Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

PJTP- I became a statistic of the economy last month. I didn't sweat it though. I did the opposite. I went to Kauai for 12 days right after being layed off then I shot off to Cali for another 6 immediately after Hawaii. I came back put in a resume and was hired 2 days later for the job.

Just got home from first day there and I LOVE THE NEW JOB! Yay me.... Gotta have a glass of wine and Celebrate.< /p>

That is great, Congrats. You are very lucky to find something so fast.

No she doesn't. She just says that because she thinks God would approve, but she certainly hasn't extended the offer now, has she?

Or better yet, start up a fund to help the grandmother not lose her house because of that ingrate. I don't see it happening...

ITA

Or like saying Beetlejuice three times in a row! Good point. :)

Yes, but you have to sit in the dark bathroom with lit candles and say into the mirror.

Ok so here is the whole scoop.

I left on 2/5 for the hotel in portland at 5pm. We left for the airport at 6am on 2/6. Upon arriving im lied to and told that the plane was delayed because pilots had to sleep. So now the plane would leave at 2pm.

We go back to the hotel... all 11 of us. We return at 2pm to find out that they lied! The plane flew in on 1 engine and that it was all over the news and wasn't repaired. Now we would have to wait till 1130 pm for the next flight... a red eye. There was no guarantee when we arrived what our connecting flight from Oahu would be either.. we were just told we would arrive in Oahu at 330 am.

We finally get to Oahu and have to wait till the 530am flight... another delay. We land in Kauai and make it to our rental house well after 7am. I had an appt for the license agent at 930 am, the cake was delivered and the wedding was at 430.. Omg what a day that was.

It's all over now its all about the honey moon. Jeez it was a mess but very happy now.

Again Congratulions to you! You are having a great past few months. The plane ride was even fortunate for you.

Plain, I know he smoked several, and I remember going to the pipe/tobacco shop with him, and he preferred a (don't take off points here for spelling--'k?) Merchaim????......something like that, maybe Mersham.....it had a slight downward tilt. I still have a couple of his pipes, and his cleaning tool....and a bag that had cherry flavored tobacco, and a bay rum or something. When I catch a whiff of that type of tobacco when I am out places, it transports me back in time!

I loved my Dads pipes!! He had the ash tray with the cork knob thing in the middle for tapping his pipe against.

I will ask him tomorrow while we are building a new fence to try to keep the kids out, about his other pipes.

He quit smoking them completely 28 years ago----as of May. When he had his first bypass surgery. He and I quit together! His pipe, my cigarettes. He stayed quit, I did not!!! Went back a couple years later, and smoked for several more years before finally quitting in 91.

Well this cold is kicking my a$$---I am off to bed. We drove almost 200 miles today to pick up a welder my DH was buying, only to get there, and they discovered the computer was wrong, and they were out of stock! GRRRRRR So 200 miles home, and both of us, as well as the granddaughter with us, were sick.....not a fun happy trip!!!

See y'all tomorrow!

Wow, that kind of sounds like stuff my Dad used to do. Only he didn't use "Tobacco".

Phew! I'm caught up.....! I go away for a while and can't get on cos LBT is down and I come back to a kajillion pages!

Welcome Back!!

It is a whopping 34 degrees here in Sunny Florida. I am not at all happy about it, but what can a girl do.

Ok, Facebook warning. If you ever post pictures that expose more of yourself than what you normally expose, beware of ex-boyfriends, former high school guy friends, and creeps coming out of the woodwork and filling up your inbox with suggestive messages because they are too afraid to post them publicly where their wives might see them. My old boyfriend was like, wow, why did I ever give those up. Not me, THOSE!! Other guys want to know why I never showed them off back then. Amazing.

Oh, and guys, I have news. I know some of you know I have been having a ton of problems with my band. I am getting converted to a sleeve!!

Yes, FB is real creepy.

Congratulations on your sleeve! If/when my insurance covers the sleeve, I'm all on board.

