Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ November Thread

Jessica: We are all here for ya :(. Sorry about getting your monthly but rest assured that ALL the nurses have seen this before. Tell your assigned nurse and she will tell you what to do. Bring extra pads/tampons for afterward. You're gonna do great! Write when you can. Hugs.

Kat: I want pecans too! I'm baking applesauce Cookies tomorrow!

Eileene: What new job? Have I been out of the loop that long? What happened to the *%$#@# boss from hell? Miss ya, & the chatter.

And the bad stuff keeps on happening. I don't want to say just yet. But the boys and I need your prayers.

Oh Jessica :( Big hug comming your way!!! please, please, try not to get too upset over this. It's natural to be anxious and nervouseven (just read some of my before surgery posts, LOL) But while it is still surgery, it is also a very simple procedure (my surgeon's words).

While I was writing to you, a nurse practicioner from my dr.office called to check up on me, and I asked her about your concern with the choice to wear underwear (that it was that TOM) She said, certainly do so....if things change, they'll let you know. :)

I think the LBT site was down, I also kept trying to get on. I feel for YOU, day before surgery and your main support system goes down!!

Greetings and Salutations! New to the boards, new to banding - Got Banded 10/30/07 at Atlantic City medical Center (Atlanticare now). Was having A LOT OF CHEST PAIN - GAS turns out there was Fluid in my band from the flushing. MD removed 1 cc today at post op visit and it's a miracle. THANKS GOD I was ready to say TAKE THIS THING OUT!

So where does everyone live? I'm in Ocean County work in Atlantic County - that's how I ended up at ARMC for the surgery.

Lost 11 lbs so far WOO HOO

Look forward to getting to know you all

Katie

Greetings and Salutations! New to the boards, new to banding - Got Banded 10/30/07 at Atlantic City medical Center (Atlanticare now). Was having A LOT OF CHEST PAIN - GAS turns out there was Fluid in my band from the flushing. MD removed 1 cc today at post op visit and it's a miracle. THANKS GOD I was ready to say TAKE THIS THING OUT!

So where does everyone live? I'm in Ocean County work in Atlantic County - that's how I ended up at ARMC for the surgery.

Lost 11 lbs so far WOO HOO

Look forward to getting to know you all

Katie

Most of us are not from NJ at all. I am from Chicago. We all just get along really well so here we are. ~Mandy

hi guys,

I started my new job today. I love it there. I work with 6,7 and 8th grade. I am in the lunch room, simply keeping it at a controlled chaos. It's not at nutz as it sounds. I dismiss the kids in small groups to toss their trash, and line up to go to the next class. Other than that I keep order, keep them seated, and keep them in their assigned areas. Simple, easy and the pay is good. It also gets me into the district so I can become a teacher aide next year. I'm off to a board meeting for our subdivision. Tonight we hand in the petition papers that I have worked on the last few days.

Tomorrow is no school, so we have a vets appointment, and Abi is seeing the doc. She has a nasty cough. No fever but the cough is getting worse, and nothing has helped. I'm off, be back later. ~Mandy

Jessica, sorry about TOM. Mine started the day before surgery and when I went in that morning, I just told the nurse and she gave me a sexy pair of mesh panties and a big 'ol pad. lol. It really was no big deal.

I'm so glad you like your new job Mandy! That's great!

Diane on Sat night we had Indian food and then played some pool. It was ugly. lol. We then went home and watched a movie where my guy proceeded to ask if he could be my boyfriend. lol. It was so cute! I hadn't even told him about that band at that point, so I said well there's probably something I should tell you first. He didn't even flinch, and then joked that he was worried I was going to tell him I was a man before or something. lol. But anyway, I am so happy I am beside myself. He is so nice and a really great guy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because he has potential. Like Sherry says, he's got the whole package. Yeeaahhhh me!!! lol

Hey Gina!!!!!!!!!! thanks for the link, for Kate. I thought I had it but apparently not, LOL! How've you been?

Actually - we were posting at the same time --hahahaha !

I have been a bad bandster - and ready for TOM - it is also my anniversary/vacation week - so nothing good is going to happen.

:( Have a good night.

welcome to the NJ thread Katie!! I am also from NJ but im up north in essex county.

I had to call the hospital to confirm my time for tmrw - gotta be there at 630 fpr 745 surgery - and the women I spoke with said to wear white cotton panties and if they make me remove them they will do something. I got over that part of my worry pretty quick by telling myself they have dealt with worse!!!

I am still super nervous and I am sure I wont sleep much tonight. I not so much nervous about the surgery itself as I am the after. I know I will come through just fine but ahhhh stupid nerves!!!

Bandland here I come!!! see you all in Bandland tmrw morning save some yummy goodies for me!! I only had to do liquids today and I am going bananas!!! I dont know how those of you who had to do a pre op diet did it!! I guess it shows you what you will be doing post op but damn it I want to chew something!!

Hello everyone...still playing with my bodybugg...dayum it's making me exercise..I have a measily 75 more steps to get to my 10,000 for the day. Damn I've been doing nothing but treadmill and walks after supper and I ate as soon as I got home. First time I've sat down for a bit, but I gotta go and get the last 75 steps in so I'll jog around downstairs for a bit. Silly what I've been doing to get that 1000 cal deficit everyday but ya know...bout time something got me to my arssssssss lol

Sherry go chase hubby around the house a few times, that'll get your needed steps in, plus it might get you more than you bargained for, LOL. Whew, that sure was an expensive toy, let me know if it works and keeps on working, good luck.

Jetti, we're all pulling for you, best of luck tomorrow...Hugs!

Christy, I almost fell out of my chair when I read he thought you'd had a sex change. He sounds like a hoot!

Glad you like your job Mandy, that's a big part of working.

Who is Katie? I missed something.

Where's Eileenie and Betty and I could name a few other missing ppls, you know who you are.

Hey Diane, hope today is better than the day before :(.