Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Gastric Bypass Group

Good Morning MGBGers!

I just passed 4 weeks post-op and can now start incorporating more strenuous exercise into my routine! This weekend, my family and I went on a 5 mile bike ride and a 3 mile walk. It felt good, although I was tired that evening.

I also started taking Calcium with Vitamin D along with my standing regimen of Protonix, Multivitamins, and Vitamin B. food intake has been progressing nicely. I've yet to experience any regurgitation or vomiting - though I did struggle one morning when I think I forgot to chew slowly and was only able to take a couple of bites of scrambled eggs before I felt stuffed.

I am waiting for 30 days post-op to take a new photo - figure I'll do it at 30, 60, 90, 120, etc - to represent a true month's worth of losing. I kept the same outfit I took before pictures in so I'm looking forward to seeing changes.

In overall weight loss, I'm down 34 pounds. In sizes, I was previously in a size 20 and now can fit comfortably into a size 14. I actually shopped in a "regular store" and was able to purchase some large sweats/t-shirts and they fit comfortably. So changes are happening all over my body. I can now put on my husband's shirts (Men's large) and they look cute - loose and comfy - and he no longer gets upset because I no longer stretch them out - now he likes me to wear them...

My shoe size has gone down 1/2 size. Was in an 8 at SW and now in a 7.5. I used to wear a 7, so it will be interesting to see if I get back to that size or if 7.5 is sufficient.

My incision scars are looking much better - I've finally gotten rid of all of the tape residue and with my decreasing belly size, they are disappearing before my eyes :)

People are definitely starting to notice and make comments. And while this can put me in an uncomfortable head space - I'm learning to smile and say thank you and not over analyze hidden agendas or intentions (particularly with men).

I'm averaging 450-550 calories per day, 30-40g Protein and around 40 net carbs. My sugars are typically below 10 and I'm meeting my 64oz of Water intake per day.

Calling all March Gastric Bypass Peeps - How are you doing?

Good Morning MGBGers!
I just passed 4 weeks post-op and can now start incorporating more strenuous exercise into my routine! This weekend, my family and I went on a 5 mile bike ride and a 3 mile walk. It felt good, although I was tired that evening.
I also started taking Calcium with Vitamin D along with my standing regimen of Protonix, Multivitamins, and Vitamin B. food intake has been progressing nicely. I've yet to experience any regurgitation or vomiting - though I did struggle one morning when I think I forgot to chew slowly and was only able to take a couple of bites of scrambled eggs before I felt stuffed.
I am waiting for 30 days post-op to take a new photo - figure I'll do it at 30, 60, 90, 120, etc - to represent a true month's worth of losing. I kept the same outfit I took before pictures in so I'm looking forward to seeing changes.
In overall weight loss, I'm down 34 pounds. In sizes, I was previously in a size 20 and now can fit comfortably into a size 14. I actually shopped in a "regular store" and was able to purchase some large sweats/t-shirts and they fit comfortably. So changes are happening all over my body. I can now put on my husband's shirts (Men's large) and they look cute - loose and comfy - and he no longer gets upset because I no longer stretch them out - now he likes me to wear them...
My shoe size has gone down 1/2 size. Was in an 8 at SW and now in a 7.5. I used to wear a 7, so it will be interesting to see if I get back to that size or if 7.5 is sufficient.
My incision scars are looking much better - I've finally gotten rid of all of the tape residue and with my decreasing belly size, they are disappearing before my eyes [emoji4]
People are definitely starting to notice and make comments. And while this can put me in an uncomfortable head space - I'm learning to smile and say thank you and not over analyze hidden agendas or intentions (particularly with men).
I'm averaging 450-550 calories per day, 30-40g Protein and around 40 net carbs. My sugars are typically below 10 and I'm meeting my 64oz of Water intake per day.
Calling all March Gastric Bypass Peeps - How are you doing?

Sounds like you are doing wonderful!!!

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

On 3/28/2018 at 8:56 AM, frust8 said:

Keep some Smooth Move Tea on your in-case shelf. I think everyone should have one of those, mine is a small plastic tote I keep under my bedside table, I have a box of Smooth Move tea, Miramax & M..O.M so far in there, I'm sure a few more things will be going in there. I lurk and listen what had worked for other people doing their journeys and I've learned a lot already.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

THANK YOU for this tip! It worked (probably too well - hahahaha) this weekend. Of course, I probably over did it - I think I drank it 3 mornings in a row - and boy did it clear out everything. I felt 10 pounds lighter :)

Will now only use it perhaps once per week - as needed. But highly recommend if anyone is struggling with Constipation or having irregular bowel movements.

On 3/14/2018 at 9:23 PM, Roxine said:

Also placing liquids in smaller cups reminds you to sip slowly. No gulping allowed :) With gulping not only are you taking in too much Fluid but you’re also introducing air into your pouch. And we don’t have much room in there!

