Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Good morning! It is going to be a long, cold day.

suppose to be in the 80's today - finally spring is back, but i wanted to strangle the damn bird that was SO friggin happy - wouldn't let me sleep in.

ebony - be thinking of ya today!!

PJTP...I am so NOT in a good mood!:glare::cursing::)

Just got back from the "meeting"...what it turned into was a bi*ch and moan session about my job performance. The past couple of weeks I've had a detail issue or two (lots of detail in this job) and I have slipped up a couple of times.

That turned into "serious performance issues" and then morphed into a "you don't take feedback well"...WTF???

Well, at least I know why I've had that pain in my right shoulder for the past few days, it's because of the knife sticking out of my back!

My supervisor took the opportunity to turn a couple of troubled days into a theme and made it seem like I don't do my job. I'm pissed, but resolute. I'll leave this place when I'm da*n good and ready, and no insecure idiot is gonna make me leave until then!

So it's strictly professional from this point forward, taking extra effort to dot the i's and cross the t's, and I DARE them to say anything else about my job performance!

I'm not happy, but now that I've calmed down, there was SOME validity to what they were saying - the past couple of weeks I've missed some details. It definately won't happen again, and I really don't think it had to go to this level.

My supervisor said she didn't feel comfortable giving me feedback because I didn't recieve it well. She's referring to ONE incident where she told me that I couldn't express that I had challenges with the job because someone else in the staff meeting did. That person is the favored one, and just because she says something doesn't mean the rest of us can...ooookay...so I didn't. I expressed a little concern about my work load after the favored one bit*hed and moaned, and that turned into "we have questions about your ability to do your job." When she finished with that statement I asked if she was done. She took that to mean I wasn't listening and didn't tell me any of the OTHER concerns they supposedly had. That was over a month ago, and she's had plenty of opportunity to tell me if they had performance issues with me. She did not - instead, she does it in this meeting. WTF?

Stuff that was brought up includes things that happened when I first started on the job in June of last year, which I thought had been covered already. Guess not...

I'll be watching my back more carefully from now on, and making sure my performance is at 100%, no matter what. Guess 90% isn't good enough...

Edited by EbonyRose

Ebony, I am so sorry that this is happening. I can tell from your tone that you have it handled. You are strong and will make it through this storm stronger and wiser.

I was, I think, 3 or 4 at the time...so I blame my strange little child ID on that one. I vaguely remember the legs, but I do remember it.

I also picked up the severed head from the ground and talked to it, telling him he'd be fine. I was told I kissed it, too. I don't remember that one, but my uncle and his friends loved telling me that story.

All. The. Time.

Talk about embarassing your 16 year old niece with her new boyfriends!

Wow, like Plain, you have now also left me speechless, lol.

Ebony, _hugs__by_Synfull.gif. What I don't get is, if there were some things you missed, why didn't they address it at that time? It seems to me they wouldn't take it to the level they did, (i.e., involving the head of HR) unless they had attempted to address these issues previously and were unsuccessful. Was your supervisor on some kind of huge power trip, or what?

ebony - was your union rep in the mtg?

good as time as any to get a notebook & journal every conversation - save every IM, email, vmail from here on out w/your supervisor & anyone else that acts in that capacity.

they always slip up:)

sorry the mtg didn't go so hot - think you handled yourself very well.

Ebony - You sound as though you handled the situation with grace and professionalism - kudoos to you!

I think Lulu has a great idea - document, document, document. (although as a manager, 'they always slip up'???:glare:)

susan has a great point about why the head of HR??...big stick for small issue sounds more like the manager has an issue managing than you have in performance

If the knife was in your back before, it will be worse for a while - particularly if your boss was hoping to force you to leave! It might be a rough few weeks - keep your head down, your eyes on the details, and document document document

I think Lulu has a great idea - document, document, document. (although as a manager, 'they always slip up'???:))

:glare: having over the top mtgs:), unable to manage & effectively communicate to staff.....slips happen :)

ahhhhh i could right a book:)

I'm sure I could contribute volume 2 with 'tales from the other side'.:glare:

Bottom line - people are well...people! Good bad effective ineffective honest liars lazy energetic etc...and therefore both management and staff are subject to the characteristic whims/idiosyncracies/lunacy of the species!

Of course you and I are the examples of the exemplary!

