Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any MAY sleevers???

Hey May Sleevers!

I am 4 days into 14 day liquid diet...surgery date 5/21....So exciting, but I have to tell you this liquid diet is brutal! I am doing well so far but it is hard. I think the hardest time of the day is morning into early afternoon. I keep on getting hungry so I have been drinking Water in between my shakes. In the evenings, I have been "treating" myself to sugar free water ice and jellos. Oh Boy! :) I don't know why but I don't feel the hunger as much in the evening so I can tolerate the late afternoon to bed time much better. How are you guys coping? Or how did you cope these 2 weeks?

Edited by Fabu1978

i had my surgery on the 7th at home now just resting. Was sent home with oxygen.

6 hours ago, jules1 said:

Hi, it definitely hurts to swallow but everyday you persevere drinking becomes more natural again. Start off with baby bird sips but very regularly. Find a position that works whether raising back of bed or even standing. I really liked icy Water myself or you might like apple juice. It is hard but I am a week out and can drink fairly smoothly and quickly now. I know Taoz felt better staying upright after drinking for a while whereas I was good sitting upright in bed. That band of pain that hits after drinking is completely normal and improves the more you drink. Don’t worry, you’ll get there😉

Thank you so much for your reply. I've been feeling really down about it all. Didn't expect the pain to be this bad or have this much trouble just drinking fluids. Haven't even started Protein yet, that's tomorrow. I tried some watered down G2 gatorade tonight and it's going down much easier than plain Water so hopefully that will continue.

4 hours ago, fabu1978 said:

Hey May Sleevers!

I am 4 days into 14 day liquid diet...surgery date 5/21....So exciting, but I have to tell you this liquid diet is brutal! I am doing well so far but it is hard. I think the hardest time of the day is morning into early afternoon. I keep on getting hungry so I have been drinking Water in between my shakes. In the evenings, I have been "treating" myself to sugar free Water ice and jellos. Oh Boy! :) I don't know why but I don't feel the hunger as much in the evening so I can tolerate the late afternoon to bed time much better. How are you guys coping? Or how did you cope these 2 weeks?

Im now on "clear liquid" and 2 days away from surgery. My husband made his dinner and it smelled amazing. I had to go in our bedroom and put my face in the pillow...I actually enjoyed eatting sugar free vanilla bean Jello pudding made with almond milk sprinked with cinnamon. It reminded me of drinking horchata. I complained about eating that, but now I really miss it.

15 hours ago, t1018ross said:

Thank you so much for your reply. I've been feeling really down about it all. Didn't expect the pain to be this bad or have this much trouble just drinking fluids. Haven't even started Protein yet, that's tomorrow. I tried some watered down G2 gatorade tonight and it's going down much easier than plain Water so hopefully that will continue.

Hi, I know what you mean. A couple of times during first 2 days after surgery I really started having a head freak out, thinking omg what was I thinking doing this to myself and my stomach. I had a few tears believe me. It can be really scary. We are all about the surgery date and getting operation but it isn’t exactly easy afterwards in many ways. I know I woke on day 4 feeling so much better and hopeful. Over the next week seeing the pounds start to fall away really helps too.

keep us updated on your progress.

29 minutes ago, Doxiemom65 said:

I got a date!! MAY 21!

Congratulations!

6 minutes ago, jules1 said:

Hi, I know what you mean. A couple of times during first 2 days after surgery I really started having a head freak out, thinking omg what was I thinking doing this to myself and my stomach. I had a few tears believe me. It can be really scary. We are all about the surgery date and getting operation but it isn’t exactly easy afterwards in many ways. I know I woke on day 4 feeling so much better and hopeful. Over the next week seeing the pounds start to fall away really helps too.

keep us updated on your progress.

I also went through the "What was I thinking?" phase. Which really surprised me considering how hard I worked to get this surgery done. A week out and actually feeling pretty good. Very little pain with no pain meds or Tylenol. Getting my walking in and all Protein Drinks and fluids. Just know it does get better everyone.

37 minutes ago, Doxiemom65 said:

I got a date!! MAY 21!

Happy for you!

Surgery was May 7...came home yesterday. Still sore but getting around a lot easier today. Started 2oz Protein Shake 3x a day today...that went down well...vitamins and meds went down well...I’m worried about drinking too much...and over filling my pouch and popping it...I over worry. I did try a sugar free popsicle earlier...just worried I’m not getting enough fluids.

On 5/2/2018 at 10:27 PM, Dubbs said:

After battling the insurance company I finally have my full approval. 👍🏻 My Surgery is May 7. Looking forward to the next phase.

SW 347

CW 312

GW 210

Well surgery was Monday. I had narcotic free surgery and I’m not sure I’d recommend it... My blood pressure spiked for a while after surgery so I was in recovery a few hours longer than expected. The pain (which I assume was gas) was brutal and constant. My need to be a tough guy and unwillingness to risk the use of narcotics may not be for everyone. I took two Valium and two of my nausea pills. Tylenol was a lifesaver. I feel pretty good now with just a little bit of pain and spasms and the typical incision pain. Currently just using ice for pain

CW 299

SW 310

HW 347

GW 210

Edited by Dubbs

4 hours ago, tera73 said:

Surgery was May 7...came home yesterday. Still sore but getting around a lot easier today. Started 2oz Protein Shake 3x a day today...that went down well...vitamins and meds went down well...I’m worried about drinking too much...and over filling my pouch and popping it...I over worry. I did try a sugar free popsicle earlier...just worried I’m not getting enough fluids.

I started setting a 20 min timer on my cell to remind myself to drink. I can’t believe how little I am able to drink

4 hours ago, tera73 said:

I totally get the sadness, I don’t know that I was expecting that. I go for a short walk at sunset every night and it helps to get outside and see something beautiful, and chat with my boyfriend. Also, variety in Soups for dinner helps not to get too depressed during this liquids phase. Keep your head up! Let me know if you want to chat more about it, you’re not alone!

HW 289
SW 262
CW ?
VSG 5/2/18 [emoji92]
Kaiser, Ontario - Dr. Chin

You are, my dear Baribetty, still gentling mourning the loss of the old status quo, but you're moving ahead👣 one trembling step at a time into the future. Oh it is going to be a great future, sweet bright and sunny but remember to release your grip on the past to grab on to the future💕😛

I was sleeved 5/9. Slowly making progress. . . . Abdominal binder and pain meds helpful. Just barely getting in all my fluids. Had some Protein yesterday, will try to get to goal today or tomorrow.

Excited to join the losers bench, but it might take me a week to walk over there!