Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GALS who started their journey over 300 lb+<br /> +

On 8/3/2018 at 4:19 PM, brightfaith said:

You look fantastic! Congratulations.

Today is my 3-month anniversary. My weight loss has been SLOW. I have only lost 41 since surgery (133 overall, though). I have been feeling pretty frustrated with the pace and just trying to be grateful for any change. I believe I am doing everything I can--eating well, exercising, no "cheating"--and this is just how my body is responding. Given the slow pace, it also feels hard to know that I have lost 133 pounds and still am more than 100 pounds overweight. Some of that is excess skin that I won't lose no matter what, but I am still just generally worried that I am not going to be able to lose much more. I need to cheer up because I'm sure the disappointment and worry isn't helping me.

You are doing great. 41 pound since surgery is a great accomplishment and 133 total! MY surgeons office said that on average you can expect to lose 10 pounds per month and you are exceeding that so don't get down. You should also keep track of your measurements, I find this extremely motivating. There have been weeks where the loss is slow but I have lost several inches and can start fitting into a smaller size (yay)!

And I fervently hope my nearly,5 week liver-shrinking, sparing diet pares a few more recalcitrant,pounds from my chassis.🚘 If not, I'm still doing,ME to the best,of my ability. If that does not please my surgeon, he can go,preform an anantomical impossibility, something very nasty, to himself. I am strong, I am resolute and after Years and Years of apologizing, being a low-drama MAMA, I am 72,and I APOLOGIZE NO LONGER. I have been a pleaser, an appeaser, I have learned when you turn the other cheek, you get 2 bruised clerks instead of one. Now I Will live up to my flaming-red hair, I TRULY. NOW WILL DO ME!

39 minutes ago, LLG1981 said:

You are doing great. 41 pound since surgery is a great accomplishment and 133 total! MY surgeons office said that on average you can expect to lose 10 pounds per month and you are exceeding that so don't get down. You should also keep track of your measurements, I find this extremely motivating. There have been weeks where the loss is slow but I have lost several inches and can start fitting into a smaller size (yay)!

Thank you! It really helps to receive encouragement! I am trying to stay positive and believe that my weight loss will continue, at least for a while longer. Congratulations on more than 100 pounds to you!

On 8/3/2018 at 4:19 PM, brightfaith said:

You look fantastic! Congratulations.

Today is my 3-month anniversary. My weight loss has been SLOW. I have only lost 41 since surgery (133 overall, though). I have been feeling pretty frustrated with the pace and just trying to be grateful for any change. I believe I am doing everything I can--eating well, exercising, no "cheating"--and this is just how my body is responding. Given the slow pace, it also feels hard to know that I have lost 133 pounds and still am more than 100 pounds overweight. Some of that is excess skin that I won't lose no matter what, but I am still just generally worried that I am not going to be able to lose much more. I need to cheer up because I'm sure the disappointment and worry isn't helping me.

Thank you brightfaith! 41 pounds is fantastic--you're like me, we lost so much before surgery, it is going to be a bit slower. But we'll get there!

I was 332 when I started the preop diet. I’m 4 mons post op, and I’ve lost over 90lbs. The challenges are that it takes awhile for you to really see a difference. I was nearly 80lbs before I started getting compliments. My stomach is holding on for dear life. My legs, arms, and chest went right away.

Did you lose 90 pounds in 4 months since your surgery? If so what have you done? I started out 373 and I was sleeved May 21st so I am almost 3 months post op and I'm only down 37 pounds... I was stalled the whole month of July... So disheartening... What do you eat? How much do you exercise? Any help??

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

@ CrazieConnie, how are yo7 feeling 👧. Seems like a,long time since we've heard from YOU! I'm still,not under 300 pounds but after my September 5th surgery the Weight Loss,will start up again for me.

@ CrazieConnie, how are yo7 feeling . Seems like a,long time since we've heard from YOU! I'm still,not under 300 pounds but after my September 5th surgery the Weight Loss,will start up again for me.
I am almost 3 months post op and I'm down about 37lbs which I feel like I should be more... Hoping to get some insight on here as to what I could be doing wrong... I'm doing as my nutritionist suggest but I'm worried I'm just going to be a slow loser... Best wishes for your surgery coming up!! I have no regrets with the surgery, I had no problems from the surgery, had a mild reaction to the lovenox blood thinner shots after surgery but I was fine...

Got to get You romping and Stomping👣 through Ashtabula County. Folks, Crazie,Connies county,has the most remaining covered bridges in Ohio. Oh that's me **Frustr8 Dispenser of Trivial Knowledge!😛👣😛

I would definitely try and take advantage of the first six month honeymoon phase. To give you an idea, I lost about 50kg (110pounds) in the first six months and then only 20kg (45 pounds) in the next six months. It’s not as easy to lose weight now.

This is despite working much, much harder now!

13 hours ago, CrazieConnie said:

Did you lose 90 pounds in 4 months since your surgery? If so what have you done? I started out 373 and I was sleeved May 21st so I am almost 3 months post op and I'm only down 37 pounds... I was stalled the whole month of July... So disheartening... What do you eat? How much do you exercise? Any help??

I'm seven months post op now, 128lbs down. I lost about 27 of those pounds during the 2 week pre-op diet. But the remaining has been since surgery.

I'm starting to slow down myself, I stall for weeks at a time now. I follow my program with regards to eating. I eat lean Protein first, and non starchy veggies if there is room. My Snacks are more well rounded with fruits and whole grains. I exercise a few times a week, but nothing too crazy. I'm very active now, so I'm constantly on the go. I can't sit still, whether its cleaning the house or going shopping.

Don't discount your 37lbs... that is still a lot of weight. Everyone's journey is different. I encourage you to track all your food and talk to your NUT if you don't see results you desire. I'd be happy to look at your food journal to provide any advice or insight.

Good luck! you are doing great.

Hello beauties,

I just had my consultation with my dietitian on 7/31, weighing in at 310 and a BMI of 48. A week later (last Tuesday), I had my initial consultation with my surgeon and lost a couple pounds.

Anyways, when I met with my surgeon, he nonchalantly said, "You can't go wrong with bypass or sleeve." I went in to this process being pretty convinced on sleeve, and now I don't know what to choose because he listed pros and cons for both. Luckily, I have six months to choose, per my insurance requirement of supervised weight loss for that amount of time.

So beyond grateful for a community/support group like this. While I have a great support system with my future hubby and my dad (my mom is getting there), it's so nice to have people who are/have had experience with what I am going through, as well. I am at probably one of the most stressful times in my life--between planning a wedding, working full time at a very stressful job, starting my graduate studies in a week, and committing to a healthier lifestyle, and I wouldn't change a thing. I can't wait to embark on this journey, and I am so thankful to have y'all to guide me.

21 hours ago, bariatricbride said:

Anyways, when I met with my surgeon, he nonchalantly said, "You can't go wrong with bypass or sleeve." I went in to this process being pretty convinced on sleeve, and now I don't know what to choose because he listed pros and cons for both. Luckily, I have six months to choose, per my insurance requirement of supervised weight loss for that amount of time.

Don’t rule out gastric bypass. I know sleeves are more popular right now but it’s worth researching and deciding if you are comfortable with a bit more aggressive procedure. You can be successful either way, but make the right choice for yourself!

RnY Bypass all the way++++
That's what I'm getting on my surgery day++×
Weighed my options, made my Choice+++
On September 5th everyone help ME rejoice!

I am still a month away from surgery and I am over 300. Was 333 but haven’t weighed in a while. Surgery dat is 9/13/18