Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lost 40 pounds in two weeks

PicsArt_08-25-01.05.03.jpg
( please excuse the picture of me my underwear I just really wanted to see my stomach without the baggy pants I had on) this is no way a before and after because I'm not done with my after at all this is definitely a during

Don't compare me to a chart, your journey, his journey, her journey, what your doctor said.. What you read.. Anything! I lost the weight and that's that.. And it's only the beginning!

Sent from my Z981 using BariatricPal mobile app

This is not about what is realistic. It is not the OP to tell others what to expect.
Your first comment was " its unrealistic" no weldone or congrats. I think saying you were happy for her in the original comment not after she called you out.
You can not put the responsibility on the OP if people do not know realistic outcomes.
You want many to succeed but not those who lose like the OP? Only those who lose slower or more average get a weldone?
I am a believer that all deserve a weldone, 1 lb or 40lbs. But that is just me.
Bringing one down to prove to others this is not usual? I think its clear it is not average and you should trust that people can research themselves.
Even 28lbs in 2 weeks is unrealistic FOR ME. I do not go round commenting such on each weightloss post lol.
I am off this post.
Have a nice day. Maybe you can say weldone next time aswell as inform people of the 'average'.
WELDONE OP We are all working at it , and no matter how small or how big we all deserve a congrats on this journey

Thank you!! Thank you thank you!! That's all I was saying I felt like I was being put down on something I worked for, especially by someone who doesn't know me at all. But it's all good, in six months I will post my unrealistic side by side

Once again, for the THOUSANDS that read these posts and are looking into Wls, 40 lbs in 2 weeks is almost unheard of... (and it turned to 28 lbs in 2 weeks and 3 days ).
The 28 lb amount seems more realistic for the many who are trying. Even those who lose 5 lbs in a week should be happy .
I'm just a 10 year post wls realist who wants many to succeed, but be healthy and realistic of the outcomes.

I do not think the original poster is being nasty, she is being told she has her dates wrong and all sorts. I wont be posting my victories on here, id react the same if i was ripped to shreds just because your 10even 20 years in the game doesnt mean they know it all lol

I'm not here to make someone believe what's realistic or not so I'm supposed to downplay my journey or not post my victories just for someone else to believe was realistic or not? Come on now that makes no sense.. you want realistic go to your doctor and get a chart you don't go on a site and look at other people and judge them.

You look fabulous. Keep up the great work!!

You know, Dr. Matthew Weiner talks about "super responders" to the surgery. Perhaps we are seeing one now!

http://drmatthewweiner.com/how-much-weight-will-i-lose-after-bariatric-surgery/

19 hours ago, chynadoll619 said:

Thank you!! Thank you thank you!! That's all I was saying I felt like I was being put down on something I worked for, especially by someone who doesn't know me at all. But it's all good, in six months I will post my unrealistic side by side

Dont have to thank me! I would have felt exactly the same, and I would have reacted less diplomatically so she is lucky it was not my picture she was commenting on or it would have ended differently lol. Keep up the good work! I hate all this bitchy competition thats covered up with " hey I'm a vet" I do not care vet or newbie gives no one the right to come on someones thread and make it some kind of campagn for their view that is not what this post is about, she could have rolled her eyes and created her own post lol :) You are inspiring :)

That is what the forum is. A mixture of everyone's views. Everyone is entitled to their opinion....

I can see it has only been weeks you have been here and I think you will see that people post their own ideas and experiences.

Many people read these and that is why the information needs to be realistic....

Losing 40 lbs in 2 weeks sounds like a tv commercial... and though it was true, 3 days later there was a 12 lb gain. That needs to be clear for others looking into wls results. Imho

Excuse me? And how? I hope your and MD

Hi Chynadoll619, just wanted to put my two cents in now that I am 1week post-op lol. Ive been following this thread for awhile and it realy hurt me that you were getting bashed for your results appearing to be "unrealistic". I wanted to wait before I commented because I wanted to make sure I had facts to back up my comment. So I just wanted to tell you that I am definitely experiencing the same experience as you with the lbs just melting away [emoji4]. It does seem unrealistic but girl lol it is very realistic. I have lost 20lbs and I'm only 1 week post op. Keep in mind none of this 20lbs of weight loss came from my pre-op diet. I didn't loose any weight on my pre-op diet witch I didn't understand. But any way I couldn't loose that much in one month so loosing this much in just one week is crazy to me. Like you have mentioned in prior remarks everyone's body is different which means everyone's weight loss is going to be different. In God's eyes NOTHING is unrealistic. So with that being said keep your head up don't let know one discourage you from your journey, and I wish you much more success. You go girl [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

50 all together counting pre op diet, my doc was shocked.. I am to yesterday was my birthday.. And my weight loss was my greatest gift!!.. I sent this pic to my mom she was so shocker my face has slimmed down alot!!/& I have a neck now lol happy Snapchat-1380492349.thumb.jpg.62793bf9b7ad6444e7cda4c2ed427944.jpg

Congrats!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 7/2/2017 at 9:39 PM, chynadoll619 said:

To be honest, I was in pain the first week, after that I was totally fine.. The site where they pull your stomach out hurts the most

My doc said they stitched a muscle there. That's why it hurts. It took about two weeks to stop hurting.