Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ November Thread

Oh yeah, we need a secretary for this thread, LOL, I was so afraid the site might not come back up and I'd lose all my buddies.

If you all want to pm me your regular email address, I'll compile a list to keep on hand for future ref if you like.

Jessica, I'm sure all is well. Check in when you can. Welcome to bandland, it's really a great place to be. Remember to take it easy, sip your fluids, and use a heating pad. ~Mandy

Jessica, :welcome2: to Bandland! Ditto to Mandy's advise. Things are looking up already! You got through all that pre-surgery anxiety! IMO that was probably harder than any recovery, LOL! All your friends here are thinking of you and will be happy to hear from you when you are able. :D

Hey girls, that edit tip Eileen gave really works, just go to your reply you need to edit, copy the entire post, then click edit, erase the entire post, then paste the one you copied and make your "repairs".

Thanks Eileenie!

I found it. Ever since Mandy mentioned EGG NOG

I remembered that I stashed a sugar-free one somewhere on my messy desk. I haven't tried it, so here it is:

Sugar-Free Holiday Nog

1package(1oz) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix

7 cups fat-free milk, divided

2-4 packets sugar substitute

1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract or rum extract

1 cup fat-free evaporated milk

Combine pudding mix, 2 cups milk, sugar substitute and vanilla in bowl;

mix according to pudding directions. Pour into 1/2 gal jug w/ lid. shake.< /span>

Add 3 cups milk; shake well. Add evaporated milk, shake. Add remaining milk; shake well. Chill

8 1cup servings

107 calories

15gr carbs

10gr protein

im home im home im home!!!!!! everything went well. I was there a little longer then expected because I was feeling queasy when moving from the bed to the recliner and the nurse gave me something to help and along with the percocet I was ready for a nap. so i took a long nap and came home when i was all better!!

thanks for the wishes!!!!!!!! i am retiring to my couch now

Hello Y'all!

Don't send the monkeys, I am just busy! I have been in training until I thought my head would explode with so much information. I finished the training today, now I just have to go back to my desk and try to put to use everything I learned. I know it will all come together soon, but it is really hard right now and when I get home I don't even want to look at a computer! Hopefully things will go upward from here!

Jessica - Welcome to bandland! I am so happy that things went well for you! Remember to walk as much as you can, sip as much Water as you can, and rest between. If you get any shoulder pain, use a heating pad. It's all uphill from here!

I really need to catch up on everyone, and what has been done or what is being done. lol

Right now I am going to go kick up my feet with a drink and relax for a few minutes before I have to cook supper.

Thanks for missing me!

Hugs!

Congrats Jetti! Welcome to bandland! :confused:

Jetti, welcome to bandland. Check in here for support, and keep walking and sipping. ~Mandy

:hungry:Welcome to bandland, Jessica :hungry:

Drink, walk and make friends with that heating pad. I had the queasy thing also -- glad that you are home.

Yesterday, when I came home from doing the taxi thing I noticed the driveway all wet. Yep, the car had a leak :confused: I called the mechanic and I was green with worry and Thankfully it was minor. A broken hose and repaired in 20minutes and I didn't have to pay -- isn't God good! I missed my writing class but instead am using my time to tidy up the house and set out a few more decorations for the boys -- that will make them smile when they get home later. Hey, where is everyone?

hey ladies, how's it going?

Well, tomorrow is my first day back at work. I'm just gonna take it easy, don't want to damage my new best friend...and speaking of new best friends, They just opened a brand new JC PENNEY's in my area. Seriously, I'm not a real hardcore shopaholic, but I love having a good store nearby!!!! LOL!

Chrispy, I just loved hearing all about the date :) I was sitting here just smiling. Happy for ya. He sounds really good. Funny though, being an ol' married gal for so long, it didn't even occur to me about telling the person you're dating about the band....I mean, of course, I just never thought about it. Anyway I enjoyed it, thanks for sharing. Hope it continues to go well for you two.

Betty, You almost had some monkeys comin' after you, I think :)

good to see you back!

Sherry, I have bodybugg envy! LOL It really sounds like THE ticket to keeping on track (and I love gadgets too)

Mandy the job sounds great! But what did the doc do for Abi? I hope her cough gets better real soon.

Pat, I sent you an email with some links that I thought maybe you were talking about.

Jessica, my husband had to keep reminding me that just because it's the next day, it did'nt mean I was on day two...but rather to remember that 24hrs. constitutes a day!!!! LOL! I'm thinking of you and hope you're doing well :)

The doc said Abi has bronchitis, and a sinus infection. She's on antibiotics and a cough suppressant. She went to school today, but she's really tired tonight. ~Mandy