Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Gastric Bypass Group

Maybe try a bit of salmon? I could do tuna and salmon on week 4 which helped with that "full" feeling as you always lead with your Protein. Scrambled eggs are also good for that fuller feeling.

Let us know how you tolerate them - just remember to go slow I made a mistake once with scrambled egg and a small bite of toast - apparently didn't chew it enough and couldn't eat another bite. It was not fun - just forgot for a moment to slow down and chew chew chew chew chew (like 29 times!)

I tried Salmon last night and it came back up. I have tuna but now I’m scared to try it. Do you think chili with no Beans will work?

I made my egg casserole muffins. Made a variety with mixing up ingredients oh ham, cheese, onions, peppers , mushrooms, and spinach.

Did good with eating this slowly.

I made my egg casserole muffins. Made a variety with mixing up ingredients oh ham, cheese, onions, peppers , mushrooms, and spinach.
Did good with eating this slowly.

I tried scrambled eggs and it didn’t sit well at all

Good Morning MGBG'ers! I hope everyone is doing well. I am just having my Breakfast - a little bit of scrambled egg with cheese. Delicious! I did face a moment of "uh-oh" as I was eating and writing this - I think I swallowed a bit of not properly chewed scrambled egg and thought I was going to get sick. I had to get up, walk around, stand very straight and breathe. It has passed now and I am slowly chewing and eating a bit more - but ~whew~ that was close! Remember to slow down - don't get distracted (I'm talking to me now *grin*)

I've attached a face picture from pre-surgery and from today. I can see the difference in my face thinning out. A bit more definition in the cheek bone.

Also, they say you lose weight in your back first - so here's mine pre and 30 days post (down 37 pounds). I can definitely see the difference here. At my SW, I was wearing a size 20 - now I'm in a size 14 and can buy clothes in the "regular" misses section versus the plus size. But I do admit, it's a hard habit to break :)

Roxine.jpg.450631938766f4ef067f93d073350229.jpg

1 Month GB.jpg

Back pre-GB.jpg

Back post-GB down 37 pounds.jpg

On 4/7/2018 at 10:13 AM, LakeishaNicole said:

I tried Salmon last night and it came back up. I have tuna but now I’m scared to try it. Do you think chili with no Beans will work?

Hi - just checking in - sorry I missed this message. I can't do any meat products yet - not until week 7. If eggs and salmon aren't working - maybe hummus? Can you tolerate soft vegetables? I really like cauliflower mash. Are you still doing Protein Shakes? (each doctor is different) - but if not, and you're not able to tolerate most Proteins right now, I would call your doctor/NUT and see what they say.

I hope you are doing well!

Awesome so happy for you, I bought shadybook Turkey meatballs, omg delicious they come cooked already just heat it up. Also I boiled some cabbage and mixed it with the meatballs. Mouthwatering! By the way you look great in picture [emoji16].

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hello new to this group and just getting into the end of my third week post-op, it’s scary at times but I’m adjusting. Everything is new eating, drinking and not eating[emoji31]I don’t feel hungry at all.

Hello Wonderful People! I had Revision to RNY on March 30, 2018. Long surgery with a sticky Lap Band port to get out, but all went well. 2 weeks Post Op today and feeling really good! I feel blessed! Healing well. All bodily functions are up and running smoothly. Walked the dog 20 minutes the last two days. Napping every day and resting as needed. Getting in all the right stuff. Tracking all my liquids and Proteins. First Dr. visit today and I am down 12.5 lbs from surgery date - very encouraging. He moved me to "mushy" foods and I was able to eat tuna salad for lunch and ground beef mixed with hummus for dinner today. No discomfort at all, but feel super full. I chewed everything very thoroughly. They said I could eat 3-4 oz per meal. Hoping my body will give me good, clear signals when to quit because I don't really have that yet. I need to SLOW way down so that I don't overeat and get sick - I can see that after today- but eating too fast has always been an issue for me. MUST conquer it or suffer. Will begin tomorrow taking a bite and then counting down at least 30 seconds before another bite. Oh, and I have had a counseling intake. Will be seeing a counselor who specializes in Eating Disorders. I want to fix my head along with my body so that I can reach my goal and not regain. Such huge changes. SO glad to have this forum to read and learn and share!