I like to take Metamucil, and it looks like this is something that a lot of folks here are taking post-op. But you've got to mix it with a glass of Water and gulp it down within seconds, otherwise the Metamucil clumps up in the glass. How is it possible to drink Metamucil post-op when you can't gulp water or take in much of it at a time? Is this something that you can't do immediately post-op, but can do after several months?

10 hours ago, gr8ful1 said:

I like to take Metamucil, and it looks like this is something that a lot of folks here are taking post-op. But you've got to mix it with a glass of Water and gulp it down within seconds, otherwise the Metamucil clumps up in the glass. How is it possible to drink Metamucil post-op when you can't gulp Water or take in much of it at a time? Is this something that you can't do immediately post-op, but can do after several months?

I switched to BeniFiber post op because it mixes clear with water...drinking it now 😊

Today is my official 30 days post-op - I am down 36 pounds since the start of my journey, 26 pounds in the 30 days post-op. My BMI is now BELOW 40! (Okay, it's 39.9, but that's still below 40 :) )

I have increased my cardio, walking every single day at least 20-30 minutes at a brisk pace. I have added in other activities - bike riding, light weights, core work - and can really feel and see the difference in both my body and energy level.

I will be taking pictures over the next several months every 30 days and will put out a before/during/after collection once I have reached maintenance.

I hope everyone is doing well - looking forward to hearing your success stories as we walk this path together.

Roxine

Today is my official 30 days post-op - I am down 36 pounds since the start of my journey, 26 pounds in the 30 days post-op. My BMI is now BELOW 40! (Okay, it's 39.9, but that's still below 40 )
I have increased my cardio, walking every single day at least 20-30 minutes at a brisk pace. I have added in other activities - bike riding, light weights, core work - and can really feel and see the difference in both my body and energy level.
I will be taking pictures over the next several months every 30 days and will put out a before/during/after collection once I have reached maintenance.
I hope everyone is doing well - looking forward to hearing your success stories as we walk this path together.
Roxine

I’m 3 weeks out and really want to try some other foods. Any suggestions

Today is my official 30 days post-op - I am down 36 pounds since the start of my journey, 26 pounds in the 30 days post-op. My BMI is now BELOW 40! (Okay, it's 39.9, but that's still below 40 )
Roxine

14 hours ago, LakeishaNicole said:

At three weeks I was allowed to add soft foods - scrambled egg (i could eat about 1/2 of it), Yogurt, Loose oatmeal, and loose mashed potatoes. It was nice to have something with texture after being on fluids for so long. What does your plan call for at 3 weeks?

2 hours ago, Roxine said:

At three weeks I was allowed to add soft foods - scrambled egg (i could eat about 1/2 of it), Yogurt, Loose oatmeal, and loose mashed potatoes. It was nice to have something with texture after being on fluids for so long. What does your plan call for at 3 weeks?

I can do soft foods and slowly introduce some solids. really whatever my stomach can tolerate. I hate oatmeal but I've had grits and they are fine. I just want something and some meat. I feel as if I'm not really getting full or eating enough.

2 hours ago, LakeishaNicole said:

I can do soft foods and slowly introduce some solids. really whatever my stomach can tolerate. I hate oatmeal but I've had grits and they are fine. I just want something and some meat. I feel as if I'm not really getting full or eating enough.

Maybe try a bit of salmon? I could do tuna and salmon on week 4 which helped with that "full" feeling as you always lead with your Protein. Scrambled eggs are also good for that fuller feeling.

Let us know how you tolerate them - just remember to go slow :) I made a mistake once with scrambled egg and a small bite of toast - apparently didn't chew it enough and couldn't eat another bite. It was not fun - just forgot for a moment to slow down and chew chew chew chew chew (like 29 times!)

9 hours ago, Roxine said:

I’m on week 3.

I had a really good veal meatball with cheese and sauce at lunch with friends yesterday (it was an appetizer and only actually ate 1/3 of it).

I made a casserole my mom makes with thin slices of potato, zucchini, cheese, sliced meatballs, a sprinkle of bread crumbs, and pizza sauce. It was great! (I froze 10, 1/2 cup servings for later)

I had some left over Easter ham ( that I didn’t get on Easter because I was still on purée ). Cut small and chewed a lot.

Just had tuna with a little bit of miracle whip.

I’m having 1/2 cup or less for meals and really chew and wait between bites. It takes me about 30-45min. to eat. No issues so far. Getting at least 75oz. + each day but not always making 100oz. Goal.

My plan calls for all food and no shakes at 3 weeks but I have had 1 each day to make sure I get Protein till I figure out more meals where 1/2 cup will give me enough protein. Actually today with 3 meals I am over 80 protein.

Tomorrow I am making a ground chicken Pizza Crust (mix ground chicken with cheese and Italian spices, roll thin, bake then add toppings and bake another 10 min.) pizza that I tried pre surgery and my husband likes it too. I put veggies, cheese, and sauce on top.

I also want to make the egg casserole muffins with a variety of cheese, meat, veggie fillings and freeze for a quick snack.

Greek yogurt has been a good protein source, plus I add some Protein Powder to it without changing flavor.