Pjtp...ugh my head and I have a new tattoo. I'm Glad I woke up in my own bed this am.. Goodnight I'm going back to sleep I have to work tonight.

Hi, you gotta post pics if you're gonna mention the tat. Bye!

PJTP...

Pjtp...ugh my head and I have a new tattoo. I'm Glad I woke up in my own bed this am.. Goodnight I'm going back to sleep I have to work tonight.

What luluc said - details, girlfriend, details! :)

I know some of you know I have been having a ton of problems with my band. I am getting converted to a sleeve!!

Yeah! I'm so happy with mine. Though be prepared for a few weeks when you are pissed you can't eat much. Not everyone goes through that, but a lot do. Including me. :thumbup:

(Ever since Wasa's threads I've been contemplating. She describes what I've been going through and I think I've been too stubborn to admit it.) :)

Heh, we're going to have to rename this place SleeveTalk.com if this keeps up.

Count me in. I am getting revised to the sleeve in the beginning of May. I am sick of the band and trying to find restriction. Restriction brings puking and I am tire of that too. I hope we are there at the same time, Susan!

PJTP...

What luluc said - details, girlfriend, details! :)

Ha you guys are bad..if I go there I want to be sober enough to remember every hot& nasty moment of it..so I can give u guys the play by play.

Congrats again on the sleeve, Susan.

Not to rain on the sleeve parade, but I'm still happy with my band. I don't think the sleeve will ever be an option for me as I am very allergic to metals and the staples used in the sleeve would probably cause an untreatable infection that would kill me. Here's to hoping for long term success with my band.

p.s. On that note, I'm going for my "refill." This time I'm going to ask them for just .25 cc. They took out .5 cc last time so I'm hoping this .25 cc will keep me at that magical "sweet spot."

Edited by Donna113

Ha you guys are bad..if I go there I want to be sober enough to remember every hot& nasty moment of it..so I can give u guys the play by play.

Aww, now...you're gonna make us wait, aren't you? :)

On that note, I'm going for my "refill." This time I'm going to ask them for just .25 cc. They took out .5 cc last time so I'm hoping this .25 cc will keep me at that magical "sweet spot."

I pray this is the one for you, Donna! I'm still feeling my way through my fill - it was my second, and my restriction is kinda weird.

bread is a no-no most of the time, but occasionally I can eat it. Raw veggies are going down really well - maybe because I consciously chew them a LOT - mostly baby carrots and cucumbers cause I like the crunch.

I think I'm making progress - the scale hasn't moved dramatically, but all my clothes are looser and I feel less winded than I used to. We'll see what consistency brings - I am also going to increase my rowing workout this week and see what happens...

Congrats again on the sleeve, Susan.

Not to rain on the sleeve parade, but I'm still happy with my band. I don't think the sleeve will ever be an option for me as I am very allergic to metals and the staples used in the sleeve would probably cause an untreatable infection that would kill me. Here's to hoping for long term success with my band.

p.s. On that note, I'm going for my "refill." This time I'm going to ask them for just .25 cc. They took out .5 cc last time so I'm hoping this .25 cc will keep me at that magical "sweet spot."

I am with you there Donna. I do feel bad for all of those who are having trouble with their bands. I am certainly having trouble losing weight, but I know it is not my band, it is my poor choices. Apparently 2 years later I still have not learned yet lol. But hey statistically I still have just under a year left to be at goal, right?

Aww, now...you're gonna make us wait, aren't you? :)

I pray this is the one for you, Donna! I'm still feeling my way through my fill - it was my second, and my restriction is kinda weird.

bread is a no-no most of the time, but occasionally I can eat it. Raw veggies are going down really well - maybe because I consciously chew them a LOT - mostly baby carrots and cucumbers cause I like the crunch.

I think I'm making progress - the scale hasn't moved dramatically, but all my clothes are looser and I feel less winded than I used to. We'll see what consistency brings - I am also going to increase my rowing workout this week and see what happens...