So happy for you. You are doing great. I really have to concentrate to slow down too. I bought some small spoons and forks to take small bites....chew, chew, chew.... I put the spoon down and sometimes count or watch clock. I take note of time started and use that to judge if I’m eating too fast. It’s a process.

Edited by Francess

5 hours ago, callahanm said:

Hello new to this group and just getting into the end of my third week post-op, it’s scary at times but I’m adjusting. Everything is new eating, drinking and not eatingI don’t feel hungry at all.

Hi, welcome!

I’m at Week 4. I can relate to not feeling hungry. Now that I am eating food I feel full especially in the morning. At the time couldn’t wait to be off liquids, but it was easier😉

Now that I am adding more foods that I like it is getting better. Trying to get all my Protein from food but it takes a lot of planning.

Getting a variety is hard since I can only eat a little bit. Trying to buy food that my husband will eat before it goes bad. I also would love to have some veggies or fruit but my protein fills me up.

Trying to get into a routine.

Hello fellow MGBG-ers!

I've been out on travel for work so haven't had time to post any updates. Big NSV this week - had to fly to Tennessee - I not only fit into the seat comfortably (not "hanging" over and impinging on my neighbor and feeling uncomfortable the whole time trying to lean away from him/her) - but the seatbelt FIT! It not only FIT - but i had to TIGHTEN IT!!!

OH IT FELT SO GOOD!

This morning I weighed in at 220 pounds - which according to my Baritastic tracking ap lowers my BMI to 38! (Although my ticker here still says 39, so I'm assuming it's like 38.9 - but it's still 38 and heading down!)

This was the first trip I have made since January - where I was at my high weight - so people definitely noticed and commented. We did a lot of tours with a lot of walking with a lot of uphills/stairs/in and out of small spaces - and I never got winded nor had to rest nor fell behind. My energy level was great!

We also did a construction tour where we had to wear reflective vests for protection. The last time we were there - I remember distinctly - we posed for a picture and the vest they gave me wouldn't zip so I left it hanging open. This time it zipped up and I had room to spare!

Also we did a tour of a lab and they said we had to wear lab coats - one of the guys was handing them out and said "here you go - you look like a medium" - I was VERY nervous because I'm used to being at least a 1X or 2X - but I put it on and it snapped up! It was snug - but not tight - and didn't pull at the snaps - so I wore it proudly :)

Lots of eating out for business meals - but I made excellent choices the entire time. Luckily a lot of restaurants now offer small plates, so it's easy to order something right sized for me where it's not apparent I'm only eating about 1/6 of what a normal person would.

I also steered clear of wine - which is also a bit part of the social aspect of business meals - and just ordered Water.

A great trip - today's a great day - and I am going to remain committed to the plan until I reach my goal!

I hope everyone is doing well -

Roxine

Hi Roxine. good to hear you and the MGB clan are all moving along with their post surgery diets and lives. As the rest of us move closer to,put own dated we look up to you March-ers, you are our newest group of veterans, we want to hear of your struggles and victories when they are stll so fresh in your minds and lives. Keep the pathway swept so we can join you soon, and we will. ❤ Your Spring 2018 buddies and friends.😜

