by this.

I’m tomorrow too! The nerves are here in full force. I’m excited but also terrified. I’m usually ok going into surgeries but I can’t stop the what-ifs rolling in my mind today. I am a 7am surgery with a 5 am check in time. My daughter is not thrilled by this.
Why we're surgery twinkies for real! Same times for me. I've got to be in Plano by 5am. Do you know what time I have to leave my house to get there!?!?!?! Smh, I suggested we spend the night in the parking lot. Lol....my husband didn't think it was a good idea, but I thought it was genius![emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 09/25/2018 at 08:23, Kbridge said:

Why we're surgery twinkies for real! Same times for me. I've got to be in Plano by 5am. Do you know what time I have to leave my house to get there!?!?!?! Smh, I suggested we spend the night in the parking lot. Lol....my husband didn't think it was a good idea, but I thought it was genius![emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I wish I was in Plano. Since I’m cash pay I have to go to Lancaster since it’s the cheapest out of pocket hospital. So we will be in car at 3:45. Eeek! Where are you coming in from?

We’ve got this, just got to get past these nerves!

My check in is for 6am and surgery is for 7:30. I am doing my pre-op as I type.

Me too, I also had a 5AM check-in , I live 50 miles from my surgery hospital, left,Mount Vernon at 3:30, even with road constructs made it just right, checked in, first surgery of day, surgeon checked in with me, brought oodles of anesthesia and other specialities that were going to be present. See I am an over-age (72) specially wonderful type person, got treated like I was fine China. Had minor blip, my place requires 2 car no loading drinks in the time immediately prior, one at us night before, the other 2 hours before checkin, too much talking, not sipping en route so my blood sugar was marginally elevated too high, lowered in 15 minutes, and we were off to the races. First OR cart I ever ride no wobbles , no veering into walls, I once was State Tested Nursing Assistant, know how they are to drive. Dayum, I think, they got some cool equipment HERE! Okay a little loopy thinking but I felt GOoD! We get there, room warm, I have been in ORs you would swear were in a Siberian Swamp. Nice place, a little bright but didn't hurt the eyes. My su4geon was at that point 10 feet away but waved vigorously. Now that might sound. a little babyish, but gave me peace I wasn't being sacrificed on the altar of science to strangers, First OR table that fit, previously always felt I was going to overshoot and land on the cold cold floor. None of this yanking Arms out to each side and just waiting for crucifixion nails. And there was my head anaesthesia guy Dave, he just asked" are you comfortable, and called me by my fist name. I remember saying Yes Thank You Dave and the next thing I remember I was in my patient room waking up. It was 10:30. maybe a quarter to 11, missed recovery room entirely in my mind. And I was not fat, blown up with CO2 gas, my tummy was as flat as always, okay haven't been totally flat for years, but you catch my drift. IV in place, an O2 prong in my nose, but I felt fine, like waking up at home. So I am a curious soul, I snaked my un IVed hand under, no ABDs, 1,2, 3, 4, 5 little steristrip dressings, actually I had 6, one in the navel I didn't know about, no dizzy feeling, pretty scene out window and LUFE WAS GOOD, no urinary cath, Yippee Do Dah, Dr Needleman had not left me worse for wear. Would I do it again? Yep I would. although no one needs 2 dietary pouches. But definitely right thing, pkace, time and surgeon for me, Man knows his craft perfect! Lost 15 pounds on liver-shrinking diet, 18 pounds since surgery, and I am 3 weeks post Wednesday. And a totally of 55 pounds down since my highest weight, oh there is still twice of me than there should be, but a year or 18 months, I will be a lean keen Frustr8 and world prepare to have the Casbah rocked!

42 minutes ago, planochick said:

I wish I was in Plano. Since I’m cash pay I have to go to Lancaster since it’s the cheapest out of pocket hospital. So we will be in car at 3:45. Eeek! Where are you coming in from?

42 minutes ago, planochick said:

Near downtown! We will leave at about 4a to ensure we get there with a few minutes to spare. I'm so tickled to have connected with someone that has the same date and time! What's on your menu today? I think I'm going to start with a nectar Apple Ecstasy....23 grams Protein. Clear liquid diet day!!! YAY!!!!!

1 hour ago, Frustr8 said:

The losers bench can be a strange piece of furniture, but it was constucted of our hopes, wishes and dreams. Not Victorian, Chippendale, not even Danish Modern, but most feel it fits them very well. So kbridge and MMME come on down, we are saving a space for 2 here!💑

Why thank you for saving space Frustr8! I'll be joining you in 21 hours, 36 min and 15, 14, 13.....

1 hour ago, iattcom said:

My check in is for 6am and surgery is for 7:30. I am doing my pre-op as I type.

Way to go iattcom! Congratulations we are almost there! I'm going to do my very best to check in on alllll my surgery buddies tomorrow after surgery!

And a Special Hug across the miles to both, no All 3 of you!

30 minutes ago, Yvonne47 said:

Hi I have a question why are u getting a revision I see a lot people get them and I was just curious of why what's not working that you need a revision

Well hello Yvonne47. So my journey started out with a Lap-band in 2006. Started having complications so sought out a 2nd opinion as my original surgeon didn't find anything wrong. After my EGD, it was determined that my band was corroding and causing the discomfort. I did a revision from the band to the sleeve in July of last year (2017). The reason for this last revision is excessive GERD/reflux. My surgeon has me on a couple of medications to treat it but suggest that the only way to truly get rid of it is by bypassing it. Thus.....I'M BACK!

I love my sleeve but the acid reflux is overwhelming... Initially I thought I was having a heart attack or something because the pain was that excruciating (and I have a pretty high tolerance).

Ohhhh ok now I get it. I have acid reflux but my Dr says it doesn't look bad so he suggests me starting with the sleeve because my Iron is low and if I were to get the bypass I may have to go in once a week to get an iv infused with iron I said yea no way so he said start with the sleeve take my meds and see if its okay at least I still have an option opposed to going straight for the bypass there is no option left.