Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lost 40 pounds in two weeks

No need to get nasty! She isn't comparing your losses to her journey, she's comparing your losses to all those journeys she has heard about in a decade.
40lbs in a month is crazy-high loss rate.. and yours was twice that! It's not surprising for people to be skeptical.
The body only seems to be capable of burning off 1-2lbs a day of fat. Your loss of almost 3lbs a day didn't seem possible.
But, like I said, I suspect a bunch of it was Water weight (and especially since 12lbs came back on.. that was definitely water).. so 40-12 = 28lbs/14 days= 2lbs/day, and that is still super high, but within expectations.
70lbs over 2 months is just over a pound a day.. fabulous! And quite believable.

I'm not being nasty.. & if I am I'm not trying to come of as such, I'm happy I'm losing my weight finally & it's staying off for once in my life & then some one comes at me like "that's not right" no way my efforts won't be put down!! I don't like when someone is trying to tell me.. About me, how could anyone correct me on that. Alot of people on here like to talk to people like there doctors or Like they know it all.... And quick to want to correct someone's journey.. I'm not going for it. But again can't compare my journey to a million that's been heard in a decade.. Everyone is different that's all I'm saying, I'm not the only one to lose fast won't be the last, But it is very possible ....

Sent from my Z981 using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you berry.
I'm happy for anyone that sheds weight. It is so difficult in this society .
I hope others don't feel it is as easy for them. Most people absolutely cannot lose 28 lbs in 2 weeks... but I am happy you did and you kept going.... nothing good in life is easy as my mom would say
Success feels great to everyone. Even if it is 5 pounds!

On 08/08/2017 at 7:29 PM, Julie norton said:

Very unrealistic

That is very rude why post at all? I am 7 weeks out and 28lbs down. Yes unrealistic for me to lose that amount but do not feel bitter when someone does. It depends how much you have to lose etc, she is working hard so why be rude?

On 23/08/2017 at 4:42 AM, Julie norton said:

Thank you berry.
I'm happy for anyone that sheds weight. It is so difficult in this society .
I hope others don't feel it is as easy for them. Most people absolutely cannot lose 28 lbs in 2 weeks... but I am happy you did and you kept going.... nothing good in life is easy as my mom would say
Success feels great to everyone. Even if it is 5 pounds!emoji486.png

You did not seem happy. its quite discouraging to see negitive posts on posts that should be full of support, we all know people lose at different rates, she should not hide a way because she is one of the ones who experiance rapid weightloss.

On 20/08/2017 at 1:48 PM, Berry78 said:

No need to get nasty! She isn't comparing your losses to her journey, she's comparing your losses to all those journeys she has heard about in a decade.

40lbs in a month is crazy-high loss rate.. and yours was twice that! It's not surprising for people to be skeptical.

The body only seems to be capable of burning off 1-2lbs a day of fat. Your loss of almost 3lbs a day didn't seem possible.

But, like I said, I suspect a bunch of it was Water weight (and especially since 12lbs came back on.. that was definitely water).. so 40-12 = 28lbs/14 days= 2lbs/day, and that is still super high, but within expectations.

70lbs over 2 months is just over a pound a day.. fabulous! And quite believable.

I do not think the original poster is being nasty, she is being told she has her dates wrong and all sorts. I wont be posting my victories on here, id react the same if i was ripped to shreds just because your 10even 20 years in the game doesnt mean they know it all lol

You did not seem happy. its quite discouraging to see negitive posts on posts that should be full of support, we all know people lose at different rates, she should not hide a way because she is one of the ones who experiance rapid weightloss.

Once again, for the THOUSANDS that read these posts and are looking into Wls, 40 lbs in 2 weeks is almost unheard of... (and it turned to 28 lbs in 2 weeks and 3 days ).
The 28 lb amount seems more realistic for the many who are trying. Even those who lose 5 lbs in a week should be happy .
I'm just a 10 year post wls realist who wants many to succeed, but be healthy and realistic of the outcomes.

6 minutes ago, Julie norton said:

Once again, for the THOUSANDS that read these posts and are looking into Wls, 40 lbs in 2 weeks is almost unheard of... (and it turned to 28 lbs in 2 weeks and 3 days ).
The 28 lb amount seems more realistic for the many who are trying. Even those who lose 5 lbs in a week should be happy .
I'm just a 10 year post wls realist who wants many to succeed, but be healthy and realistic of the outcomes.

