Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

The chicken today was a cashew chicken at the local cheap Chinese place. The meat is tender (I'm guessing dark meat, cat, of course, lol) and in a sauce.

A few yrs. ago my kids and I went out with a friend to our fav. Chinese restaurant . He was laughing and teasing about it being cat. About 2 months later they got busted for serving CAT! I called him and told him that and he said lets go get more.:tongue2: We still laugh about it.

I was stuck just a little while ago. I didn't chew well enough. I knew it as soon as it started to slip down my throat. I was trying to stop it. I almost sounded like my cats when they get a fur ball Sorry TMI.36_33_21.gif 16_1_25.gif

Kinda kept going on the cat theme.:)

I used to wolf my food down, too before I got banded. When I was first banded, I quit eating after 20 minutes no matter what (that's what the band bible said to do). Now, I finish the portions I've served myself and sometimes it takes me 40 minutes to eat what I used to be able wolf down in 10. That's one way the band helps us all, I think. It takes us back to the basics and the proper way to chew and eat.

I haven't made it that far. I take longer than 10 minutes now, but I haven't made it to a complete 20. I am striving for 30 minutes. I am hoping that if I am able to slow down that much, I will start to get that satisfied feeling before I finish what is on my plate.

A few yrs. ago my kids and I went out with a friend to our fav. Chinese restaurant . He was laughing and teasing about it being cat. About 2 months later they got busted for serving CAT! I called him and told him that and he said lets go get more.:tongue2: We still laugh about it.

That happened here several years ago. There was a popular restaurant that specialized in egg rolls. One of the local TV stations did a story on them about how they found cats in the freezer. The owner tried to say that the cats were never put into the customer's food, but they were never able to recover. My aunt used to say that it was the best cat that she ever ate.:)

luluc-You mentioned eating off of a salad plate. I know that this is going to sound really dumb (hey I haven't done an etiquette class), but what size is a salad plate? I currently use an 8in plate. Is that bigger than a salad plate?

luluc-You mentioned eating off of a salad plate. I know that this is going to sound really dumb (hey I haven't done an etiquette class), but what size is a salad plate? I currently use an 8in plate. Is that bigger than a salad plate?

8in is my salad plate size (you made me get my tape measure out..LOL). i found it holds 3/4oz of Protein & a bit of room for veggies/small spoon of grains.

my diner plate is 12in..they're on the large size. mental for me, i was a volume eater - the bigger the plate, the more i'd fill it up.

ok pjtp - husband free for a wk, so i'm late night posting...LOL

I think men who smoke pipes look very distinguished.

Yup....that's me, Mr. Distinguished, lol

Ok, Facebook warning. If you ever post pictures that expose more of yourself than what you normally expose, beware of ex-boyfriends, former high school guy friends, and creeps coming out of the woodwork and filling up your inbox with suggestive messages because they are too afraid to post them publicly where their wives might see them.

Sorry, I'll refrain from any more of those "what are wearing right now" posts...just don't tell my wife!!

Oh, and guys, I have news. I know some of you know I have been having a ton of problems with my band. I am getting converted to a sleeve!!

Quitter. What? Kidding, only kidding...

re: facebook - ABSOLUTELY agree with you there! Also, if you're going to pose nude, or have some odd pictures of your man parts in wet underwear, then DON'T put your current work location.

Don't you judge me, Glouc!

Pjtp...ugh my head and I have a new tattoo. I'm Glad I woke up in my own bed this am.. Goodnight I'm going back to sleep I have to work tonight.

Post a pic of the new ink

i didn't view restriction when i "couldn't" eat certain foods, rather feeling satisfied with my meals for longer periods of time

Exactly. That's exactly how I look at it. Furthermore, I think that's the hardest part of getting the band.....having that "paradigm shift" finally sink in.

He said he wanted his patients to have good quality of life and not be battling the band all the time.

I think this is wise. It's also the reason I have been VERY conservative with my fills. I went into this thing with the reasoning that I just needed a little "nudge" to help me with my portion sizes. I never expected the band to do all the work. Heck, I take a certain pride in the fact that I COULD eat pretty much anything.....I just choose not to (except, sometimes I choose to eat unhealthier stuff, with the full knowledge that I'll have to make up for it later). This way, I'm still loose enough to partake in "bad" food choices when the occasion dictates, but "tight" enough to not eat 3 platefuls. To me, that's good restriction and good quality of life. Balance. I do feel really bad for everybody that is having problems w/ their bands, because mine is making a huge impact.

