Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any MAY sleevers???

WooHoo May Sleevers! Mine is 5/21!

4 hours ago, Taoz said:

I hit 2 weeks post op today and get to have purees and soft foods now (but no bread/rice/pasta). WOO FREAKING HOOOOO!!!!!! *does happy dance*

(commiserations to those stuck with liquids/purees only for longer periods... I loved my Soups, but was really craving stuff like fish and steamed broccoli!!!)

Tonight to Celebrate I'm having my parents and sister join us for dinner, and I'm cooking our family favourite poached Australian Salmon (bought a few fresh whole Aussie salmon from Cappos seafood yesterday). I expect I"ll only be able to eat a small portion of just fish... but it will be amazing... and I'll try to get in some steamed broccoli later for supper. The others will have mixed salad and special fried rice with their big portions of fish. It should leave me with plenty of fish for lunch and dinner tomorrow too :)

That’s great on your weight loss and now noticing it with clothing. I told my hubby to get me a gift card for Suzanne Grace for mother’s day so I can get a few size 14-16 clothes when I reach that goal. My current size 18 clothing will do till then I think. I am so jealous about the salmon. I hope you had a good evening and am curious how salmon went. Did you feel full quickly etc. I am sneaking teaspoons of cottage cheese and it’s getting me through the liquid stage. My nutritionist is calling me tomorrow for a phone consult and I am going to beg to include some soft diet instead of 4 more weeks of purée. I made moqueca- Brazilian fish stew for soft stage. It was quick easy and full of flavour(I tried the broth) plus kids loved it which makes meals easier. I’ve also made some dhal as it’s a soft healthy accompaniment for protien.

Have a lovely evening Jules1 and Taoz. That Brazilian fish stew sounds quite yummy, wish it could go through the atmosphere,over here to me!😝

Jules: the fish went down really well, but as expected only a tiny portion eaten very slowly and I was full :) my husband and sister both enjoyed two very large fillets each and second helpings of the special fried rice. My parents each had a single large fillet and one serve of the rice each. It was nice being able to cook for them again (as they really love the fish I cook).

7 hours ago, baribetty said:

Hi Taoz!
I will hit 2 weeks post op tomorrow and can’t wait to get to the next food stage! Will you have to blend the fish? Or is it soft enough as is?
Great job on your weight loss! I’ve lost 14 pounds since surgery which is just about the same as you! My clothes feel more comfortable but nothing is too big yet, I’m looking forward to that!

HW 289
SW 262
CW ?
VSG 5/2/18
Kaiser, Ontario - Dr. Chin

I'm two weeks post op tomorrow and have only lost 7 pounds since the surgery. Considering I've only had Protein Drinks, Water, V8 juice and some broth, I don't get it. ??? I'm walking 30 minutes every day. I go this afternoon to see doctor and nutritionist and praying they tell me I can begin my soft food phase tomorrow. Your fish sounds soooooooooooo good Taoz!!!

On 5/14/2018 at 5:15 PM, lorik402 said:

Hi, I'm new to the site. I'm scheduled for May 21st! Very Nervous!

My surgery is May 21 also! We got this. We deserve to be healthy.

13 hours ago, baribetty said:

I feel the same way!! I can’t wait to move past liquids. So boring.

HW 289
SW 262
CW ?
VSG 5/2/18 [emoji92]

Are you on full liquids or Clear Liquids still? I am also a kaiser patient and had vsg on the 7th, but I am on full liquids so I am more content than last week, lol.

3 hours ago, HopefullXOXOXO said:

I'm two weeks post op tomorrow and have only lost 7 pounds since the surgery. Considering I've only had Protein Drinks, Water, V8 juice and some broth, I don't get it. ??? I'm walking 30 minutes every day. I go this afternoon to see doctor and nutritionist and praying they tell me I can begin my soft food phase tomorrow. Your fish sounds soooooooooooo good Taoz!!!

I don't know, I think 7lbs in one weeks sounds pretty amazing! I think you really only see the big big numbers in people with a much higher bmi. My nutritionist told me to expect to lose 4 to 5% of my body weight in the first month. So that equals about 12lbs in 4 weeks.

I am having my gastric sleeve 5/23

Are you on full liquids or clear liquids still? I am also a kaiser patient and had vsg on the 7th, but I am on full liquids so I am more content than last week, lol.

Yes, at this point I’m having blended Soups but it’s still boring! I guess I just wish I could chew on something

HW 289
SW 262
CW ? (5/14= 248lbs)

VSG 5/2/18 [emoji92]

4 minutes ago, baribetty said:

Yes, at this point I’m having blended Soups but it’s still boring! I guess I just wish I could chew on something

HW 289
SW 262
CW ? (5/14= 248lbs)

VSG 5/2/18

Won't you be able to go to soft foods in a couple of days? It is really hard my family keeps eating all this delicious food in front of me and I still feel hungry, lol. My stomach has been growling and making all kinds of weird noises lately.

6 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

Have a lovely evening Jules1 and Taoz. That Brazilian fish stew sounds quite yummy, wish it could go through the atmosphere,over here to me!😝

Yes, the recipe was a good find. Even though I cooked healthy food for myself and family it was always accompanied by too much carb particularly potato. I am now trying out different recipes and will try and change my diet so I hopefully don’t regain at any point. I have found the surgery has given me motivation with this as I’m not starving all the time. I feel a bit more detached from food than before surgery I think.

I don't know, I think 7lbs in one weeks sounds pretty amazing! I think you really only see the big big numbers in people with a much higher bmi. My nutritionist told me to expect to lose 4 to 5% of my body weight in the first month. So that equals about 12lbs in 4 weeks.

I’d be thrilled with 7 pounds in one week. The 7 pounds I lost was over two weeks. Two other people here reported 14 pounds in two weeks. Considering I haven’t eaten in over two weeks, I really thought it would be more.

5 hours ago, Taoz said:

Jules: the fish went down really well, but as expected only a tiny portion eaten very slowly and I was full :) my husband and sister both enjoyed two very large fillets each and second helpings of the special fried rice. My parents each had a single large fillet and one serve of the rice each. It was nice being able to cook for them again (as they really love the fish I cook).

Yum salmon is my boys and my favourite. They love the crispy skin but poaching it sounds like a great idea for soft stage.

I had my sleeve done on 5/15. Being discharged from the hospital now. Everything went great and I’ve had minimal gas pains and incision pain. I may be in for some more pain in the next couple days but I can believe how great the whole process has been