I almost got stuck again today on chicken. Last couple of days my band has seemed tight... or else it's just me. Not pleasant at ALL.

Not to rain on the sleeve parade, but I'm still happy with my band.

i'm satisfied myself, my only pet peeve is my port. it has annoyed me since day one, pain in the beginning due to surgery - then once i lost weight. it's overly exposed & tender during certain activities, including working out:wink:.

food - i can eat everything, dry meats & sushi rice are things i need to take my time with - but breads & everything else are no issue....beth, i just make sure the "dry meats" have some type of "sauce".

i'm satisfied myself, my only pet peeve is my port. it has annoyed me since day one, pain in the beginning due to surgery - then once i lost weight. it's overly exposed & tender during certain activities, including working out:wink:.

food - i can eat everything, dry meats & sushi rice are things i need to take my time with - but breads & everything else are no issue....beth, i just make sure the "dry meats" have some type of "sauce".

The pork chop the first night did have BBQ Sauce for dipping. The leftovers had none, but I don't think I'll be doing leftover pork again... ever! :)

The chicken today was a cashew chicken at the local cheap Chinese place. The meat is tender (I'm guessing dark meat, cat, of course, lol) and in a sauce. I wasn't sure if the first few bites I took weren't chewed enough, resulting in my problem. It could be as a coworker and I were talking, and I find I don't do as well this soon since surgery if I am with people and talking during meals.

bread has given NO trouble.

What worries me is that I'm tight enough to cause problems, but I don't feel "full" real easy. I don't know if this is normal this early in until I find my sweet spot.

What worries me is that I'm tight enough to cause problems, but I don't feel "full" real easy. I don't know if this is normal this early in until I find my sweet spot.

i didn't view restriction when i "couldn't" eat certain foods, rather feeling satisfied with my meals for longer periods of time.....and that did require many fills for me.

i could use a small fill right now because i can eat more than i have previously & the scale likes to go up/down the same 3-5lbs, depending on the day of the wk...

The doc didn't want to give me a fill today. He said that since I lost some weight even after he took out the .5 cc, he didn't feel I needed it. I told him 1 1/2 lb in 4 weeks does not constitute weight loss in my book and I needed just a little tweak. He said fine, but not before we do an x-ray to see my flow. So he took me to the x-ray room and said he liked the flow but would give me .3 since I felt I could handle it. He said he wanted his patients to have good quality of life and not be battling the band all the time. He told me if I had any problems come right back and he'll tweak it back out again. He's a sweetie.

I have no problems with any food so long as I remember to chew thoroughly. It's only when I "forget" that I get that stuck feeling. It usually passes within a few minutes and then I tend to not forget again for quite a while.

Once you start becoming more in tune with your band, you will have less episodes. I never had the "full" feeling in the first 3-4 months. It's only once I started getting true restriction that I've experienced the pre-band "full" feeling. I hope it will come to you, too. From reading some of the posts on LBT, it seems some never experience it, even those who've achieved goal and maintained it for over a year. We're all different so it only makes sense the band treats us differently.

On a related note, I asked my doc today how many of his long term patients have problems with the band and he said he's done over 4,000 bands and very few have problems. He says he's been doing the band for over 10 years and he still keeps track of many of them. I told him I was concerned because I read so many long term bandsters experiencing erosions, slips, scarring, etc. and he said that depends on the patients, their doctors and how much aftercare they receive. If a bandster is experiencing reflux or PBing, they should immediately go to their doctor and get it taken care of, it's when it's left too long that those problems arise. He also cautioned me against giving too much weight to those that post of their problems because he said the vast majority of bandsters do not have problems and if they are happy with the band and doing well, they tend to move on with their lives and not frequent weight loss forums. He said, as in every other facet of life, one is more likely to hear from unhappy, disgruntled people than those who are satisfied. That made me feel better and helped me put it into better perspective.

Edited by Donna113