Awesome job Roxine!! I know exactly what you mean about airplane seats! My last trip was miserable. On the flight back home we didn’t have a jet bridge to board the plane, we had to go outside on the tarmac and walk up the stairs! That was bad enough and then it was a smaller plane that had no leg room and I had the lovely “let’s keep trimming this frayed seat belt” so that was a struggle to get buckled. As a 300+ guy, it was misery. Lol. Now for the fun stuff. I met with the dietician on Monday for the first time to see what it was all about (the one I had preop was a twig that just talked at me and contradicted herself.) during the preop class right before surgery, there was a different dietician who seemed to know her stuff well and actively engaged with our questions, I emailed her to see if I could get an appointment and she set it up. All I can say is “wow!” I’m so glad I went in to see her before starting the “normal eating phase” she gave me so many great tips. The first thing she said was “never eat fat free cheese. That’s garbage” lol. She wanted me to up my fat intake and aim for 80 grams of Protein. She also encouraged me to get my walking up to 10k steps and suggested I join the gym at work since they have free training. I was so motivated when I left I came hone and hopped on the treadmill to get my 10k and 2 days later joined the gym. Yesterday I did something I never dreamed I would do, participated in a Pilates class! It was hard and I couldn’t do all the moves, but I did the best I could and it felt amazing. Also had my training session after work yesterday and got my personalized plan and learned how to properly use all the machines. Today my body hates me, but it’ll have to get over it because I’m about to go hiking! I’ve lost 26 since surgery and 48 total. I can’t believe the energy I have now and how I wake up before the alarm now. So glad I did this!

On 4/21/2018 at 10:35 AM, jldoublee said:

Awesome job Roxine!! I know exactly what you mean about airplane seats! My last trip was miserable. On the flight back home we didn’t have a jet bridge to board the plane, we had to go outside on the tarmac and walk up the stairs! That was bad enough and then it was a smaller plane that had no leg room and I had the lovely “let’s keep trimming this frayed seat belt” so that was a struggle to get buckled. As a 300+ guy, it was misery. Lol. Now for the fun stuff. I met with the dietician on Monday for the first time to see what it was all about (the one I had preop was a twig that just talked at me and contradicted herself.) during the preop class right before surgery, there was a different dietician who seemed to know her stuff well and actively engaged with our questions, I emailed her to see if I could get an appointment and she set it up. All I can say is “wow!” I’m so glad I went in to see her before starting the “normal eating phase” she gave me so many great tips. The first thing she said was “never eat fat free cheese. That’s garbage” lol. She wanted me to up my fat intake and aim for 80 grams of Protein. She also encouraged me to get my walking up to 10k steps and suggested I join the gym at work since they have free training. I was so motivated when I left I came hone and hopped on the treadmill to get my 10k and 2 days later joined the gym. Yesterday I did something I never dreamed I would do, participated in a Pilates class! It was hard and I couldn’t do all the moves, but I did the best I could and it felt amazing. Also had my training session after work yesterday and got my personalized plan and learned how to properly use all the machines. Today my body hates me, but it’ll have to get over it because I’m about to go hiking! I’ve lost 26 since surgery and 48 total. I can’t believe the energy I have now and how I wake up before the alarm now. So glad I did this!

jldoublee -

What a great report! And I agree with you about the increased energy. I can't sit for too long, always have to keep moving - feel so great in my clothes (everything's loose) and this weekend I actually bought a t-shirt and a zip up sweatshirt in a Women's Medium!!

You are FAR ahead of me on the workout train. I'm still mainly walking. But I do need to increase my strength training. You have inspired me to begin moving some light weights and resistance bands tonight.

Down another pound over the weekend - though I was afraid my salt intake was too high and that I might be retaining Water. (Was out of town and ate out every meal) I made good choices, but in looking back, noted that a lot of my Proteins were very high in sodium content.

Keep up the good work - and keep checking in! Happy to see my BMI is down again...so close to laying on that beach...

On 4/12/2018 at 10:54 PM, callahanm said:

Hello new to this group and just getting into the end of my third week post-op, it’s scary at times but I’m adjusting. Everything is new eating, drinking and not eatingI don’t feel hungry at all.

Welcome to the group! How are you doing now? I really don't have much of an appetite either - sometimes I have had head hunger - but not true hunger. I do, however, eat 3 meals per day regardless.

You should set up a ticker to monitor progress. Sometimes it feels like it's so slowwwwwww - but when you look back at where you started, you realize how far you've come!

I can't believe I'm down 44 pounds! I'm OVER 1/3 OF THE WAY THERE! 16 more pounds and I'll be half way to goal!