Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GALS who started their journey over 300 lb+<br /> +

It's the same journey regardless. Just some bigger people are able to lose a lot more faster in the beginning. Other than that there's no difference.

I disagree. Everyone's journey is different. Also, being bigger means our journey is longer.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

You May be preaching to the choir

But I'll sing the duet with you. Our victoriesxarecsweeter because we have had to travel so far. As you keep moving along you'll see me there right there to your right. The difference between try and triumph is the extra umph we all have to put into it.💇&💁

On 05/28/2018 at 21:43, brightfaith said:

I am feeling up a bit. Today I bought new pajamas in a size 2X -- I started in a 5X. That feels like some progress!

That’s amazing! Congrats! 😊🎉

Hw 365
Sw 325
Cw 265

3 1/2 months post surgery. I’m so amazed at how great I feel after losing 100 lbs. No more struggling to walk up stairs. I can walk without tiring or having pain. I’m even riding a motorcycle again. I feel like I’ve been given a second chance at enjoying life to it’s fullest. It is nice to have a place where we all understand how difficult this journey can be. I’m cheering for everyone here. We can do it!

Hey ladies!

What a great thread! I love reading about all of your stories :)

My weight at my initial appointment (and my highest weight) was 342 lbs. My weight on my surgery date (May 28th) was 316 lbs and my current weight is still 316 lbs which makes me so sad!

I’m hoping to start dropping pounds soon!

Wow, this thread is so inspirational! A little about me:

My HW: 406
SW (5/29/18): 374
Current: 363

I can’t wait to see how my progress unfolds in the next year 😁😁

Glad to have come across this post!

My HW in April, 2017 was 337. I had my VSG exactly a year later to the day due to insurance issues (mine didn't cover surgery, so we had to wait for my husband's open enrollment period, etc.)

SW was 276 and I'm currently around 248-250, depending on whether I want to trust my scale or not----6 weeks post-op.

I'm sticking with dresses and leggings, at least through the summer. I have no pants that fit, and I don't want to buy much until I'm closer to goal. I have a couple pairs of jeans that I'm bagging around in on the weekends.

I had held on to my "skinny clothes" from a previous weight loss and those have helped me, but I agree with others that the midsection is the hardest. I've been surprised at how my legs have firmed up so quickly. Now to get the rest to catch up! I turn 50 in a few months.

Thanks for starting this thread!

Good morning ,I’m new here & I just had Sleeve surgery May 31 ,everything went well ,..now the journey to a healthier me

I started at 403 and I am currently 8 days from surgery at 365. My goal is 185. I have a ways to go!

Really glad to have this thread to follow! I started at 338 in March, currently 310. My sleeve surgery is scheduled for June 13th! I’m excited and terrified, but mostly excited. I can’t wait to see results like these.

At one point a few years ago I was above 320 but by the time I decided to do the surgery I was floating between 304-310. Surgery day down to 285 and now coming up on 6 weeks at 265. I’m floored at where I’m at and still getting my head around how fast and yet slow this is happening (if that makes sense) I’m so glad I did this and waiting until I was in the right headspace to do this.

Hey girls! I started pre-op at 310 and I just had my sleeve about two weeks ago. I’m at 260 right now and I’ve lost about 10 pounds since surgery. I hope we can all be successful on our journeys!!!! Best of luck to all of us!

On 06/03/2018 at 12:52, Amanda403 said:

I started at 403 and I am currently 8 days from surgery at 365. My goal is 185. I have a ways to go!
Wow you have lost amazing weight so far! Great job and good luck :)