Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GALS who started their journey over 300 lb+<br /> +

Beta98 are you on an Android Cellphone,like me? If you are, we are at a handicap we can't enter stats like our laptop/computer cousins can, wish I could hire someone to put mine in for me.!😩

I’m 402 pounds and about to do pre-op consults in the next couple months (have to stretch it out until I qualify for FMLA for surgery and follow ups) and I just found this app. What is burning me is I can’t log a weight of higher than 362 as a “starting weight” 😠
Some of the things I’m struggling with are inserting tampons, fitting in seats and booths, feeling gross during sex, not traveling due to my size, not being able to find clothes in local stores (our Walmart quit selling 4x and I can’t always afford Lane Bryant). So yeah. That’s me.

On 06/11/2018 at 20:15, beingdina said:

I’m 402 pounds and about to do pre-op consults in the next couple months (have to stretch it out until I qualify for FMLA for surgery and follow ups) and I just found this app. What is burning me is I can’t log a weight of higher than 362 as a “starting weight” 😠

Some of the things I’m struggling with are inserting tampons, fitting in seats and booths, feeling gross during sex, not traveling due to my size, not being able to find clothes in local stores (our Walmart quit selling 4x and I can’t always afford Lane Bryant). So yeah. That’s me.
That’s crazy about Walmart. that was my go-to before surgery. Congrats on making this decision!

Thanks! I’m terrified but excited! Yes it’s frustrating. I could wear 3x tops but bottoms need the 4x. Catherine’s is great but $$$. Anyways. That’s me :-)

I still wish bariatric centers and hospitals had a clothes close,towhere you could trade,in clothes, like I'd bring in 26 and 28 that I've "undergrowth" and trace for some 22 or 24, we I undergrow them get some 18 and 20. Yes I probably could jumble sale them but I don't want to watch others paw them and throw on the floor or ground. 🎽👗👚👕👖

Speaking of trading in clothes, I am in Chicagoland (NW burbs) and I have a couple of bags of clothes that are 3X, 26/28 and 22/24 that I would love to pass along to someone that could use it. I have work clothes, dresses and casual clothes to share. If you are interested, please let me know!

Gosh I wish I was in Illinois instead of Ohio💦😌💦

On 06/12/2018 at 11:16, SleeveinIL said:

Speaking of trading in clothes, I am in Chicagoland (NW burbs) and I have a couple of bags of clothes that are 3X, 26/28 and 22/24 that I would love to pass along to someone that could use it. I have work clothes, dresses and casual clothes to share. If you are interested, please let me know!

I had 4 hanging racks of shirts a lone that i advertised on FB’s market place. I did open garage sales for just the clothes. Setup pre determined times and dates. Sold all but a dozen items. Make over $600. Might be worth a try.

Well I am really enjoying reading this thread and reading everyone’s stories and updates! I hope the good news keeps coming.

I am a bit over six months out from surgery now. Made my own personal goal of 100 pounds lost post op by six months. It seems a bit surreal how quickly the time has gone by. Six month check up is next week so I will see what my surgeon says.

Changes are coming all the time. I can work a shift at work now and not feel like crying in pain when I get home. My mobility is better with every pound that comes off. Clothes that didn’t fit last month are getting loose already, it seems like the last 15 pounds have really made a difference.

Looking forward to seeing where I am six months from now!

Have a great day all! :D

On 6/12/2018 at 10:59 AM, Frustr8 said:

I still wish bariatric centers and hospitals had a clothes close,towhere you could trade,in clothes, like I'd bring in 26 and 28 that I've "undergrowth" and trace for some 22 or 24, we I undergrow them get some 18 and 20. Yes I probably could jumble sale them but I don't want to watch others paw them and throw on the floor or ground. 🎽👗👚👕👖[[

I know it doesn't help you out, but the center I go to had a clothes swap last week. I didn't go because I'm still pre-op but they will have more and I will definitely participate next time! Maybe more centers will start doing them....

I continue to be inspired by all of you ladies!

Happy to report that I bought several tops in a size 18-20 tonight! All of the tops I have been wearing are a 26-28 and they were suddenly looking sloppy and falling off my shoulders. I thought I would be a 22-24 and was excited to realize I am an 18-20!

Hi 👋🏽I’d like to join in on this topic. Not quite 300lb (297 at my highest) but at 5’0”, I have many of the same issues. 3x clothes were getting too tight, couldn’t fit in booths at restaurants, most theme park rides off limits and a BMI well over 50 😞.

I’m in month 5 of preop and the pounds have not been coming off easily. I had quite a few food issues to address, but I feel like I’m finally drinking the koolaid (sugar free of course). The hardest thing was giving up soda. I crave ice cold root beer with crunchy small ice cubes.

I haven’t set a weight goal. I just want to be able to shop in a nonplus size store and actually fit something without looking like a sausage in it.

On 05/17/2018 at 20:36, AshAsh1 said:

I was 332 when I started the preop diet. I’m 4 mons post op, and I’ve lost over 90lbs. The challenges are that it takes awhile for you to really see a difference. I was nearly 80lbs before I started getting compliments. My stomach is holding on for dear life. My legs, arms, and chest went right away.

Oh yes I had to say goodbye to the boobs as well

My tummy is still huge. And it hangs kinda low. But it’s not loose skin. It’s pretty firm. I’ve tried to serve my tummy fat several eviction notices but it ain’t going anywhere. In the meantime, my ass is MIA. Could easily start wearing jeans backwards.

4 hours ago, LaLaDee said:

My tummy is still huge. And it hangs kinda low. But it’s not loose skin. It’s pretty firm. I’ve tried to serve my tummy fat several eviction notices but it ain’t going anywhere. In the meantime, my ass is MIA. Could easily start wearing jeans backwards.

I feel ya. its so frustrating!