Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any MAY sleevers???

19 minutes ago, amsandlin said:

Just had my surgery on May 15th!

Would love to support each other I had mine May 13th

I haven't had my sleeve yet but those that are struggling emotionally I think its completely normal. Both of my sisters have had it done and they said the first month is so hard because you think this is your new normal but its not. You will be able to go out to eat again and eat regular foods you just will be able to eat a lot less and you have to make smarter choices. I get jealous of my sisters because whenever we go out to eat they always have enough leftover for lunch and dinner the next day. They have learnt to really slow down and enjoy every bite. They are much more mindful when they eat. They don't eat much carbs but they still plan a carb indulgence once or twice a week.

Officially two weeks post op today and had a scrambled egg with little bits of lean ham and it was delicious with just salt and pepper. I ate v e r y s l o w l y and chewed way more than I ever have before, as I was told to do. I was in heaven.

I'm very surprised how well I'm doing 2 weeks out. I had sleeve and "complicated" hiatal hernia repair that itself took 1 1/2 hours in operating room. Only another 30 mins. for the sleeve. I'm mostly pain free, just a little once in a while. I did have heartburn earlier this week with a lot of intestinal gas that went away after a day. So far, I've only had one day that was emotionally difficult. Angry and crying. It was really about 1 1/2 hours but felt like a whole day.

I'm 65 and retired and a lot of my socializing is also around food. I made the decision to tell all friends and family (some after the surgery) I'd had the surgery. It was no shock to anyone I needed to lose weight. LOL! Almost everyone is very happy I did something to help myself and my health. The only people who seemed less than thrilled were others who were overweight. I told them all I won't be able to join them for about another month or so while I continue to heal and eventually I can join them but just have an appetizer or take most of my meal home for leftovers. No matter what, I have to take care of myself first.

I saw my surgeon yesterday and my incisions were glued with some fabric over them. The fabric has been slowly coming up off my skin. he told me yesterday it has to come off and to do it in the shower. It will come off easier when wet. This happens today.

I was VERY scared from the time I was approved and the surgery and, so far, everything I was afraid of didn't happen. From reading so many posts on this site, it seems we all go through this. I can't say for sure that you will have no complications but it seems unlikely based on all the posts I've read. So if you haven't had surgery yet, take a deep breath, shop and plan ahead so you have what you need post surgery and try to put things in perspective. Complication rates for the sleeve really are very low.

8 hours ago, ivastic said:

I'll be two weeks post op tomorrow. Seem to be mostly over the worst of it, most pain is gone, a little bit of reflux but very minimal and none the last couple of days. I've lost 9.1kg (20.1 pounds) since surgery and a total of 25.7kg (56.65 pounds) since I started my pre-op process which I started three months before surgery. I moved onto soft foods at the 10 day mark, and am on that for the next two weeks. It's not too bad. Definitely mentally tougher than I had anticipated, I'm fairly young (29) and eating out is a big culture here, so the idea of that being significantly restricted in future is still playing on my mind. Would love to meet more Aussies (especially Adelaide based) sleevers - if there are any here hit me up :)

I'm 65 and retired and a lot of my socializing is also around food. I made the decision to tell all friends and family (some after the surgery) I'd had the surgery. It was no shock to anyone I needed to lose weight. LOL! Almost everyone is very happy I did something to help myself and my health. The only people who seemed less than thrilled were others who were overweight. I told them all I won't be able to join them for about another month or so while I continue to heal and eventually I can join them but just have an appetizer or take most of my meal home for leftovers. No matter what, I have to take care of myself first.

Congrats, Hope you are recovering well. I am having my surgery on Tuesday May 22.

14 hours ago, baribetty said:

Yea! Starting tomorrow I can have puréed foods. Can’t wait!

HW 289
SW 262
CW ? (5/14= 248lbs)

VSG 5/2/18 [emoji92]
Kaiser, Ontario - Dr. Chin

Yummy. I can't wait to get to that stage!

Sleeved on 5/14... this is my first ever surgery so I am really not sure how well I am doing, although I still have pain, but not excruciating just uncomfortable.... I’m hoping this subsides within a few more days as I adjust and heal!

