Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

11 hours ago, Sophie7713 said:

ms.sss, how does it get so golden brown on bottom? Usually all the juices settle at the bottom with my meatloaf. Do you bake it, then flip and put it in the broiler? What cut of ground meat works best?

Part of the beauty of wrapping the ground meat in bacon is that it keeps it all together nice and tight, so I don't need a loaf pan:

The loaf pan you see in the pic was just for forming...I laid out the bacon in the loaf pan, brushed it all with the glaze, packed the meat mixture in, then pulled up the ends of the bacon around it. Then I flipped the whole thing out of the loaf pan and put the wrapped meatloaf directly on a foil wrapped rack (with holes poked in the foil) set in a roasting pan.

At the end of baking, I took the foil of the rack, flipped the meatloaf over and broiled it for a couple minutes just to crisp up the bacon ends at the bottom. You could skip this step, though, if you don't mind a little bit of floppy bacon...the rest of the bacon on the top and sides are plenty crisp.

I used 1/2 chuck (for moisture/fat) and 1/2 sirloin (for flavour). If you have a meat grinder, I highly recommend grinding your own meat vs buying pre-ground at the grocery. Just tastes better. And actually turns out to be more economical. AND you know exactly what is in it...I watched a documentary once about how some meat is ground and was not impressed, lol.

P.S. Forgot a step: since this was cheese stuffed, I put half the meat mixture forming a little "well", layered in some shredded cheddar cheese, the put the rest of the meat mixture on top of that.

Edited by ms.sss

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

Part of the beauty of wrapping the ground meat in bacon is that it keeps it all together nice and tight, so I don't need a loaf pan:

The loaf pan you see in the pic was just for forming...I laid out the bacon in the loaf pan, brushed it all with the glaze, packed the meat mixture in, then pulled up the ends of the bacon around it. Then I flipped the whole thing out of the loaf pan and put the wrapped meatloaf directly on a foil wrapped rack (with holes poked in the foil) set in a roasting pan.

At the end of baking, I took the foil of the rack, flipped the meatloaf over and broiled it for a couple minutes just to crisp up the bacon ends at the bottom. You could skip this step, though, if you don't mind a little bit of floppy bacon...the rest of the bacon on the top and sides are plenty crisp.

I used 1/2 chuck (for moisture/fat) and 1/2 sirloin (for flavour). If you have a meat grinder, I highly recommend grinding your own meat vs buying pre-ground at the grocery. Just tastes better. And actually turns out to be more economical. AND you know exactly what is in it...I watched a documentary once about how some meat is ground and was not impressed, lol.

P.S. Forgot a step: since this was cheese stuffed, I put half the meat mixture forming a little "well", layered in some shredded cheddar cheese, the put the rest of the meat mixture on top of that.

This is crazy (good) elaborate! Can't wait to see what's next

1608870265_source(1).gif.4de8982d3887f1707ffd841208290990.gif

Made apple crumble cake again. Added a plum to it that had to go. I also used a bit of another Protein Powder.

cake.thumb.jpg.d0f09cbfae84d3df084db2c999c2baf1.jpg

Same ingredients as Protein oatmeal (oats or spelt, protein powder, almond butter, apples, spices, a bit of Water, maybe some raisins). Feels more satisfying and decadent though.

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

This is crazy (good) elaborate! Can't wait to see what's next

1608870265_source(1).gif.4de8982d3887f1707ffd841208290990.gif

Lololololzzz I probably made it sound more difficult than it really was. Should have said: lay bacon, spread meat, wrap, flip, cook and flip again.

Leftover gnocchi (the pack yields more portion than I estimated) over zucchini, mushrooms, red onion, vegan ground beef and Tomato sauce. Self-made cashewsan (still tastes good after several days in the fridge).

gnocchi.thumb.jpg.7c74db9681d4c9cd920219705744bbc6.jpg

Thought this purple cauliflower made such a nice colorful salad with roasted almonds, dates, kale, parmesan and a sprinkle of lemon + olive oil. Ate it for lunch and dinner. Added a shrimp cocktail for the dinner meal.

IMG_6683.jpeg

I think as we all prepare for the possibility of second round lockdowns/quarantining this may happen 😂

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHOUQSTpxUT/?igshid=1bo3an7sx23fv

Rest of the gnocchi, green cauliflower, red onion and tempeh fried with a spicy sweet soy sauce. The zucchini had unfortunately a slightly bitter aftertaste when I took the test bite. Threw it out.

tempeh.thumb.jpg.682a2529f39208dfc3edb5c8137b0360.jpg

2 years out and I can still forget to eat sometimes! It’s almost 4pm, and while I dont really feel hungry, I put this salad together to get something in my tummy so I am not ravenous when I finally do feel hungry and overeat/eat too fast.

chicken, shredded cabbage, carrots, cucumbers and vinaigrette: 158 calories.

Didn’t enjoy this salad as much as I normally do cuz it just felt like work to eat it. Will try again with the leftovers later.

9B05C547-A438-4FE2-9259-82E591A2AFA4.thumb.jpeg.3c4058be2dca70f1833b058c386dd293.jpeg

7F962097-0CCE-49CA-BC96-D8ED32500B6D.thumb.jpeg.34c893ce7846f315c6cf887d61f6b7a2.jpeg

On 11/19/2020 at 4:04 PM, ms.sss said:

2 years out and I can still forget to eat sometimes! It’s almost 4pm, and while I dont really feel hungry, I put this salad together to get something in my tummy so I am not ravenous when I finally do feel hungry and overeat/eat too fast.

chicken, shredded cabbage, carrots, cucumbers and vinaigrette: 158 calories.

Didn’t enjoy this salad as much as I normally do cuz it just felt like work to eat it. Will try again with the leftovers later.

9B05C547-A438-4FE2-9259-82E591A2AFA4.thumb.jpeg.3c4058be2dca70f1833b058c386dd293.jpeg

7F962097-0CCE-49CA-BC96-D8ED32500B6D.thumb.jpeg.34c893ce7846f315c6cf887d61f6b7a2.jpeg

I have those days, too, when I am not very hungry AND occasionally where I feel like a bottomless pit! Haha. I think that's just the ebb and flow for most people whether WLS or regular folks. I enjoy cottage cheese and fruit, egg salad lettuce wrap or banana wheels with fresh ground peanut or almond butter on those type days. Maybe the dense chicken and veggie roughage were just too heavy leaving you an exhausted tummy. Good you ate though. ;]

IMG_2206.jpeg

Had leftover roast beef and made pepper steak today for quickie meals over our work weekend... A few project submittal deadlines before Thanksgiving! I did manage to get the Christmas tree and a few festive decorations up earlier this week. Fun!

IMG_6183.jpeg

IMG_6719.jpeg