Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Gastric Bypass Group

Had my 3 month Surgical check in on Monday, all my labs were good except my Vitamin D levels. I've been using PatchMD Patches for almost all of my Vitamins, so the fact that all except D were good, is promising for these patches. I have my 3 month nutritional check in tomorrow.

Hi Roxine thanks for sharing your journey, I was also sleeved on March 5, I am down 44 pds so far. I am now experiencing hair thinning and it makes me wanna cry:(

10 hours ago, JerriB said:

Hi Roxine thanks for sharing your journey, I was also sleeved on March 5, I am down 44 pds so far. I am now experiencing hair thinning and it makes me wanna cry:(

Make sure you are taking your Vitamins every day. Also, check in with your Dr./Nutritionist to see if there are other things you can do. I may be experiencing it, but I have a very thick head of hair, so I haven't noticed too much.

Congratulations on the weight loss!

17 weeks post-op Stats

Weight Loss - 68 pounds

BMI - starting 46.2 - Today 34.2

Clothes - went from a Size 20 to a Size 10 today (wearing a pair of 10 petite ankle pants at work today!)

Here is a Face 2 Face comparison from pre-surgery to this weekend (was at a baseball game in 98 degree weather - so forgive the hair :) ) as well as a full body shot - pre-surgery to last week - (dress size 20 pre-surgery, size 12 last week)

Calling all March Gastric Bypass-ers - post your stats! How are you doing?

profile-image-display.png

4 mos F2F.jpg

Pre-surgery 1.jpg

4 mos.jpg

Awesome job!! I’m 6 days shy the 3 month mark. Down 70 total, around 50 since surgery. I suppose I can release the nasty bathroom selfies to the world. Lolimage-0.00298023223876953.thumb.jpg.f48d3988d97e43a2f17ef5a5425792b5.jpg
Pre-op weight 470
Surgery weight 461 - 3/7/18
Current weight - 371
Goal weight - under 300

Have lost 100 lbs since pre-op appointment. By the numbers that is not too bad for just 4 months but I have so far to go and have already stalled (about 10 days now). I must confess that I have been snacking between meals and have not been able to stop. I'm hoping when I go back to work (teaching school) and am not home most of the day that it will be easier. My Snacks are all healthy but they are additional calories. Have been exercising pretty faithfully but notice that that seems to increase my hunger. Pictures next time - if I can find a pre surgery pic.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using BariatricPal mobile app

Checking in - 19 weeks post-op - 74 pounds down - from a size 20 to a size 10 (comfortably).

How are you guys doing?

I also had surgery March 5 and I am 51 pds down, SW 236 CW 185. I have 20 more to go and I am at a stall right now but not gaining. I am experiencing Hair loss and I wanna cry, hopefully it will be over soon. Congratulations to you Roxine🎉🎉🎉

Checking in - 19 weeks post-op - 74 pounds down - from a size 20 to a size 10 (comfortably).

How are you guys doing?
Awesome Roxine, March 9th was my surgery date 19 weeks post-op - 90 pounds down
From size 20 to a size 10/medium a little loss 20180720_192123.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

17 hours ago, JerriB said:

I also had surgery March 5 and I am 51 pds down, SW 236 CW 185. I have 20 more to go and I am at a stall right now but not gaining. I am experiencing Hair loss and I wanna cry, hopefully it will be over soon. Congratulations to you Roxine🎉🎉🎉

Great job JerriB! I am experiencing hair thinning as well - Used to have a thick head of hair, now it's very wispy.

This will pass. I'm trying to increase my Protein intake and I'm going to start taking a prenatal Vitamin as well. The hair will grow back. It's just a trauma reaction to the rapid weight loss and change in diet. I'm considering extensions or a wig if it continues to fall out - but for me it's a small price to pay for recapturing my health :)

We will get through this. I have 46 more pounds I want to lose to reach goal.

12 hours ago, dsapeg69 said:

Awesome Roxine, March 9th was my surgery date 19 weeks post-op - 90 pounds down
From size 20 to a size 10/medium a little loss 20180720_192123.jpeg

You look Great! Your arms look a lot better than mine do - please share any exercises you may be doing :)

5b57462ca9c08_2011to2018.thumb.jpg.c4b9133b9bd08ca91eec98be99e8d292.jpg2011-2018.jpg.b75a30635bac2c7b42620091695b464d.jpg

From 370 in 2011... to 240 (today) Photos taken around 243-5lbs.

Wish I went with the bypass way back in 2011... wasting 7 years with the band was such a mistake!

You look Great! Your arms look a lot better than mine do - please share any exercises you may be doing [emoji4]
Yoga, is my best friend, lol for arms I do lots of light weights with lots of reps, don't get fooled my arms still needs lots of work and legs, inner thighs are very soft, have to work on that too.

Checking in...first time secure enough to post a before and after (I have very few before pics). Down a total of 110 since Jan 1st, down 75 since surgery March 7. Went from a Lane Bryant size 28 to a LB size 14. I’m going to need to find a new store!!!

(And I got the new job where no one knows the former 300+ lb me)...

I now spend all my free time at Taylor Swift concerts because I have nothing but energy! I may even try the pit for a show in September since I can stand for hours and no longer spend extra money flying first class or buying an extra ticket to fit comfortably in a plane seat!

FCEEC26D-6D9A-4CA7-9C0D-3C53FD1C9C5F.jpeg