Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any MAY sleevers???

20 hours ago, CCTXWIFE said:

Yes exactly. I’m calling tomorrow. I think they are just trying to be cautious but they expect him to been on this clear liquid diet for three weeks and it’s crazy.

I just had surgery on 5/11...Im on a mix of clear and full liquids. 3 weeks Clear Liquids doesnt sound right. Im on clear liquids because its hard for me to take anything down right now but im pushed to try and sip on Protein Drinks. Let me know what you find out...

Hi, I'm new to the site. I'm scheduled for May 21st! Very Nervous!

Just now, lorik402 said:

Hi, I'm new to the site. I'm scheduled for May 21st! Very Nervous!

You can do it! Be comfy at the hospital and excited about how life will be after. Im 3 days out from post op. Just FYI stock up on childrens chewable Mylicon (no gas-x what so ever!) and Mylanta. When you come home you will be in the right direction...Good luck!

4 hours ago, BGrundee said:

I just had surgery on 5/11...Im on a mix of clear and full liquids. 3 weeks Clear Liquids doesnt sound right. Im on clear liquids because its hard for me to take anything down right now but im pushed to try and sip on Protein Drinks. Let me know what you find out...

Yes, we went to the drs and isn’t cleared to start the phase two at 3 weeks. I know every dr is different but he’s been drinking the shakes since the next day and even was outpatient the same day.

Yes! I was sleeved on 5/2 and it's been a journey to say the least. I've lost 21lbs so far.

HW 356

CW 308

GW 175

I do plan on it after I lose more weight. I'm on zoloft and get the zaps if I miss a day. I've been on them forever so it will be nice to get off them.

Oh, the face zaps are terrible. I get those and really bad nausea if I miss a day. I don't necessarily like taking them, but I've been weaned off three times now and I'm fine for 6-8 weeks and then the anxiety and panic attacks set in. I think they make me a more functional, calmer person and quite frankly, just like bariatric surgery is a tool, so is Effexor. I can't imagine trying to get to surgery without being in my best mental state and for me, medication happens to be part of that. I have my consult with the surgeon today and will be starting my two weeks of whatever fun diet they tell me to do tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 5/14/2018 at 5:04 PM, BGrundee said:

I just had my operation on 5/11. The first 2 days was brutal and had to stay in the hospital an extra night. Be comfy, take your deep breaths, and walk so the trapped gas can pass...

I had a rough first night which meant I had to stay for a second, so I feel your pain! It gets better and better every day to the point where I barely remember how bad it was that first night. Okay, that's a lie, I can't forget that, lol, but it doesn't haunt me anymore lol! Best of healing and luck to you in the upcoming weeks. If we have bad hospital stays, we deserve easy recoveries!

Recieved my VSG on May 3rd. Its been hard going through the phase 1 stage liquids only. I go see my nutritionist in 2 days to be approved for next phase. I can't wait bc this liquid diet is difficult. The cravings are there but controllable.

Recieved my VSG on May 3rd. Its been hard going through the phase 1 stage liquids only. I go see my nutritionist in 2 days to be approved for next phase. I can't wait bc this liquid diet is difficult. The cravings are there but controllable.

I feel the same way!! I can’t wait to move past liquids. So boring.

HW 289
SW 262
CW ?
VSG 5/2/18 [emoji92]
Kaiser, Ontario - Dr. Chin

25 minutes ago, baribetty said:

I feel the same way!! I can’t wait to move past liquids. So boring.

HW 289
SW 262
CW ?
VSG 5/2/18 [emoji92]

I am on my pre op liquid diet 6 says .....so far good but the only thing is I get nausea 😵 from empty stomach and headache. I just cant wait for the next two more weeks after surgery 😮

I hit 2 weeks post op today and get to have purees and soft foods now (but no bread/rice/pasta). WOO FREAKING HOOOOO!!!!!! *does happy dance*

(commiserations to those stuck with liquids/purees only for longer periods... I loved my Soups, but was really craving stuff like fish and steamed broccoli!!!)

Tonight to Celebrate I'm having my parents and sister join us for dinner, and I'm cooking our family favourite poached Australian Salmon (bought a few fresh whole Aussie salmon from Cappos seafood yesterday). I expect I"ll only be able to eat a small portion of just fish... but it will be amazing... and I'll try to get in some steamed broccoli later for supper. The others will have mixed salad and special fried rice with their big portions of fish. It should leave me with plenty of fish for lunch and dinner tomorrow too :)

Oh, and apparently my belly shrank more overnight (possibly because Aunt Flo finally nicked off). These pants were still fitting loose on the legs but ok yesterday, this morning when I quickly put them on to do school drop off they almost fell down again! I'm going to have to retire these ones now too.

105kg on the scales and falling, 10 kilos lost pre op, and 6 kilos lost so far 2 weeks post op.

IMG_20180516_134054.jpg

I hit 2 weeks post op today and get to have purees and soft foods now (but no bread/rice/pasta). WOO FREAKING HOOOOO!!!!!! *does happy dance*

(commiserations to those stuck with liquids/purees only for longer periods... I loved my Soups, but was really craving stuff like fish and steamed broccoli!!!)

Tonight to Celebrate I'm having my parents and sister join us for dinner, and I'm cooking our family favourite poached Australian Salmon (bought a few fresh whole Aussie salmon from Cappos seafood yesterday). I expect I"ll only be able to eat a small portion of just fish... but it will be amazing... and I'll try to get in some steamed broccoli later for supper. The others will have mixed salad and special fried rice with their big portions of fish. It should leave me with plenty of fish for lunch and dinner tomorrow too [emoji4]

Hi Taoz!
I will hit 2 weeks post op tomorrow and can’t wait to get to the next food stage! Will you have to blend the fish? Or is it soft enough as is?
Great job on your weight loss! I’ve lost 14 pounds since surgery which is just about the same as you! My clothes feel more comfortable but nothing is too big yet, I’m looking forward to that!

HW 289
SW 262
CW ?
VSG 5/2/18 [emoji92]

15 minutes ago, baribetty said:

Hi Taoz!
I will hit 2 weeks post op tomorrow and can’t wait to get to the next food stage! Will you have to blend the fish? Or is it soft enough as is?
Great job on your weight loss! I’ve lost 14 pounds since surgery which is just about the same as you! My clothes feel more comfortable but nothing is too big yet, I’m looking forward to that!

HW 289
SW 262
CW ?
VSG 5/2/18

because this stage for me is both puree and soft foods, I won't need to blend the fish (although it has "salmon" in the name, Australian salmon is an oily white-fleshed fish which cooks very soft when I poach is with herbs).