My surgery was Monday, May 14. The procedure itself was perfect but I ended up staying at the hospital until yesterday because I couldn’t keep even the tinest sip of liquids down. Thank God for IV’s!! My husband was sleeved 5 weeks ahead of me and my best friend was sleeved a year and a half ahead of me. They have been the most wonderful support system. Each day is better than the one before. I also love it that we can all support each other here. Each journey is different and great rewards are just around the corner.

3 hours ago, HopefullXOXOXO said:

Officially two weeks post op today and had a scrambled egg with little bits of lean ham and it was delicious with just salt and pepper. I ate v e r y s l o w l y and chewed way more than I ever have before, as I was told to do. I was in heaven.

I'm very surprised how well I'm doing 2 weeks out. I had sleeve and "complicated" hiatal hernia repair that itself took 1 1/2 hours in operating room. Only another 30 mins. for the sleeve. I'm mostly pain free, just a little once in a while. I did have heartburn earlier this week with a lot of intestinal gas that went away after a day. So far, I've only had one day that was emotionally difficult. Angry and crying. It was really about 1 1/2 hours but felt like a whole day.

I saw my surgeon yesterday and my incisions were glued with some fabric over them. The fabric has been slowly coming up off my skin. he told me yesterday it has to come off and to do it in the shower. It will come off easier when wet. This happens today.

I was VERY scared from the time I was approved and the surgery and, so far, everything I was afraid of didn't happen. From reading so many posts on this site, it seems we all go through this. I can't say for sure that you will have no complications but it seems unlikely based on all the posts I've read. So if you haven't had surgery yet, take a deep breath, shop and plan ahead so you have what you need post surgery and try to put things in perspective. Complication rates for the sleeve really are very low.

I also had the h hernia, which hadn’t been diagnosed pre op, so was a surprise for everyone. Glad your doing well.

3 hours ago, henabena said:

Yummy. I can't wait to get to that stage!

2 hours ago, JustinH said:

Sleeved on 5/14... this is my first ever surgery so I am really not sure how well I am doing, although I still have pain, but not excruciating just uncomfortable.... I’m hoping this subsides within a few more days as I adjust and heal!

Hey Justin, my surgery date was the 14th too. It was also my very first surgery. I have an outrageous headache but for the most part am having bearable pain. Anyone else dealing with headaches post surgery?

3 minutes ago, curvylady said:

My surgery was Monday, May 14. The procedure itself was perfect but I ended up staying at the hospital until yesterday because I couldn’t keep even the tinest sip of liquids down. Thank God for IV’s!! My husband was sleeved 5 weeks ahead of me and my best friend was sleeved a year and a half ahead of me. They have been the most wonderful support system. Each day is better than the one before. I also love it that we can all support each other here. Each journey is different and great rewards are just around the corner.

I was 5/15. Yesterday I was hating life and wondering if I'd made a horrible mistake but today I'm feeling somewhat better. I am just ready to go home - I traveled for surgery and want to be in my own bed!

1 minute ago, curvylady said:

Hey Justin, my surgery date was the 14th too. It was also my very first surgery. I have an outrageous Headache but for the most part am having bearable pain. Anyone else dealing with headaches post surgery?

I have a terrible headache too but I figure mine is caffeine withdrawal. :(

Hey Justin, my surgery date was the 14th too. It was also my very first surgery. I have an outrageous headache but for the most part am having bearable pain. Anyone else dealing with headaches post surgery?

I haven’t had much in pain as far as headaches go, I was super strict cutting out sugars and caffeine prior, plus I haven’t taken the prescribed pain meds, they made me feel way too shaky and off... I’ve just been taking Tylenol. My abdominal pain is bearable but hard to move like normal which is understandable. One day at a time, I’m hoping it becomes easier.

I was 5/15. Yesterday I was hating life and wondering if I'd made a horrible mistake but today I'm feeling somewhat better. I am just ready to go home - I traveled for surgery and want to be in my own bed!

I feel your pain Ally I was thinking the same thing, like what have I done to myself. However I’m trying my best to keep the one day at a time mentality and hope it serves me well.

Surgery Date was 5/14.

SW: 372

Weight before surgery: 358

Three days post op and I feel nasty, but getting better everyday.