Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GALS who started their journey over 300 lb+<br /> +

11 hours ago, raynay05 said:

Hey ladies! Started at 310 and am at 155-160 now. Had vsg July 25 2017. I was a fairly slow loser and I have plateaued for sure. The first pic was a before from may 16 to March 18. Next pic was heaviest dec 16 and after October 17. Last two were from the last few weeks.

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

image0.0.jpg

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

Fantastic!! Your skin looks amazing. It seriously seems like you've never even been overweight!

Also, are you a hairdresser? I wonder what it would be like to work around mirrors. I don't know if I could handle that. Most of the time I avoid full length/big mirrors at all costs! Lately, I've been catching my reflection in mirrors and getting a mild shock at my weight loss. I wonder if you accept the weight loss more if you have to work around mirrors?

Hi everyone! I started at 332-336lbs before preop. I lost 20+lbs before the preop diet actually gained weight with the preop diet. At the time of surgery I weighted 311 or 314. Anesthesia memory! I was sleeved on May 22. I now weigh 295.2 lbs. my lowest weight drop has been .2 lb but hey it’s still a drop. My energy level is still in the toilet. I had a revision from the band to the sleeve. I lost weight fast with the band at the beginning but having the band slowed my metabolism incredibly low. I am working with a doctor to speed it up and not let the sleeve to the same thing. Most of my co workers noticed my 20+lbs weight loss. My mom who lives in another state did not. I have also had people comment about my weight loss since the surgery. I am smaller at the top and large at the bottom and when I lose weight it always starts at the top. Good luck everyone!!!!

On 06/04/2018 at 22:42, Danna Marie said:

I’m still in the beginning stages. My insurance requires me to wait 9 months and have nutrition classes during that time. After the nine months they will submit my request and medical records to the insurance company for review and approval for the surgery. I’m working on my 7th.

month. I started this journey weighing 394lbs. I am now down to 335 lbs. Tho I have lost weight I personally can’t tell because I’m so critical of myself. I have friends who say they can tell I’ve lost weight but I really can’t tell a difference. I do fear that I’m not going to drop a good amount of weight after surgery.
Wow! You have done an amazing job! Hang in there and don’t give up!!!!!

I started out at 353 and lost 64 lbs before my surgery. Since surgery, 6 weeks ago today, I have lost 22 pounds. That is a whopping 86 pounds and some people seem to notice and others don’t. I honestly thought the weight would drop off faster since my calorie intake is so low. I guess 22 pounds is not bad in six weeks. Compared to the amount of time it took to lose the 64 pounds, it seems super good. I have come down 3 clothes sizes but when I look in the mirror, other than my thinning face, I see the same olé me. I know it took time to gain the weight but I just want it to go away, forever. It will happen, I just have to be patient.

Keep at it everyone and congratulations for moving forward with your surgeries. Cheers to the new, improved, healthier you.

On 5/28/2018 at 2:20 PM, Kat410 said:

My Highest weight was my pre-surgery weight of 335. I lost 19 lbs 10 days pre surgery and just celebrated my one year surgeriversary. I have lost 148 lbs and now wear size 10-12.

At 280 I started training with a personal trainer and am now the fittest I have been since I was a teenager.

Before surgery I had mentally prepared myself for the possibility I would be in the average range of 60 percent of excess body weight lost but as I got stronger and fitter my view changed and I realized r results were completely in my hands.

While the speed of my weight loss surprised me ;(diabetic, 50 years old and went immediately into menopause after surgery), I am thankful for the boost but still have a lot of work to do.

Keep up he hard work ladies! We can do this!

Do you mind if I ask how approximately much you pay for a personal trainer? I am looking to start with one myself soon. Thanks.

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:37 AM, SleeveinIL said:

Do you mind if I ask how approximately much you pay for a personal trainer? I am looking to start with one myself soon. Thanks.

I pay $78 for a 45 minute session. It is worth it. He's very good and I've gotten very educated on a number of things. He does not sell any other supplements/programs/etc.

We also use the time to design work out programs for when I am not seeing him - I now see him about 1x a week. At the beginning it was mostly to make sure I did what I needed to do - now I see this more as coaching/education and development in making sure I am creating the right goals and the right approaches.

On another note - I am 6 lbs away from my first target weight of 175!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16 more lbs and I will no longer be in the "overweight" bmi category. So I just want to keep shouting out and saying THIS CAN BE DONE. I never thought I would get this far when I started.

@beta98 welcome to the group!

Hey don't despair, your body is still confused and trying to realign itself. Remember about the NSVs the the non surgical victories, you might lose inches before a great big weight loss. Your feet might get less plump, your tummy might not be as tightly fat, the poundage might stay the same and things might redefine. Suspect this is why the veterans tell you to take measurements, them when you're blue maybe your wrists, waist etc might still have decreased in size. Everything gonna be all right, my dear, you'll get past this as many,others have before!😛

And I'll welcome you also, Beta98, the more people we have the more outlooks and opinions we have to share. No matter where we came from we are united in this path to better health.😛

I spent the last few months prior to my first orientation hovering around 300. Somehow I was down to 299 at my first weigh in on March 13. The doc told me to lose 25 lbs during the 3 month supervised diet. So far I have lost 33 and hope to get a surgery date when I go back for my last doctor's visit on Tuesday. I would like to be down to 250 by surgery time.

Will definitely be checking this thread often....

I was 375 when I started. Was 360 PreOp and I’m down to 339 two weeks post op.

Thanks for the welcome! I see we all have the same or similar goals, this is awesome it will keep me encourage! I want to be at 250 for surgery day as well but I don't know if it is possible. I will take what I can get though, LOL. Right now they just told me to lose what I can over 4 months and then they would get back to me. so far I have lost 14 pounds.

How do I get my stats to show up under my name like you guys? i've looked everywhere and don't see where you can turn it on