I think that's why many supplement with extra Protein. I tried to avoid it because my doc is very against it, but I really think I need to do it because my nails which have always been very strong are now getting brittle and breaking easily. My hair is also falling out. I had very thick hair so it still looks fine but at the rate it's falling out, I'm afraid I'll be bald before I reach goal so I really think I need to start supplementing.

Donna, my doc recommended for me to supplement. We sat down and did the calculations (sex, overall size, activity level, he looked at my "metabolism test", etc.) and he said I should probably shoot for 100 g / day.....and there's no way I could get that much by eating real food. I will say, that I feel mas fantastico ever since I started supplementing. But....I totally get that everybody is different.

Hey guys,

I have been reading your posts and just want to clear something up here. First off, I am not anti-band. I am just anti-band for me. I promise you I followed the rules, I did everything I was supposed to, I have a great doctor who worked with me to try and resolve my problems. I even got a second opinion.

My first year with the band was a breeze. I lost a lot of weight. In month 13 I got a fill and was too tight. I ended up with a major slip. My band and I never got along from that point on. It slipped twice. It doesn't matter if I have fill or no fill, eating for me is always a crap shoot. Yesterday, I was fine, today, I haven't been able to eat anything. Right now, I have zero fill. I am afraid to go to lunch meetings, out to dinner, because I never know when I am going to get stuck and have to run to the ladies room. In April, I will have had my band for three years, and this has been my life, day in and day out for the past two years.

I think there are some people, that for whatever reason, the band just doesn't work for them. I am one of them. I have done everything I can think of to make it work for me, but it won't. I can either live the rest of my life in misery, or I can get the sleeve and the opportunity to live like everyone else, but with less weight on me.

I have said from the day I joined these boards, the reason you don't see many long-termed bandsters post here is because they have reached their goal, their bands are working for them, they are out living their lives and don't need to come here anymore for support and advice. But, there are going to be a few of us who aren't so fortunate.

Hey guys,

I have been reading your posts and just want to clear something up here. First off, I am not anti-band. I am just anti-band for me. I promise you I followed the rules, I did everything I was supposed to, I have a great doctor who worked with me to try and resolve my problems. I even got a second opinion.

My first year with the band was a breeze. I lost a lot of weight. In month 13 I got a fill and was too tight. I ended up with a major slip. My band and I never got along from that point on. It slipped twice. It doesn't matter if I have fill or no fill, eating for me is always a crap shoot. Yesterday, I was fine, today, I haven't been able to eat anything. Right now, I have zero fill. I am afraid to go to lunch meetings, out to dinner, because I never know when I am going to get stuck and have to run to the ladies room. In April, I will have had my band for three years, and this has been my life, day in and day out for the past two years.

I think there are some people, that for whatever reason, the band just doesn't work for them. I am one of them. I have done everything I can think of to make it work for me, but it won't. I can either live the rest of my life in misery, or I can get the sleeve and the opportunity to live like everyone else, but with less weight on me.

I have said from the day I joined these boards, the reason you don't see many long-termed bandsters post here is because they have reached their goal, their bands are working for them, they are out living their lives and don't need to come here anymore for support and advice. But, there are going to be a few of us who aren't so fortunate.

I believe you. I hate that your band "pooped out" for you, and I hope that the sleeve will treat you like you deserve, lol.

susan - if i had been a bit more savey WLS wise (like mac) i would have chosen the sleeve. the band is NOT easy , doesn't work for everyone.....and many issues come later on.

for me if i want to eat the foods i want to ; my ass has to be in the gym. however it's what i have - it works, if another complication comes up...i'm armed w/knowledge from here to handle my health better than most. while most who have posted complications have been slammed - i appreciate those posts; they fuel my already paranoia:)

ok, i cant even start to catch up.

life sucks right now. my best friend died yesterday (yeah, not a fun topic).. she had cancer and even though i was expecting it, im devastated... :* (

the only real joy i have in my life right now is my son ... who is currently farting on my husband.. *grin*

LJM, I am so sorry about your best friend. That is so sad, my thoughts are with you and her family.

Hey guys,

Oh no, I hope I didn't sound like I thought anybody here was anti-band. If I did, I apologize and want to clear the air that I never felt that way about ANYbody who is having troubles. If you have problems with it, you have problems. That doesn't make anybody anti-band.

