Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Morning all...I have today off and am going for a fill appt in a little bit.

I'm nervous because I haven't lost anything in 6 months! So, I'm not sure how today will go. Sometimes I can eat a horse, and other days Water is hard to get down. Not sure what he can do, or if I'll even be able to express it the right way.

Morning all...I have today off and am going for a fill appt in a little bit.

I'm nervous because I haven't lost anything in 6 months! So, I'm not sure how today will go. Sometimes I can eat a horse, and other days Water is hard to get down. Not sure what he can do, or if I'll even be able to express it the right way.

I hope he is able to tell you something. I am sure that you can express it just fine. Good luck!

I hope he is able to tell you something. I am sure that you can express it just fine. Good luck!

good luck goluc & slim on your dr's visits, DH is off as well today before going out of town for the wk....so like a sunday around here - which is good since company just left & i have a feeling it's a 2 pot of coffee AM.

Happy Easter to you too!

DS is with my mother. He decided that he is "too old" for a basket this year. He is growing facial hair (peach fuzz) so that makes him too old for such things. Yeah right. He ruined my fun with the eggs and such. Oh well. He will miss this days (just like me). I keep trying to tell him not to grow up too fast. Adulthood and all its problems will happen soon enough. I wouldn't have listened at his age so I don't expect him to.

Have a happy day everyone!

My DS is wayyy beyond the basket thing now. However, if I give him a gift bag filled with Peanut Butter eggs and sour worms, some clothing and other things he wants . . . I can actually get a "thanks, Mom." They outgrow the basket but I don't think they outgrow the sentiment if you repackage it in a more adult form, lol.

I can't decide whether to do the shorter Mountain Bike course or the longer Olympic course. Both have their pros and cons.

Which one has the better pros for you (or lesser cons)?

PJTP-I have my official 6 month follow up today (it's late). I will see what I have officially lost (or gained) since my last fill. Wish me luck!

Crossing-fingers-so-hard-it-hurts for you. :smile:

PJTP...Hi yall!

Had a wonderfully restful weekend...now back on the grind, in the weird place called my job...

Had a great Easter dinner - four bites of ham, four bites of green Beans, and three bites of mac-n-cheese. What used to feed me for ONE MEAL will last me the rest of the week as leftovers! :smile:

Emotionally, I miss food - it was such a big part of my life, and why I was such a big girl! Now, I have to find other ways to occupy my time...went to see two movies this weekend with hubby: Taken (with Liam Neeson) and Knowing. Both were very good...

Taken made me scared to send my daughter anywhere, and Knowing was just plain spooky. Hated the end - wish it had come out differently, but it wasn't my movie to write / edit / end. I won't tell anyone what happens just in case ya want to see them.

Can't wait for X-Men Origins next month, and Star Trek! Ya - I'm a Trekkie from way back... :blush:

Have a great week, everyone! DD goes off on her college tour trip tomorrow morning so it will be just me, DH and DDog the rest of the week. We'll get to see what life might be like once she's off to college...this will be interesting! :tongue:

Mountain biking is easy peasy if you train for it.

Well that's the problem. This race is in 3 weeks and I have my first race this week. So I have no time to train. I'm taking it easy this week, recovering the next week and then the next week would be the race.

Can't wait for X-Men Origins next month

I thought the movie was called Wolverine and X-Man Origins was the name of the series?

I went out to pee and missed the first half of the preview for whatever it is and now I'm pissed! :smile:

Well that's the problem. This race is in 3 weeks and I have my first race this week. So I have no time to train. I'm taking it easy this week, recovering the next week and then the next week would be the race.

Well you said it was a sprint tri right? Take a mountain bike out on a course for, let's say, 20ish miles. Or even just the 12. Examine how you feel afterward and make your decision based on that. The swim and run portions are obvious not the deciding factor. Really I am sure you could do it if you tried it. You have enough fitness for it ya know?

I thought the movie was called Wolverine and X-Man Origins was the name of the series?

I went out to pee and missed the first half of the preview for whatever it is and now I'm pissed! :blush:

You're probably right, Mac - I can't quite remember from the preview, cause my eyes were all over the screen trying to note which characters were going to be in the movie!

One is the guy with the playing cards - his name is Gambit - he was NOT a part of the original X-Men comic series, but came in around the same time as the New Mutants - wonder how many of the 'new' characters will be from various parts of the comic series, but out-of-order, so to speak...

WOLVERINE! Yeah, baby! :smile: 'Nuff said.

No joke...he is definately the hotness - a little short for me, but for him...I'd make an exception! :tongue:

Is it totally weird, or is it okay to like Sabertooth (Wolverine's arch-enemy)? I can't help it, I like big, tall, roughnecks! :lol:

Don't get me started on the hotties in comic books...:tt2:

Well you said it was a sprint tri right? Take a mountain bike out on a course for, let's say, 20ish miles. Or even just the 12. Examine how you feel afterward and make your decision based on that. The swim and run portions are obvious not the deciding factor. Really I am sure you could do it if you tried it. You have enough fitness for it ya know?

What she said. :smile:

No joke...he is definately the hotness - a little short for me, but for him...I'd make an exception! :blush:

Is it totally weird, or is it okay to like Sabertooth (Wolverine's arch-enemy)? I can't help it, I like big, tall, roughnecks! :tongue:

Don't get me started on the hotties in comic books...:lol:

How tall is he? It's so hard to tell. Or better yet, how tall are YOU? I'm short-ish (5'7") so I'm good with 6' and taller.

And as for hotties... erm, have you seen Watchmen? Dr. Manhattan (the blue man)? Uh, full frontal in most all of his parts, which thankfully were pretty often. :smile:

Emotionally, I miss food - it was such a big part of my life, and why I was such a big girl! Now, I have to find other ways to occupy my time...

Ebony, you are so right! I, too, am missing food emotionally. I just found that out yesterday at Easter dinner. I MISS being able to eat everything.

I just came back from the doctor. He said I was doing okay, but that I wasn't paying attention to the signs and that I was drinking my cals. He could take it out and allow me to eat, but I'd probably gain. In order to start losing again, I should get a slight fill (1/2 cc) and follow the rules.

I am trying to get back on track...but emotionally I want food to comfort me. So, I'm going back to square one. On liquids now.

I just came back from the doctor. He said I was doing okay, but that I wasn't paying attention to the signs and that I was drinking my cals. He could take it out and allow me to eat, but I'd probably gain. In order to start losing again, I should get a slight fill (1/2 cc) and follow the rules..

drinking Protein Drinks or wine for liquid cals? :smile:

i will say glouc - a few unfills that i had, that did in fact let me eat more shook a plateau & i started to lose again. just a thought.