Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

10 hours ago, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

Day 3- I was really missing veggies by lunch time. Breakfast- oatmeal with brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and whole milk yogurt. Lunch- tuna, cucumber, Tomato, and whole milk yogurt mixed with garlic powder and dill. Snack- roasted chick peas. Dinner- a zucchini bake with chicken thigh, homemade Tomato sauce (Roma tomatoes, garlic, onions, and oil) with chicken thigh and mozzarella cheese. After dinner snack- a piece of roasted chicken skin

6119382D-9CCC-419D-90CE-AB0492F6A9BE.jpeg

3B6FA97C-4852-45C1-82C4-C14F0E4134C4.jpeg

C5BA7213-1CAB-4986-9B3D-A6FD03B78FC0.jpeg

72A509D6-4BBD-4DBF-B97F-6E5ACEAE8B55.jpeg

CD14C04C-9EB6-4DB3-9C7F-F527986CD957.jpeg

8FF2C2EA-DE04-42FD-9B35-09223C0C3F21.jpeg

I admire you ! You are so organized ! Can a power like that be learned? :)

47 minutes ago, LaTiaV said:

I admire you ! You are so organized ! Can a power like that be learned? :)

My biggest tips-

Make a plan and start small- Having a general idea of the meals you want to make for the week and going from there makes things easier. If planning a whole week seems impossible (for me it is) then break it down by 2-3 days or even daily.

Know yourself- I know that I personally am not a fan of leftovers but I don’t mind makeovers- roasted vegetables one night might not be appealing the next day, but Soup? Boy, howdy I’m all aboard that train! If you don’t mind eating the same thing for several meals then plan that way. If you ride the leftover-hating struggle bus then simple preparation one day might yield a more complex dish the next by reinventing those same foods.

Meal prep takes time- A lot of it can be hands off- pickling vegetables, roasting things, marinating meats, soaking Beans, etc. Just make sure you allot for that time when planning your meals. That being said, yes it’s cheaper and more convenient to buy canned beans or granola but by making/prepping it yourself you get to control the nutritional value.

You are worth the effort/time it takes to make healthy, nutritious meals for yourself. Above all- be patient and kind with yourself. Rome wasn’t built in a day. New habits/skills take time to learn and master.

1 hour ago, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

My biggest tips-

Make a plan and start small- Having a general idea of the meals you want to make for the week and going from there makes things easier. If planning a whole week seems impossible (for me it is) then break it down by 2-3 days or even daily.

Know yourself- I know that I personally am not a fan of leftovers but I don’t mind makeovers- roasted vegetables one night might not be appealing the next day, but Soup? Boy, howdy I’m all aboard that train! If you don’t mind eating the same thing for several meals then plan that way. If you ride the leftover-hating struggle bus then simple preparation one day might yield a more complex dish the next by reinventing those same foods.

Meal prep takes time- A lot of it can be hands off- pickling vegetables, roasting things, marinating meats, soaking Beans, etc. Just make sure you allot for that time when planning your meals. That being said, yes it’s cheaper and more convenient to buy canned Beans or granola but by making/prepping it yourself you get to control the nutritional value.

You are worth the effort/time it takes to make healthy, nutritious meals for yourself. Above all- be patient and kind with yourself. Rome wasn’t built in a day. New habits/skills take time to learn and master.

Very good tips, and great approach, no matter how much I say I am good at leftovers I am not.

Thank you for taking the time to share what you have learned.

On 6/5/2022 at 9:31 PM, GreenTealael said:

Cinnamon swirl and raisin spice bread! Apparently I make bread so infrequently now that I didn’t know that my bread machine was on the fritz. I had to use the oven. Not doing this again for a while.

B3B54F99-7E6F-4EBA-BDE8-BCAF47311A5F.jpeg

F9D661A4-A0DD-49F8-B934-862D232081A7.jpeg

5AC49392-57A2-432C-A3EB-4B5E58512A52.jpeg

0FC4BA35-545A-49DC-8FDE-DEF955DC06CF.jpeg

Works of art, indeed!

Southern style dinners for the ladies! Plenty of delish leftovers...

IMG_2068.jpeg

IMG_2067.jpeg

IMG_2071.jpeg

I love left overs. I eat them for a couple of days in a row. All I have to do is reheat & maybe add vegetables. I don’t have to think about what’s for dinner & sometimes lunch. I’m also a regular freezer of left overs: Soups, meats, cooked vegetables, … defrost, reheat, dinner done.

