Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April surgery buddies

Hi MACPOWER! What variety of surgery will you be having? Where will you be having it at? And lastly, can we help you with any questions? We're a nice group of people, world wide, and we love to help others. My name on here is frust8, I got peeved one day , said I was frust8ed and they took me at my word. I am 72, yeah you heard right,live in Central Ohio, 14 miles from the Geographic Center, and will,be having a RnY bypass at OSU Wexner Medical Center in Columbus, my state capital.May maybe? Red headed spunky and sassy at times but I'm in it to win it like everybody else. I have a BMI of 46-47, nice weight for a redwood tree, might heavy for a human female, had an eureka moment, I'm not going to live much longer in this tired obese worn out shell without surgery, diets tried-well everything up to near starvation, did not work for long if all all. So here I am , Bariatric God/grandma to many but basically a Buckeye Good Ole Girl. Now sit down, pull up a chair and tell me your side of things[emoji12]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Hello! Well I’ll be having the Sleeve done on April 11th. Here in the Cornhusker State of Nebraska. I live in Lincoln, Nebraska. I’m 36 years old. I’m honestly embarrassed to say but I’m an ex-football player and a Certified Personal and Strength Trainer. These days I do more Strength training and power lifting. Iv alway been about muscle and power! But wasn’t good about taking good care of myself when it came down to overall health with my body fat. It was a lot easier to tell someone how and what to do than to tell myself. So now I’m tipping the scales at 475 lbs. I still go to the gym everyday and lift weights...but I just can’t seem to kick the eating all the time problem. So I sat down with my wife and kids and parents...and we decided that this surgery would be a great thing for me. Sometimes I feel bad because Iv been giving a great deal of opportunity’s in life with fitness and the knowledge of fitness, but when it comes to food...ITS MY Kryptonite! So I believe this surgery will do wonders for me and my family.

Oh and on top of my weight. Because of my weight I have diabetes, sleep apnea, high blood-pressure, etc, etc. So all those are another factor of my health that I’m having this surgery.

You are in servitude to the Grehlin monster, he also claimed me as his Own. You are going to be sooo envious of me, I sleep every night under a Nebraska Cornhuskers microfleece blanket. Yepper you heard me right! You see I worked 11+years at. Local WallyWorld, most of them in the Fabrics and Craft Department. When we were ordering in various fleeces, we are "traited " that's a WW term meaning we carry for the most part area teams Cleveland Browns and Indians, Cincinnati Bengals and Reds Pittsburgh Steelers only because a former manager was a fan , normally that's no fartther west than Athens Ohio, and the Ohio State Buckeyes. In one order what should come in but a nice fat bolt of Cornhusker fleece! Now there or one or two families in my town who are transplants and we gradually sold it down. Before it all could go bye bye I bought the tail end , made it double thickness crocheted a cream border around it and use it. Stop drooling,if we ever meet in person I'll make you a gift of it, until then it's MINE all MINE! And every time Nebraska is televised I drag it to the living room and wrap up in it.See I know your colors are crimson and cream just like OSU's are scarlet and gray. That's why it has a cream border.Did you play for Nebraska and if so, what year?[emoji458] Oh I think we might just turn out to be friends.[emoji12]PS I have sleep apnea, GERD and have had arthritis since 25. I was double jointed as a kid, do you know double jointed people have 85% chance of early onset arthritis? Truth! I have had 2 knee replacements, one in 2014 one February 2017, a plate in upper right arm from humeral FX and lost my right thumb carpometacarpal joint to surgery October 2016. Just like a Timex Watch I take a licking and keep on ticking. Happy [emoji301]Easter!

WOW! That’s Awesome! What a cool story! There are always connections some how and some way in this world. Yes I played football for Nebraska 2000-2005. I red shirted my first year which gave me the 5 years.

I had partial shoulder replacement 7 years ago. With 3 shoulder scopes before that. At that time I was about 150 pounds lighter. But that surgery was my downfall. I gained a ton of weight after it.

I am an only child ergo I had to be Daddy's little bud as well as Mamma' s little Princess. So I am very sports savvy. Someone told late hubby You're lucky she likes sports. He said says Nope she times everything for halftime,throws it on TV trays, says Eat Quick, I don't want to miss the game either. We got married at 6:45 on a Saturday night. Why that time? Well you want to get married when the clock hands are going up and besides OSU was tipping off against Michigan at 8:30pm, that gave time for the wedding, reception and most people back home for the basketball game to start. I missed it because I was on my wedding trip with John and I was young and in [emoji177].

That’s awesome! When my wife and I got married 10 years ago, we got married on football Saturday! But I made sure it was an out of town game. We got married in the afternoon and had our reception afterwards of course. Nebraska was playing that evening, so I had already set up a projection screen in the back of the wedding party facing the opposite wall. So me and all my football groomsman could still watch the game. Hahaha! Well it turned out that most of the 300+ people there also wanted to watch the game. So we just turned it into part of the entertainment!

I’m about to be in the middle of of my two week liquid diet. Oh this is torture! The only part of it that doesn’t bother me is the Protein Shakes. Iv been drinking Protein shakes almost everyday for 20 years! So I’m used to that. It’s the not eating all the food that I normally eat that’s crazy. But to be honest...it’s getting better. I now step on the scale and it blows my mind what Iv lost in just almost a week. And my hunger pain is starting to go away.

Football joke for you Macpower! Football coach is driving along road in the country. Sees a farm boy working in the field along the road. Stops the car, tosses the boy a football and says "Son can you pass this?" Boy turns it over and over in his hands, says"
Sir, if I can figure out how to swallow this, I'm sure I can pass it!"
You're Welcome

HaHaHaHa!!!! That’s pretty good!!!

today is the day,all the waiting,wondering,& anticipating & it’s finally here.having my vsg at 10:15,wish me luck.will update u later.goodluck to everyone else having surgery today!!we got this,right?

Good luck today! You'll do great!!! Hope you have a speedy recovery :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app