Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any MAY sleevers???

26 minutes ago, Sleeved36 said:

I was sleeved 5/9. Slowly making progress. . . . Abdominal binder and pain meds helpful. Just barely getting in all my fluids. Had some Protein yesterday, will try to get to goal today or tomorrow.

Excited to join the losers bench, but it might take me a week to walk over there!

Congrats sleeved36! Just take it one day at a time. I was amazed at how much easier for me each day post op got versus the one before. By day three I was chomping at the bit to get home so I could DO STUFF. I actually discharged myself a half day ahead of when my surgeon wanted me to go (my team has a standard 3-4 night hospital stay, much longer then most I see mentioned in the US).

Me too

Booked & Paid for sleeve in France 16th May.

Can't wait. BMI 33 - looking to lose 20 kilos over year one. Then maintain it. ...

Good luck to all my fellow sleevers !

James

On 10/05/2018 at 9:20 AM, fabu1978 said:

Hey May Sleevers!

I am 4 days into 14 day liquid diet...surgery date 5/21....So exciting, but I have to tell you this liquid diet is brutal! I am doing well so far but it is hard. I think the hardest time of the day is morning into early afternoon. I keep on getting hungry so I have been drinking Water in between my shakes. In the evenings, I have been "treating" myself to sugar free Water ice and jellos. Oh Boy! :) I don't know why but I don't feel the hunger as much in the evening so I can tolerate the late afternoon to bed time much better. How are you guys coping? Or how did you cope these 2 weeks?

I was very lucky not to feel very hungry on my pre op diet, but I was able to eat a regular meat & veggies dinner and I think that helped a lot with still feeling fairly "normal".

I downloaded MyFitnessPal and started getting used to logging food daily, and became much more aware of how much junk food advertising is everywhere all the time (thankfully none of it felt tempting because the last time I had burger and fries months ago it was really crappy and off-putting)

I am currently in the second week of my two weeks post op liquids phase though, and although I liked the pumpkin and the cauliflower and cheddar Soups I had made, was feeling a bit bored with them the other day, so I made pea and ham Soup today (which tasted freaking amazing for dinner) and will be making some chicken and sweet corn soup tomorrow too. Because I'm really sensitive to MSG (and similar processed glutemates) I can't eat regular canned or powdered soups so I need to make anything I want using my from-scratch chicken stock. Frustrates me sometimes but at least I know my own soups are safe for me to eat (and usually far tastier than commercial options anyway). Once I get back on to more regular foods it won't be such an issue, as we mostly eat fresh meats and veggies.

Hey Everyone!

Still feeling better & stronger everyday. I was really afraid pre op that because I'm 65 years old this process would be much harder for me than someone younger but I haven't found that to be true post op. YAY!!! The only unusual thing I've noticed that I wasn't expecting is, at least at this time of healing, I'm colder than usual. I've always run hot. Suddenly now I'm running cold. It's soon to be summer here so the timing is good!

15 minutes ago, HopefullXOXOXO said:

Suddenly now I'm running cold. It's soon to be summer here so the timing is good!

Me too!

Freezing all of the sudden.

1 minute ago, Sleeved36 said:

Me too!

Freezing all of the sudden.

And my temperature is normal. It must be part of the healing process is all I can think. It's SO unlike me!!!

It's a nice change from being the fat sweaty lady :wacko:

Congrats !!! My surgery is on 05/23/18. Very excited :D

5 hours ago, Sleeved36 said:

I know what you mean? In Australia at Christmas its 30plus degrees I would be the one at the family gathering in a long maxi dress struggling with heat all day and everyone else would be in lighter little sun frocks able to go for a swim in the pool to cool down whenever they wanted. Next year I am going to be one of those people jumping into pool with kids instead of watching enviously from sidelines

5 hours ago, Sleeved36 said:

I didn’t immediately feel cooler with operation unfortunately and I always feel over-hot. In Australia at Christmas its 30plus degrees I would be the one at the family gathering in a long maxi dress perspiring, red faced and struggling with heat all day and everyone else would be in lighter little sun frocks able to go for a swim in the pool to cool down whenever they wanted. Next year I am going to be one of those people jumping into pool with kids instead of watching enviously from sidelines

4 hours ago, jules1 said:

I didn’t immediately feel cooler with operation unfortunately and I always feel over-hot. In Australia at Christmas its 30plus degrees I would be the one at the family gathering in a long maxi dress perspiring, red faced and struggling with heat all day and everyone else would be in lighter little sun frocks able to go for a swim in the pool to cool down whenever they wanted. Next year I am going to be one of those people jumping into pool with kids instead of watching enviously from sidelines

Are you still running hot now Jules? Canberra must be getting really cold by now?

Adelaide has gotten very chilly now and I'm now laughing at hubby wanting to open the sliding door to let a little colder air in because he's finding it too warm with the gas log fireplace on all day... And me saying noooo don't let the cold in! My kids hated me needing the air conditioning on a lot in moderately warm weather, cause I'd be sweating and they'd have to put a jumper on! So far my hands are feeling much colder, and I'm needing my jacket on if I go anywhere outside.

I just got approved today and have surgery scheduled for May 21st. I’m a former lap-band patient. Now getting sleeved. I’m extremely excited but scared at the same time. It all just got very real very quick.

On 5/9/2018 at 8:50 AM, Blondietex said:

Mine has done this as well. He said I was doing so well on my Paleo/Whole 30 diet for the past 3 months, he didn't think I needed to do the week or two pre-op liquid diet. Just Clear Liquids the day before.

I'm scheduled for a 5/23 date, and I have decided to do a more Keto diet for the week before the surgery just to be safe.

I'm having the last of my planned "food funerals" this weekend. I had Pasta with homemade pesto with 2 slices of really, really good sourdough bread last Friday night, 1 glass of Bailey's on ice last night, and this Friday I'm having homemade pimento cheese on Wonder bread with BBQ kettle chips. Weird choices, I know, but that's what I came up with when I thought about what I truly wanted to have that I may not be able to have again (or for a very long time).

I totally get it. I love pimento cheese. My surgery is June 20 and I'm just about to die with anticipation.

Got mine done yesterday! Other than some vomiting it wasn't too bad. Stomach is handling these fluids ok for now. Was so excited to finally have water!