Mmmm lamb. One of my favourites @Sophie7713. Is that chicken you’re eating @GreenTealael with that yummy asparagus?

GUYS! I did a thing! I used egg white wraps in place of noodles to make lasagna! it was delicious! 8in pie pan cut into 5 piece, 361 cals, 9 carbs, 33g protein!!!

2.jpg

1.jpg

Day 4- This one includes ice cream that I didn’t buy with my purchases but it has been so hot that I ate some after dinner.

Breakfast- full fat plain yogurt, homemade granola, a smidge of honey, and pineapple chunks.
Lunch- sautéed spinach and onions with crispy baked tofu and roasted garbanzo Beans.
Snack- Curry green pea Soup with sweet potatoes, onions, garlic, and carrots.
Dinner- pineapple chicken stir fry with brown rice.
Dessert- a serving of the rule break ice cream.

CBC87F8C-CB60-4A11-A7A6-44F7BB3CB735.jpeg

81BDAE02-42F7-4702-81EF-68BEF22981FB.jpeg

805226C2-658B-49E8-8D48-3AE56AE2AB5A.jpeg

FBFA6695-1D23-40B9-B446-980DDBB06BCB.jpeg

95D775AC-E7B7-4CC8-8D2E-C20F0157037C.jpeg

8A65631B-FE3B-40A0-88D1-2D3067FB1103.jpeg

29 minutes ago, kcuster83 said:

GUYS! I did a thing! I used egg white wraps in place of noodles to make lasagna! it was delicious! 8in pie pan cut into 5 piece, 361 cals, 9 carbs, 33g protein!!!

2.jpg

1.jpg

Omg! I need details ❤️

12 hours ago, Arabesque said:

I love left overs. I eat them for a couple of days in a row. All I have to do is reheat & maybe add vegetables. I don’t have to think about what’s for dinner & sometimes lunch. I’m also a regular freezer of left overs: Soups, meats, cooked vegetables, … defrost, reheat, dinner done.

Mmmm lamb. One of my favourites @Sophie7713. Is that chicken you’re eating @GreenTealael with that yummy asparagus?

Yes it was very crispy chicken. It was cooked perfectly.

28 minutes ago, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

Day 4- This one includes ice cream that I didn’t buy with my purchases but it has been so hot that I ate some after dinner.

Breakfast- full fat plain yogurt, homemade granola, a smidge of honey, and pineapple chunks.
Lunch- sautéed spinach and onions with crispy baked tofu and roasted garbanzo Beans.
Snack- Curry green pea Soup with sweet potatoes, onions, garlic, and carrots.
Dinner- pineapple chicken stir fry with brown rice.
Dessert- a serving of the rule break ice cream.

CBC87F8C-CB60-4A11-A7A6-44F7BB3CB735.jpeg

81BDAE02-42F7-4702-81EF-68BEF22981FB.jpeg

805226C2-658B-49E8-8D48-3AE56AE2AB5A.jpeg

FBFA6695-1D23-40B9-B446-980DDBB06BCB.jpeg

95D775AC-E7B7-4CC8-8D2E-C20F0157037C.jpeg

8A65631B-FE3B-40A0-88D1-2D3067FB1103.jpeg

Can I have the Soup recipes please ❤️

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

Omg! I need details ❤️

Just use your favorite lasagna recipe and use the wrap for the noodle layer. I used the round pie pan because the wrap fit better. My recipe actually made 2 pie pans but we froze one.

3 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Can I have the Soup recipes please ❤️

Half an onion- diced, 2 cloves garlic-minced sautéed over medium heat for 3-5 minutes until translucent in 1tbsp rendered chicken fat. A tbsp curry powder, a tsp cumin, a tsp 5 spice stirred in and cooked for 1 minute until fragrant. Stir in 2 cups soaked green split peas, 2 small roasted sweet potatoes peeled and diced, 2 roasted carrots. Cook one minute. Stir in 4-6 cups veggie/chicken broth and simmer for about an hour until split peas are soft.

17 hours ago, Arabesque said:

Leftovers are the best! I live alone, so I regularly make multi-serving meals and freeze in individual portions (Souper Cubes = game changer). Soup, chili, and stew freeze wonderfully. I have a freezer full of meals that I can prepare in a couple of minutes by dumping some cauliflower rice and a meal cube in a bowl and heating in the microwave. I also keep a lot of cooked chicken in the freezer that I can throw in a salad in the morning so it's thawed by lunch.