Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April surgery buddies

My surgery is Monday April 2nd. Did my pre-op this week, spoke to the nurse and anesthesiologist, that was mildly unpleasant. I didn’t realize I would have a tube down my throat and placed on a breathing machine, or a catheter and to make it better, the nurse told me once I’m in the OR both arms will be strapped down then I’ll be put out and then she tells me I will be prepped my gown will be removed and they will scrub from under my breasts to my knees. When I asked why my knees are be scrubbed in I was told that’s standard practice. Ugh, so just thought of me laying there naked and being scrubbed down by multiple people gives me anxiety. Then she also tells me there are 6 people total in the room. Makes me feel sick just thinking about I too. I’m sure somebody is going to say something rude while I am laying there naked, there are half a dozen people in there. I have to focus and remember I can can do this.

Well, I knew about most of the things you mentioned with exception of being scrubbed down to my knees. I wasn't aware of that tidbit of info. Don't let any of that bother you, girl. I say let em look, we're all getting upgrades soon🤗. I always ask for my catheter after I'm knocked out...super uncomfortable. My surgery is April 3rd....and I say lump it and let's focus on recovery instead.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

When my day[emoji414] comes, and I pray it is soon, I hope I share your sense of humor. Mind you. I will be planning to check for excess fingerprints [emoji252]on my sweet bod, 5-7 tiny[emoji380] slits ,that will be ok. But no handprint[emoji112] and I may dust my lady parts for fingerprints also. Scrubbed to the knees, hmnn, I hope the surgical soap comes in gallon jugs, because I do cover fairly large acre-age. Maybe they had better use a bar- b -que brush or better yet a paint roller. If they charge my insurance by the square inch,the bill[emoji412] just went up. And they had better have sufficent anesthesia, I don't like being cold and being nekkid as a newly hatched jaybird could just wake me back up! My son could tell them "she gets cranky,[emoji58]when she's cold!" I will probably never forget that day and before they are through with me they may not either.[emoji541] If you feel the earth moving and shaking about that time, it is not the New Madrid Mo. Fault shifting, it's just ME.[emoji117][emoji14][emoji118]And alas 6 other people will know whether I'm a redhead all over or not![emoji57]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

14 hours ago, Gabs21 said:

April 10th.....liquid diet starts tomorrow!

Me too but I am already on liquid- we can be buddies!

8 hours ago, TeresaSFL said:

My surgery is Monday April 2nd. Did my pre-op this week, spoke to the nurse and anesthesiologist, that was mildly unpleasant. I didn’t realize I would have a tube down my throat and placed on a breathing machine, or a catheter and to make it better, the nurse told me once I’m in the OR both arms will be strapped down then I’ll be put out and then she tells me I will be prepped my gown will be removed and they will scrub from under my breasts to my knees. When I asked why my knees are be scrubbed in I was told that’s standard practice. Ugh, so just thought of me laying there naked and being scrubbed down by multiple people gives me anxiety. Then she also tells me there are 6 people total in the room. Makes me feel sick just thinking about I too. I’m sure somebody is going to say something rude while I am laying there naked, there are half a dozen people in there. I have to focus and remember I can can do this.

Teresa-

It is certainly undignified but remember- the woman who laid down for this surgery isn't the one who will wake up. I am on the 10th though I am having a lap band removed as well and all those things were done for my last surgery as well. Just remember they are doing everything for your safety so your recovery will be faster and with no problems. Only one more day until the new Teresa wakes up from surgery and her whole life changes!

Best of luck!

Hey! Same here, my surgery is April 2nd and I’m having my lap band removed as well and a gastric bypass completed. It can be scary but you will wake up knowing that you’ve started your new journey to a healthier you. It’ll all be worth it!

As the song says "It's the Final Countdown", pick yourself up, pack your little tote, and smile[emoji12]The Day of Destiny[emoji93] is almost here! Blessings on all both far and wide[emoji106]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey, I actually just got my surgery about a week ago. It's been a challenge with the big change but so far it's been worth it. I have lost some since. I'm looking forward to see how it goes from here on out before I make my... I guess "official judgment" on how I feel. Wishing you the best for yours

oh hell,im having surgery tomorrow but they dont put a catheter in,i hope im not getting scrubbed dwn to the knees then.i pictured being partly covered up & not strapped dwn.i did know about the breathing tube.now im gonna have nightmares.well i guess it is what it is,glad i lost 12 lbs so far on 1 wk clear liq preop.well the best of luck to all the april 2nd people,may God bless us & bring us thru safely.