This is not about what is realistic. It is not the OP to tell others what to expect.

Your first comment was " its unrealistic" no weldone or congrats. I think saying you were happy for her in the original comment not after she called you out.

You can not put the responsibility on the OP if people do not know realistic outcomes.

You want many to succeed but not those who lose like the OP? Only those who lose slower or more average get a weldone?

I am a believer that all deserve a weldone, 1 lb or 40lbs. But that is just me.

Bringing one down to prove to others this is not usual? I think its clear it is not average and you should trust that people can research themselves.

Even 28lbs in 2 weeks is unrealistic FOR ME. I do not go round commenting such on each weightloss post lol.

I am off this post.

Have a nice day. Maybe you can say weldone next time aswell as inform people of the 'average'.

WELDONE OP We are all working at it , and no matter how small or how big we all deserve a congrats on this journey :)

Edited by dreamingsmall

Ok, I'm sorry I used the term "nasty". I really try to avoid these conflicts that always seem to arise out of misunderstanding the written tone anyway. So I apologize.

It is understandable that the OP's feelings would be hurt if someone didn't believe them, and I didn't mean to pile on.

I'm sitting here watching the weather channel call Hurricane Harvey an "unprecedented", "epic" storm in the making.. the same can be said about this post, and the OP's initial losses. 40lbs in two weeks is definitely "unprecedented" and "epic" compared to our average losses. Congrats again, and I hope everything continues just as great!

2 minutes ago, Berry78 said:

Ok, I'm sorry I used the term "nasty". I really try to avoid these conflicts that always seem to arise out of misunderstanding the written tone anyway. So I apologize.

It is understandable that the OP's feelings would be hurt if someone didn't believe them, and I didn't mean to pile on.

I'm sitting here watching the weather channel call Hurricane Harvey an "unprecedented", "epic" storm in the making.. the same can be said about this post, and the OP's initial losses. 40lbs in two weeks is definitely "unprecedented" and "epic" compared to our average losses. Congrats again, and I hope everything continues just as great!

No no. Dont apologise . :) I was just saying I personally didn't find her Nasty. No conflict here. I just felt bad for op. Me and my sluggy weight loss ..I don't expect much lol. But I'm also less weight than op. So so much contributes. :) no conflict I promise. Your lovely :)

50 all together counting pre op diet, my doc was shocked.. I am to yesterday was my birthday.. And my weight loss was my greatest gift!!.. I sent this pic to my mom she was so shocker my face has slimmed down alot!!/& I have a neck now lol happy Snapchat-1380492349.thumb.jpg.62793bf9b7ad6444e7cda4c2ed427944.jpg

You look amazing... How was the recovery period.. Like your first and second week?
Not sure what to expect being that i have to return to work

Sent from my SM-N920T using BariatricPal mobile app

You look amazing... How was the recovery period.. Like your first and second week?
Not sure what to expect being that i have to return to work

Sent from my SM-N920T using BariatricPal mobile app

First week was let's say.. I was weak and in some pain.. Could not eat anything at all, lets say the week not for the weak lol.. I was weak physically, I felt out of it.. But I think I was doing to much i was driving two days after surgery, I was moving to much but I think that's what helped me healed a lil faster .. I only had five days off.. And had to go back to work.. Because I didn't have enough leave to take off .. And if I did it would have been with out pay.. So I made sure during those days off.. I moved as much as possible and took my pain meds and Vitamins as I was supposed to.. Also I bought me a pincher.. To pick up thing's.. Life saver! Took it to work to lol oh and the second was definitely for me a little better than the second I was drinking my Water sip by sip, my clear broths, sip by sip.. The super weak feeling wasn't as present as in the first week..

PicsArt_08-25-12.56.56.jpg
( I'm no where close to where I want to be.. Only being almost 3 months out I didn't want to post any side by sides)

I'm not here to post what's realistic I never once said in two weeks you will lose 40 pounds like I did I said what I lost, I never put a dream up there like everybody's going to lose weight like this all I did was post what happened to me. I never told anyone that they will lose weight just like I did all I can do is post about my journey I can't speak for no one else and I'm not going to. But to say someone else is "unrealistic" that's very wrong to say to anyone how can you tell somebody else what's unrealistic? how can you know what's going on within my body how can you know my drive? My hard work? My genetics? Every one is one in a billion.. Don't put me in a bunch