Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any June 2018 Sleevers in Here?!

9 hours ago, Lisarocks said:

Awesome! I have to be honest after reading some of the blogs I started to double guess my decision… But I’m back on track. Thanks for the update wishing you a speedy recovery

Same here! I think I messaged n called my coordinator so many times with questions and concerns about the and stuff I saw online.

Ok I finally feel better enough to understand update. Right now there’s a lot of pain. I’m sipping 30 ml of Water about every 2 hours. And every cup with the exception of the first has made me vomit. The nurse said this is normal. But yo vomit hurts sooooo bad. I got up to walk about a half hour ago. That wasn’t bad. It actually relieved some of the gas.

June 1 here. Almost 3 weeks post op. Had some complications so longer healing time. Starting full liquids Friday for a week then on to puréed foods. Losing steadily. Really hard to keep hydrated. Very little hunger.

I've stalled. I need to stop weighing everyday. I do feel better; less light headed, a bit more energy. Ready to hit the gym, but I'm still scared I'll pass out. :-(

Edited by foxcblue

Finally getting to have my 30ml of broth. My throat being dry was the worst.

I’m so sorry you can’t keep anything down. They gave me some mint sponge thing to rub on my teeth, but it didn’t help the dryness.

good luck knelson and nettie1207 , may tomorrow be only the start of beautiful days for you. Update us when everything is done and you feel good enough.😛

12 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

good luck knelson and nettie1207 , may tomorrow be only the start of beautiful days for you. Update us when everything is done and you feel good enough.😛

Thank you

Hello! June 12th sleever here! I feel like I’m getting used to the restrictions of my stomach with liquids, at least, but I’m sure it’ll be a different story when I start on soft foods next Thursday. I’ve had a rough couple of days - partly because I’m still exhausted and I feel guilty that my poor kid has been stuck at home with me all week because a short trip to the store wipes me out every day. I’ve just felt kind of depressed the past couple of days but I’m sure it’ll start to get better.

Aside from that, I’m happy with my loss - 224 before the pre-op diet, 198.8 a week after surgery. Hope to meet some new folks here!

Hi all! I just found this forum. I had my sleeve on June 1, and have lost just over 20 lbs. I've moved from just Protein Powder and diabetic Boost to cream Soups and yougurt. (Cream of chicken Soup never tasted so good!) My problem is I can't get enough calories in or enough Water. I should be drinking 5 cups a day, but I can't get in more than 2. Every time I eat anything, or take my suppliments, I'm so full that I can't get even water in without a lot of discomfort. It's like I"m full up to my throat. So I'm great as long as I'm sitting doing nothing, but moving around makes me dizzy and weak. I'm not sure how I'll be able to go back to work if I can't figure this out. Any ideas?

I'm having lots of Protein powder, incuding a tablespoon in every 1/2 cup of soup, but it isnt enough. Yesterday I managed around 500 calories, but only 49 grams of protein...

I just saw my profile on the left - yes, my starting weight in the bariatric program was 310, but I was 285 on surgery day - so 20 lbs lost.

Edited by Kasrielle
adding info

Surgery tomorrow

5'7

215 lbs currently

Nervous and excited