Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

On 11/21/2020 at 9:31 AM, Sophie7713 said:

Had leftover roast beef and made pepper steak today for quickie meals over our work weekend... A few project submittal deadlines before Thanksgiving! I did manage to get the Christmas tree and a few festive decorations up earlier this week. Fun!

IMG_6183.jpeg

That looks great! I bet it tastes great too

15 hours ago, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

I’m a week out from an emergency internal hernia repair (who knew that was a complication of LGBP because I didn’t!). Anywho eating has been ROUGH the last week. Most days I only average 400-500 calories and that’s with a Protein Shake. Found a healthy choice steamer bowl in the freezer my sister left (woohoo!) Normally 190 calories, 28g of Protein, 5g of fat, and 8g of carbohydrates for the whole thing. Ate about half? My kid snatched the rest while asking if I was full after a half hour. Yes, kid, go ahead I’m totally done with it.

54AFAE56-A793-4B56-8B21-6BAE8615A2F9.jpeg 3E54A3E0-0686-4C52-BC91-3B2DAC8FC20D.jpeg

For a pre-packaged meal, that looks pretty darn good! Although I see someone carefully ate around her vegetables and created a pretty pile...LOL

(I would have done the opposite 😂)

Edited by ms.sss

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

For a pre-packaged meal, that looks pretty darn good! Although I see someone carefully ate around her vegetables and created a pretty pile...LOL

(I would have done the opposite 😂)

To be fair, I did eat about 7 or 8 small bits of broccoli but it was kind of on the mushy side and Protein first for me since surgery has been helpful. I think next time I’ll cook it less though so it might not be as mushy. I had much more veggies today though.

Where I live we have this Chipotle-esque place that I enjoy. I’m actually surprised by how much I was able to eat!

Lil’ Burrito bowl (kid’s size)- pinto Beans, double steak, Monterey Jack cheese, onions, corn salsa, pico salsa, fajita vegetables, banana peppers, sweet habanero sauce and queso. Also ate 4 tortilla chips with it.

A1D6275D-8F4D-42DC-83D0-49884DE89B57.jpeg

387662DE-9D44-4594-BEF3-B37D5F51B621.jpeg

Trader Joe’s black bean and corn enchiladas (1/2 package), with an egg and a bit of cheddar on top. About 250 kcals. I am stuffed, but it was soooo good! 😋

211F115C-361A-4899-A039-013777BB113C.jpeg

4D5C5D05-816C-41C5-8275-120338AF193B.jpeg

4 hours ago, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

To be fair, I did eat about 7 or 8 small bits of broccoli but it was kind of on the mushy side and Protein first for me since surgery has been helpful. I think next time I’ll cook it less though so it might not be as mushy. I had much more veggies today though.

I hear ya. I also find that frozen vegetables often turn out mushy. Sometimes i’ll pre roast them to try to get all the Water out....doesn’t always work though 😢

I obviously have waaaay too much time on my hands.

Japanese curry with rice and Pork Katsu.

It took me FOR-EVAH to cut the little seaweed accents so I’m posting to prove I did the work, dammit...lololololzzz.

They didn’t turn out nearly as cute as the pics I was trying to copy, but a good enough effort, right?!?!

I didn’t actually have any, save for a couple bites of the pork to check for doneness, and a couple tsps of the curry to test for taste. I’m guessing I ate probably about 75 calories worth.

CB2A8F22-2E8F-4845-9FCC-2CE565104B5A.thumb.jpeg.4d6b68616b0a656aaf349fbeaa63e3d1.jpeg

78F4BC24-8DCD-42BB-8AB6-CC4B94F46DBE.thumb.jpeg.30b4a242c347d2829a5559c618d2322a.jpeg

1A346ED2-5620-40A0-96D6-7249287B2E4A.thumb.jpeg.2ef0cc26c48e4e88355c0ec0696fbcbc.jpeg

0E8001CB-12A5-4307-AAB2-87C830A41D51.thumb.jpeg.c4d66c2ea40f2959036609431cc52aef.jpeg

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

I obviously have waaaay too much time on my hands.

Japanese curry with rice and Pork Katsu.

It took me FOR-EVAH to cut the little seaweed accents so I’m posting to prove I did the work, dammit...lololololzzz.

They didn’t turn out nearly as cute as the pics I was trying to copy, but a good enough effort, right?!?!

I didn’t actually have any, save for a couple bites of the pork to check for doneness, and a couple tsps of the curry to test for taste. I’m guessing I ate probably about 75 calories worth.

