Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September bypass buddies??

Today I drove myself to a 3 hour class and was actually there for 4 hours. Came home and sat in the car for another hour. Just did not feel like getting out yet, and when I did I felt the straightest feeling like I was going to have a bought of diarrhea, which would be really strange as I still have not had anything to really eat since September 12th. I attempted full liquids on Sunday morning of a cup of Decaf coffee 6 oz of Protein Shake and 2 oz of thinned Greek yogurt. After which I was I in pain most of the day and all night long I am going back to Clear Liquids for a while. I have clean Liquid Protein drink that I may try to introduce some Protein into my diet with. I am back to my pre-surgery weight at this time now.

On 9/28/2018 at 10:39 AM, Lizaboo said:

4 days post-op. I drove myself to get a haircut and now I'm sitting at Wal-Mart waiting on new tires- going home and resting after this. Definately a little sore, but today I've only had one tylenol.

After surgery, I was really sleepy, but did get up and walk as instructed. Burping, but no gas, which the doctor said was a fine start. I was on morphine push button, and amazed how good I felt. After drinking some Water, then Fairlife milk (allergic to lactose) and broth, they announced me good to go and I left the next day about 5 after drain removal. Unfortunately, the dingy resident taped my drain cover to my glue incisions, and it peeled off the glue from two incisions when changing. So now I look like a marshmallow puff of gauze coverings. RME

The 70 minute drive home killed the happy no pain illusion from morphine, and the first night home and next day sucked. I alternated my hydromorphone and tylenol and used my ondansetron for nausea. My doctors don't believe in protein- they just want you to drink endless milk and double milk and your Water. That's a bit hard when lactose intolerant. They also said use pudding (not popsicles or Jello (since they have no nutrition value). Ummm..pudding has been too thick, and quite honestly, food at all (or drink) is incredibly unappealing. So I've had some Jello with a little Protein Powder, the bari-wise Protein beef broth Soup and forced down some GNC lean shake lactose-free shakes with my water.

As I said, not feeling great today, but much better, up and moving, getting things done. I also ordered a binder to help from Amazon. That should be here later today. Hoping that will help during sleeping?

You're like a super hero or something. At Walmart, getting tires changed....wth? I needed a dose of your drugs! Lol. Congrats to you love.

Edited by Kbridge

My incision spots are itching! Oh my goodness... I'm scratching all around the incisions but lord have mercy they itch!!!

On 10/01/2018 at 17:32, Kbridge said:

My incision spots are itching! Oh my goodness... I'm scratching all around the incisions but lord have mercy they itch!!!

Wondering where you’ve been. Glad to know I’m not the only slow recovering one. Reading some of these people all over and feel bad feeling bad. I’m moving and doing stuff but I definitely hurt on my lower left side!

Today was my first outing and only because I had to, I am staying in tomorrow and will be going out Wednesday because I have to as well.

54 minutes ago, planochick said:
1 hour ago, Kbridge said:

Wondering where you’ve been. Glad to know I’m not the only slow recovering one. Reading some of these people all over and feel bad feeling bad. I’m moving and doing stuff but I definitely hurt on my lower left side!

I'm here @planochick. Today is by far my worst. Pain, nausea just icky feeling! I'm praying that this passes soon. Ugh

On 10/01/2018 at 20:00, Kbridge said:

I'm here @planochick. Today is by far my worst. Pain, nausea just icky feeling! I'm praying that this passes soon. Ugh

Oh Karen I hope it passes too. Today is my worst pain in my lower side. Other than that I feel ok. But it seriously feels like there is a knife in my left side. Praying for you!

I have one incision that is coming unglued so I put a bandage on it and I still have gas pains in the middle of my back and sometimes in my left shoulder. I still can not sleep on my left side, and I am afraid to try. I sleep on my right side and my back.

I’m a terrible back sleeper so I found that if I shove a pillow under my belly and one behind my back I’m kinda on my side and that helped. Have you tried gas strips? When I had my band years ago those were my best friends. I’ve been lucky this time and no gas. Watch that incision carefully, I know you know this! But opening incisions are scary.

I too have been itching too death. I have circled four of my five incisions like a race trac. All my incisions look good. Still glued but one had a small pin size drainage today. I am hurting in my left side like I have ran and got a “stitch” in my side. If I stretch my arms above my head it seems to help a little.

i am sure that is why I put a bandage on it. The glue has started to come up and I noticed it after my first shower so I have been watching it closely.

Sunday I was supposed to be able to go to full liquids and after the pain I felt from that, I did clean liquid today and did not have any problem. Now I am not sure when I should start full liquids.

15 hours ago, planochick said:
16 hours ago, Kbridge said:

Anyone having trouble sleeping? I have been cat napping 15-20 minutes at a time and its wearing me out!:(