Edited by tapshoes
typo...grrr

Ebony, I am so sorry that this is happening. I can tell from your tone that you have it handled. You are strong and will make it through this storm stronger and wiser.

Thanks, Slim...I really appreciate that! Sometimes stupid stuff will have you doubting your own value and knowledge...this was one of those times for me. I thought things were going pretty well before this...

Ebony, _hugs__by_Synfull.gif. What I don't get is, if there were some things you missed, why didn't they address it at that time? It seems to me they wouldn't take it to the level they did, (i.e., involving the head of HR) unless they had attempted to address these issues previously and were unsuccessful. Was your supervisor on some kind of huge power trip, or what?

Thank you so much, Susan - I really needed that cyber-hug! :wub: My supervisor did say that she felt I "didn't take feedback well" - I take that to mean she's intimidated by me. We're similar in height, she's about 50 - 60 lbs below me (she had WLS also - bypass) and I guess I scare her. She's younger than I am by about 11 years - though I thought I always treated her with respect because of her position. She can be difficult to talk to - she is impatient and tends to cut off conversation quickly. She knows this and has mentioned it herself, so I'm not sure where this all came from. I think she's not very experienced as a manager and doesn't really know how to handle me. In thinking about it, I tried to review our interactions in my mind to see if I unintentionally 'scared' her at some point and I can't come up with a thing! :glare:

ebony - was your union rep in the mtg?

good as time as any to get a notebook & journal every conversation - save every IM, email, vmail from here on out w/your supervisor & anyone else that acts in that capacity.

they always slip up:)

sorry the mtg didn't go so hot - think you handled yourself very well.

Great advice, luluc - I'll do that right away. I have some spiral notebooks around that I'll be using from now on to document everything. I'll also off-site backup my emails to make sure there are no issues on the company computer. Yep, I'm a little paranoid on the system stuff - I know how those techies can be (since I am one)...:)

Ebony - You sound as though you handled the situation with grace and professionalism - kudoos to you!

I think Lulu has a great idea - document, document, document. (although as a manager, 'they always slip up'???:glare:)

susan has a great point about why the head of HR??...big stick for small issue sounds more like the manager has an issue managing than you have in performance

If the knife was in your back before, it will be worse for a while - particularly if your boss was hoping to force you to leave! It might be a rough few weeks - keep your head down, your eyes on the details, and document document document

Great advice, and thank you, Tap! :wub: I've been careful to keep her in the loop today, speaking to her as if nothing has happened. I think she was expecting fallout, but I'm going to kill her with kindness, so to speak. She won't be able to say anything about my 'attitude'...and my union rep did say that I may have to 'manage up' because she seems to have issues with that.

:) having over the top mtgs:), unable to manage & effectively communicate to staff.....slips happen :eek:

I bet there's a great story there!

Thanks to everyone for the expressions of support and advice - they are so welcome and appreciated! :wub::wub::wub:

I'll be fine - like I told my union rep, I didn't make it to be 46 years old and not know how to handle stuff like this...they will not be able to say another blessed word about my job performance!:mad2:

I say kick them in the shin. But then again I am not the most mature one here lol.

SO I was procrastinating here because i don't feel like working out. Then I happened to look down at my hand and see my veins popping out of them slightly. I don't know if I am weird or what but seeing my veins on the back of my hands is such a huge motivator to me because my hands were so fat before that I could never see them. So anytime I notice them it makes me feel good. Like I would love to have giant gross veins popping out of my hand or something. Am I just weird?

I don't think the hands thing is weird at all! I love the veins and bones I'm able to see now.

When I was chubby 14 year old, my neice who is about 4 years older, said she LOVED my hands because hers were all boney (she's skinny as a pole). She was being sincere, too, which was the crazy part. She said she loved the dimples in my hands.

I felt better for about 5 minutes until I realized I had fat hands! Hadn't noticed before...so THANKS A LOT! :glare:

Am I just weird?

not at all - i noticed my sausage toes are no more & veins are on the top of my feet. sure wish i didn't get rid of so many shoes when i went up a size or 2.

Oh benedryl...how do I heart thee. Let me count the ways. You make me feel oh slow light headed and floaty. Floaty enough that posting on LBT is probably not the smartest thing. Because typing is not so easy when you're cheesy.

Yep. Time for sleeping now.

Sweet dreams, Benadryl girl.