Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any June 2018 Sleevers in Here?!

Hi. I am one week post op and similarly am handling liquids well. I had 8 oz Soup for dinner plus a half serving cream of wheat. So, yes. I think the trouble starts with solid food.

I started full liquids yesterday and I haven't had any trouble drinking an 11 oz Protein Shake or eating 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt, so I think we're both doing fine.
Same here. I'm working on week 2. It worried me also that liquids were so easy. I started to think they left my stomach to large LOL

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

Liquids easy here too. food for me starts Thursday!

I’m 12 days away from my surgery date!! My dr said nothing about a liquid diet prior to it.
Anyone else not doing a liquid diet?
All your comments are really helping my cope with my pre op jitters lol

Since you still have 12 days then you should call on Monday and verify. I had to do one and I’m glad I did. It helped me know what to do for afterwards. It is also good to help shrink your liver prior to surgery. Even if your doctor doesn’t require one, you can do it on your own. I would recommend it.

Thanks I will call and double check on that
I have been eating really light anyways

16 hours ago, Ribbit 12 said:

Same here. I'm working on week 2. It worried me also that liquids were so easy. I started to think they left my stomach to large LOL

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

From what other people have said on the forum, we don't really feel restriction until the soft food phase, when we're actually putting solids into our stomachs.

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum. Thanks for reading. :-)

I had my surgery in June 11th and I'm on my 6 day post-op today. I was already on full liquid diet on my day 3, as instructed by my dietitian. Clear liquid diet only during my 2 night stay at the hospital.

As of writing, I had low fat sugar free yoghurt, sugar free vanilla ice cream, home made chicken Soup(strained), almond milk Jello, potato and beef Soup (pureed) and Protein Shakes.

I'm been adding new item to my diet each day. This really helps me not to feel frustrated with my liquid diet and tame my savoury cravings. I'll be having egg soup for lunch today ( thanks to my wonderful aunt)

My 1st post op appointment with my surgeon and dietitian is on June 26. By then, my dietitian is hoping that I have started with scrambled eggs.

Summary:

Pain meds: Day 1 and Day 2

Glucose level pre-op: 9.5

Glucose level today: 6.4

Surgery weight: 244

Today weight: 224

Hey lovelies! Surgery day was June 6th and I am struggling with Protein Shakes. I can’t seem to get them down. Also cold liquids HURT. I have had some Greek yogurt and have had a few attempts at some cream Soups. I also had to try some cottage cheese due to a complication I had to take some super strong steroids for. Also is anyone else struggling with eating? I feel like I’m not as progressed as many of you. Tips??

@jsteen I was sleeved on 6/14 and I will be on Clear Liquids for two weeks. For me Water is the worst but the Protein broth with additional unflavored Isopure protein, Jello and premiere clear (sweet) are my friends at the moment. The importance at this stage is to get in as much protein as you can so you don’t get weak. Oh and propel goes down a little okay as well

2 hours ago, Jsteen said:

Hey lovelies! Surgery day was June 6th and I am struggling with Protein Shakes. I can’t seem to get them down. Also cold liquids HURT. I have had some Greek yogurt and have had a few attempts at some cream Soups. I also had to try some cottage cheese due to a complication I had to take some super strong steroids for. Also is anyone else struggling with eating? I feel like I’m not as progressed as many of you. Tips??

I went with Soups with broth as the base rather than cream/milk. While I could have dairy, I felt most satisfied with the broth base. Are you able to try a broth based Soup, something like chicken and vegetables (puréed). I add Protein Powder to all my soups.

Is it just cold liquids? Try room temperature or warmer drinks like tea, might be easier for you to drink.

I started purée today, I had some refried Beans, it was ok. I’ve mae some vegetable and lentil soup to take to work so I can get my Protein in. Dinners will be based on what the rest of the family is having, my husband does the cooking.

For everybody, I’m i day 3 and on ice chips.... my stomach cramps after every ice chip.... how long did the cramping last for you if you had any? Also did any other women get there menstrual cycle right after surgery? I’m on a BC patch and still got my cycle thought that was weird.

1 hour ago, MissB_fit_2018 said:

For everybody, I’m i day 3 and on ice chips.... my stomach cramps after every ice chip.... how long did the cramping last for you if you had any? Also did any other women get there menstrual cycle right after surgery? I’m on a BC patch and still got my cycle thought that was weird.

I actually started the day after surgery and I hadn’t had a cycle since December due to my PCOS. I personally think it’s from the blood thinners. But I’m with you there!

As for stomach cramping, I still get stomach cramping with cold liquids. I have to have room temp or warm still and I’m nearly 2 weeks out.

Yea, I thought it was weird too, my cycle came a week early and I'm on BC pills. But didnt have the bad stomach cramps from ice chips that you are experiencing. I hope the pain gets better quickly!

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app