CB2A8F22-2E8F-4845-9FCC-2CE565104B5A.thumb.jpeg.4d6b68616b0a656aaf349fbeaa63e3d1.jpeg

78F4BC24-8DCD-42BB-8AB6-CC4B94F46DBE.thumb.jpeg.30b4a242c347d2829a5559c618d2322a.jpeg

1A346ED2-5620-40A0-96D6-7249287B2E4A.thumb.jpeg.2ef0cc26c48e4e88355c0ec0696fbcbc.jpeg

0E8001CB-12A5-4307-AAB2-87C830A41D51.thumb.jpeg.c4d66c2ea40f2959036609431cc52aef.jpeg

I think I want to be you when I grow up! This is fantastic!💕

5 hours ago, ms.sss said:

You can buy seaweed face punches on Amazon for around $8-$10. I used to use one when my kids were younger for their bento boxes. They also sell fun veggie cutters for hearts and flowers!

8 hours ago, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

You can buy seaweed face punches on Amazon for around $8-$10. I used to use one when my kids were younger for their bento boxes. They also sell fun veggie cutters for hearts and flowers!

OMG, did a search on Amazon and there are TONNES! Didn't even know these things existed, LOL. Now I'm gonna pick up a set and put faces on ALL our food. 😂

Edited to add: the Kid just suggested I use a paper hole puncher in the meantime. Why didn't I think of this?! Would have saved me whole a lot of time and effort (and swearing, and shaking of fists to the skies)

Edited by ms.sss

It’s crazy how much one can miss from this thread in just a few days! I honestly feel like I’ve been gone forever lol.

These past few days, and even weeks have been something else. The positive is that I purchased my first home 🏡 and the negative is that Ive been eating crap almost everyday. Due to the move I’ve been buying out and just finding things I can eat on the go. I haven’t been able to cook in some time now and I really miss my own food 😢 I’ve had Pasta which I haven’t had since wls, as well as regular crust pizza, white rice, fast food sandwiches (minus the bread since I’ve always hated bread) and just really quick and heavy carb and fat foods.

We just finished moving in yesterday and now the unpacking begins. I managed to find a pot so this morning I went out and bought myself an avocado and made my avo toast with a boiled egg. I’m trying not to beat myself up about this but it’s been tough. I keep thinking I permanently ruined my eating habits. Im hoping things will go back to normal once I unpack.

Here are some random pics of food I managed to make in between the moving with whatever I had in the fridge as well as some take out pics. Oh ... and today’s avo toast 😎

I hope this transparency helps!

847DAB6B-3CFA-4398-8C32-FE3C5AB348D9.jpeg

1B708D8B-95BE-4121-BFC9-E7555A58B7FE.jpeg

74AD5E15-0EB9-4BF3-857C-4CA63B5E40EB.jpeg

0FAF524B-0310-4EB0-BCD3-71379FD608FB.jpeg

26F7B9BD-290E-4D6D-8642-6955D57F8ACB.jpeg

0D12E846-6818-4720-ACF1-0B20FC1914BC.jpeg

7EBCDEF2-DB19-4595-ACF7-2C3A426E355D.jpeg

3 hours ago, ms.sss said:

OMG, did a search on Amazon and there are TONNES! Didn't even know these things existed, LOL. Now I'm gonna pick up a set and put faces on ALL our food. 😂

Edited to add: the Kid just suggested I use a paper hole puncher in the meantime. Why didn't I think of this?! Would have saved me whole a lot of time and effort (and swearing, and shaking of fists to the skies)

They also have egg molds as well. The heart and house were my favorite. You put a peeled boiled egg in overnight and it comes out with the shape on it.

The one with the food picks (eyes and animals) was from my lunch for work back in April. The other 2 were from my kids’ bentos a long time ago.

Edit- I also find that the kid’s size lunch containers are ideal for me packing meals for work and I enjoy the color.

5A4E5530-A8B2-4087-A1C4-6F3243978419.jpeg

02FE2BF8-5837-4A41-A0B8-C29ED37317A6.jpeg

1EBCEFBD-3DAB-4752-B125-C381B0F15FC8.jpeg

Edited by Starwarsandcupcakes

12 hours ago, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

18 minutes ago, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

They also have egg molds as well. The heart and house were my favorite. You put a peeled boiled egg in overnight and it comes out with the shape on it.

The one with the food picks (eyes and animals) was from my lunch for work back in April. The other 2 were from my kids’ bentos a long time ago.

Edit- I also find that the kid’s size lunch containers are ideal for me packing meals for work and I enjoy the color.

5A4E5530-A8B2-4087-A1C4-6F3243978419.jpeg

02FE2BF8-5837-4A41-A0B8-C29ED37317A6.jpeg

1EBCEFBD-3DAB-4752-B125-C381B0F15FC8.jpeg

So. . .

I was the "Dad" from this video (with sunflower butter & jelly sandwiches instead of lunch ables) 🤣😂💩😜

@GreenTealael....same.

I find I didn't have as much "time" when the Kid was in grade school so her lunches were of the lazy kind. If I had made lunches like @Starwarsandcupcakes, she probably wouldn't have come home STARVING back in the day...