Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ November Thread

hey mandy thanks for the encouragement

I already have it in my mind that I will gain some weight back when I start eating things that I can actually chew. I dont want to be blind and then freak out when it happens. My meals basically consist of yougurt, Jello and broth. I am trying to get at least 1 Protein Shake in a day and then work my way up.

does anyone think drinking a slimfast low carb shake would be an ok Protein shake to drink? I was drinking them before I got banded and I know what they taste like so I would stick with that if I can.

Where is everyone? I was the last one to post over 24 hours ago. ~Mandy

I like the low carb slim fast chocolate flavor myself :P 20 grams of Protein as compared to the 16 or 15 you get from the High protein slim fast...GO FIGURE! Definately read your labels.

Doing ok here folks...had the slight unfill as my doc rolled his eyes and proceeded to tell me that if I lost 10 more pounds my band may not be too tight and the acid would stop. Ummm doc You did a almost complete unfill just a few months ago because I was having really bad issues remember? How can I say, I'm coughing all night because of the acid in my throat yet not have you do that again lol. I only want a little taken out to see if it helps...and he didn't want to do it at all. So DH kept an eye on the needle and said it did look like he took a little out so I'm now between 1.25 and 1.50 cc in my band. the 1.50 was too much. I did end up with reflux again last night but, we were up late with Reiki share and I ate too late. Tonight was a Tastefully Simple party so nibbling again kinda late but, it's 9:30 and I won't be in bed until 11-11:30 so hopefully that's long enough to get it to pass through. I'm hoping the acid subsides...or it's the lazyboy for me I guess. See if 10 pounds will help it but, ummm should I say I've lost 7 since my fill and it still happened so that's why I went in . UGH. Oh well......just gotta keep trying :)

I'm pooped now...just cleaned up after this party. The samples were all so yummy though. I skipped dinner just so I could go guilt free with the samples :clap: Back to the grind watching every cal tomorrow.

TGIF tomorrow yeaaaaaaaaaaaa lol

Yep, I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off, trying to get everything put away, after coming home from TX. And then getting everything squared away for surgery tomorrow.

I think I am as done as possible.

I am sending my laptop with my DD-Manda. She will either log on to LBT, or she will use my email list and send notice when I am done....or I will when I can.

See y'all when it is over!!!

Kat

Good Luck Kat! You know my thoughts and prayers are with you!

Sherry - Hopefully the unfill will help a little. It's probably going to take a few days to heal up so give it a few.

By the time I get home and get all the leaves out of the pool, then cook supper I am so tired I don't post, just read mostly so I can say something in the morning. Sorry, I hope it gets better and I have more time soon.

Gotta get in the shower, catch you all later.

Anyone hear from Kat? I'm starting to worry. ~Mandy

Good Morning,

Kat !!!! oh Kat !!! how ya feeling girlie, did everything go okay?

Jetti, drink what ever shake you like, its really all an individual thing, but I believe I read once that the body can't absorb (digest) more than 30 gms of Protein in one shot, so if you have a drink thats 35 gms, have some for Breakfast and some for a snack.< /p>

Nothing much is new over here in Joisey. Does anyone know where Beanie is? boy I miss that girl. I hope she's doing okay.

Sherry glad the unfill went okay.... your doc sounds like a quack lol. I'm getting the nerve up to make an appt to go get one early in december... its just the embarrassment of gaining weight ya know, but I know I need one badly.

Well today I get to see that HOT karate instructor and then its home for some cleaning. My spine is really bad with this damp/cold weather. I can barely stand w/out looking like a 90 year old...and to bend...forgedaboutit. I'm sure with more weight loss I would feel a little better so its an incentive for lack of a better word.

I can't believe its almost Thanksgiving. Everyone getting ready for the big day?

Well girlies, you all have a wonderful day.

Thinking of you Kat......

Hugs Kat!

WBB later to post, trying NOT to get in the MIA habit again. I have my pc back and it's much easier, but I'm in a rush, I'll be back to let you all know about my wild 39th anniversary dinner and romance :)

Hi everyone,

Can someone tell me what kind of surgery Kat is having? I must have missed it when I was reading up on the posts. Kat, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Sherry, how's your stomach feeling today? Did the unfill help the reflux last night?

Mandi, thanks for the advice on the Gas-X - I took some last night and it really helped. How's Abi doing with school - any improvement? My son is having problems keeping up this year, and I'm thinking we'll have to pull him from the Montessori school. He's in second grade (and the teachers tell me that he's keeping up with the second grade curriculum), but he's still working on the first grade math and phonics workbooks. WTF?

Pat, Happy Anniversary!! :):rose::) Enjoy your romantic evening. :eyebrows:

Eilene, how's your back? Did I ever tell you about my inversion table? It helps my back a lot and it was only about $150. They stretch out the spine and relieve pressure, and they help build core muscles. Go to inversiontables.com to see a picture of one - it's really not as scary as it sounds.

Jetti, how goes the recovery? Congratulations on the weightloss! I ate tons of refried Beans during my mushy stage - yum!

Betty, what are you up to this weekend?

Cindy, how was the deposition? It doesn't seem fair that you're getting sued when you were pushed into the car from someone else! Good thing the insurance co is footing the bill.

When's the last time anyone heard from Beanie?

Darcy and Patty, where are you?

I'd love a copy of the new Christmas address list too! My address hasn't changed. It was a lot of fun getting cards from everyone last year!

Well, it looks like Mother Nature let us off the hook on the leaf clean up today - it's raining outside. Grandma has the kids today, so DH and I are going to head out and see Beowulf in IMAX 3-D. Hope you're all enjoying your weekend!

Anne, I need an e-mail address to send the list too. I also think I need your address. You can e-mail me, I have that option open here. Click my user name and then "e-mail user" I will reply with the updated list and I will add you to the list. ~Mandy

***********IMPORTANT MESSAGE***********

Terridoodle got a call from Manda (Kat's daughter) to let us know that she just came out of the surgery and she's fine. Most importantly, the growth was entirely benign!!! Her phone was cutting out so she's not sure what happened with the intubation...Manda said she thought she was asleep, but Terry thinks Kat was in the background shaking her head 'no'. So we'll find out more about that tomorrow. Also understood that she should be discharged Saturday. I'm sure she'll be glad to get home!

GREAT NEWS, KAT!!!

Get Well SOON -- I miss you Kat!

If anyone was interested in getting the BodyBugg -- I just purchased one with the wrist display for $279.18 - that was a $169.77 savings at 24hourfitness.com

Good Night everyone!

Good Morning,

Gina thank you so much for the news on our Kat :) I'm so glad to hear she is safe and sound awwww our poor Kat has been through enough lately. Hey thats a great deal on the buggy thingy...WTG !!!!!!!