Hope I didn't make you feel bad -- but I DO notice how many regulars here have been having troubles with their bands, and it does make me go hmm.

ok, i cant even start to catch up.

life sucks right now. my best friend died yesterday (yeah, not a fun topic).. she had cancer and even though i was expecting it, im devastated... :* (

the only real joy i have in my life right now is my son ... who is currently farting on my husband.. *grin*

Laughing at the baby farts, but SO sad for you about your friend! Omg, I know how you feel. My best friend died in 2003 after lung cancer, 3 months after he was diagnosed. Hardest thing I ever went through. My prayers and cyber hugs are with you, my friend.

Hey guys,

. First off, I am not anti-band. I am just anti-band for me.

You have to do what is right for your health. I pray it all goes well. Just don't forget us.

susan - if i had been a bit more savey WLS wise (like mac) i would have chosen the sleeve. the band is NOT easy , doesn't work for everyone.....and many issues come later on.

if another complication comes up...i'm armed w/knowledge from here to handle my health better than most. while most who have posted complications have been slammed - i appreciate those posts; they fuel my already paranoia:)

I agree with you Luluc. I have started reading about the sleeve. If I had known about it I might have gotten it. I love my band most days. I hate my band when I get stuck or it decides to become finicky.

I am sorry LJM. I can totally empathize with you. I lost my best friend about 18 yrs ago. Wow I didn't feel like it has been so long. It's never easy. Keep enjoying your family, cause they will help keep your mind off of it. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Wow, I did not know that. And I love catching Bones, whenever I'm able.

Ok, I will check them out. BTW, I work out to both Crystal Method's - the name of the game and prodigy's - smack my bitch up

I love "Bones"! Um "smack my bitch up"? niiiiiice.

So did I! I laughed hysterically for two days! My family thought I was nuts sitting there laughing at the computer.:blush:
It is a whopping 34 degrees here in Sunny Florida. I am not at all happy about it, but what can a girl do.

Ok, Facebook warning. If you ever post pictures that expose more of yourself than what you normally expose, beware of ex-boyfriends, former high school guy friends, and creeps coming out of the woodwork and filling up your inbox with suggestive messages because they are too afraid to post them publicly where their wives might see them. My old boyfriend was like, wow, why did I ever give those up. Not me, THOSE!! Other guys want to know why I never showed them off back then. Amazing.

Oh, and guys, I have news. I know some of you know I have been having a ton of problems with my band. I am getting converted to a sleeve!!

Susan - I can't believe that you haven't been cyber smacked talking about temps above 32 being cold!!

re: FB - and I even made a comment! :lol:

Congrats - I hope you cease to have probs! My doc isn't doing sleeves yet; he isn't sure of the LT pros/cons yet.

:) That happens to me quite often! I just get strange looks and I think DH is sometimes jealous of my computer time. (Well, now that football is over and he's actually noticing that I am on all the time.)

re: facebook - ABSOLUTELY agree with you there! Also, if you're going to pose nude, or have some odd pictures of your man parts in wet underwear, then DON'T put your current work location. GF at work and I went browsing through our company's fellow facebookers and found some disturbing pictures of some coworkers. YIKES!!!

You have to get him interested in baseball! :thumbup:

I heard some story about a guy calling into work saying his grandmother had died. Some coworker found a picture on myspace of this guy in a fairy costume at a Halloweenie party. He copied the picture into an email and sent to everyone incl mgmt in the dept saying, "I hope your grandmother's funeral went well." OMG :scared2:

Be careful of that furnace; you don't want to risk carbon monoxide poisoning.

Very good point. My great aunt was CM poisoned and was affected for the rest of her life. So I definitely have detectors in my house.

...But if I mention that to him it might light a fire under his butt.

Pardon the pun!

...my nails which have always been very strong are now getting brittle and breaking easily. My hair is also falling out. I had very thick hair so it still looks fine but at the rate it's falling out, I'm afraid I'll be bald before I reach goal so I really think I need to start supplementing.

Have you tried Biotin? ?

I used to wolf my food down, too before I got banded. When I was first banded, I quit eating after 20 minutes no matter what...

Ugh, I need to try that! Great idea.

LJM - I am so so sorry for your loss. I'm sure it was a blessing for her to no longer be in pain/suffering but it's just so difficult for the loved ones.

re: the fartmeister - that's hysterical!