Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's the best protein bar?

I like the RXBar...they're dense, but they don't have the awful chalky taste of many that I've tried. They usually have 12 to 14 grams of protien per bar.

It really depends on your needs. If you are very active in the gym, want to maintain or add muscle, keep your hair, and have strong nails; you need a Protein Bar that is 100% whey Protein. Depending on how hard you hit the gym, you may want to keep the carbs in the protein bar. Insulin promotes protein synthesis. Whey protein has the highest bio-availability. If you are vegan; soy, pea, and hemp protein are probably going to be your primary protein source. They will work, but you will only get about half of that in bio-availability.

All that being said, if you find a perfect mix of carbs and protein, they don't mean a thing if they taste like crap. So the best protein bar is the one that you will actually eat.

Edited by BigViffer

I'm not saying it's the best because you may not like it after trying it but I bought the Special K ones. chocolate and Peanut Butter. I eat those but only less than half usually because they make me full fast.... And there's 20 something grams of carbs in it so if you're watching your carbs, I wouldn't try to eat the whole thing in the same day.

----------------------------

HW- 273

Pre-op Wt- 230

SW- 226

CW- 186

GW- 130

Ht- 5'2.5"

DOS- April 26th, 2017

"Only those who try will become." ~FFX

My favorites are Quest, Oh Yeah and Think Thin high Protein.< br>
Sent from my XT1585 using BariatricPal mobile app

Quest bar for sure. I love those. 20g of Protein and only 4 carbs.

I usually get mine from iHerb

I really got sick of Protein Shakes and bars fast, but discovered a wafer type "protein crunch", they taste good! There is more fat than most, but I will eat them...

On 7/4/2017 at 8:08 AM, Meryline said:

Quest bar for sure. I love those. 20g of Protein and only 4 carbs.

I usually get mine from iHerb

1 minute ago, lulubellhatfield said:

What brand would you reccomend

Sent from my SM-S320VL using BariatricPal mobile app

Look at the post I quoted ☺️

Quest is tasty, but the absolute best one that I've found is Supreme Protein. It really tastes like a candy bar and 30g of protein!!71gLPeUZxcL._SL1500_.jpg

Think Thin

I just tried a half of a Quest bar tonight. So good! Something different than a protien shake to meet protien requirements!!

Mine I tried is 170 cal and 20 g protien and low net carbs. Half is all I need for a snack. So good!!

image.jpeg