Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

I am so excited that this thread was started. Amy I will also be having my surgery this Wednesday. God bless you during your surgery and I pray that everything goes well. I also prayed a great deal about this with my husband before the decision was made to do the surgery. I want to be a healthier mom and wife. We have two small children 4 1/2 and almost 3. I have put all of this in God's hands. I found out a friend at church had lap band done in July 06 and has lost 75 lb.s I couldn't believe it God put us in each others path so that we could support each other. We even are using the same Dr. God bless each of you on your journey's and prayers for those of us with upcoming dates.

wow, 47 pounds in 3 months!! You are doing awesome. Do you work at the hospital where you had your surgery???

I lost 20 lb. of that in the 6 wks prior to surgery. Dr. wanted my BMI below 60 and wanted me to lose 10% of my body weight. I didn't make that goal but I did get my BMI below 60.

I've been retired since 2000. I was working as a pre-cert nurse for Aetna Healthcare at the time. Started at Prudential and they sold out to Aetna and they eliminated jobs of 13 RNs and LPNs within 6 mos. I had significant arthritis problems... knees, hands, wrists, so floor nursing was out of the question and pre-cert jobs hard to find. I ended up on disability.

Hey All...

I am a Christian and would love to join this thread. I am being banded next Weds, Oct 31.

I am nervous and would appreciate any of your thoughts on doing this, from a Christian perspective. Obvioulsy, the Bible doesn't say anything about Lap-Band Surgery!!!

Any thoughts, encouragement from a biblical perspective?

Thanks and God bless you.

Ginny

being banded 10/31

34 BMI

220, 5'8"

Hoping to say goodbye to 25 years of YO YOing!!!!

I originally posted this on the other Christian Bandster thread, but it seems to have died off...

Hey ya'll! I am excited to see this thread. I love the Lord w/all my heart. I know that we can all be a great source of support and encouragement for one another. This site alone has been absolutely wonderful...

For those who have felt a little guilty about the Band, let me just say this...don't. It kinda reminds me of those who deal w/mental illness and take medication and/or get therapy. Some well-intentioned Christians make you feel like your faith is lacking, or you're not trusting in the Lord enough, etc...like you're taking the 'easy' way out.

There is nothing wrong w/using medical technology/advances to better your health. You are taking care of the temple (1 COR 3:16; 1 COR 6:19). Sure, I believe God still does heal today, but healing comes in different forms. Sometimes it's supernaturally and immediately. Other times, it comes through medicine or surgery. Sometimes, it comes naturally through time and the body's own healing process.

Just a few thoughts.

Good to read all your posts. Hope this thread stays more active than the other one!

Hi Auntie Phyl!!! How are you???

hi i'm a Christian and would love to talk to others . I'm making sure i'm all prayed up before the surgery. love to all

Cherea You are so right. Sometimes the enemy uses the body of Christ to attack us too. I believe that getting healthy is something the LOrd wants for all of us. God made doctors too!!!!!

Welcome Linda!! I'm encouraged to see the activity on this thread. God willing, we will keep this one alive :0)

Hugs & Prayers!

Geneva

Hi Auntie Phyl!!! How are you???

Hi, Cherea! Glad you found this thread. I was going to PM you about it since the other one kind of fizzled out. I love your comments about the band. I think all of us who are Christians have struggled with the decision to have surgery. When I was considering bypass, I REALLY struggled with it.

I am doing GREAT! I'm feeling good, clothes are getting baggy, and I've been losing steadily since my 2nd fill. I go back on Monday for possibly one more "tweak" before we head south to "IndioGirl"'s neck of the woods for the winter. I'm getting very excited about that. It's a beautiful day here today (Pacific NW), but it's been cold and rainy and I'm SO ready for the warm weather. Although, its a bit TOO warm in SO CA right now!! We need to pray for those people and I've been praying for the wind to die down so they can fight those fires.

God Bless! Good to hear from you.

November first i see my surgeon and get scheduled for surgery.I CANT'WAIT!!! I'm getting flack sometimes from a few friends especially other chubbies who think im abandoning them. I will just continue to pray for them.

Hi, Cherea! Glad you found this thread. I was going to PM you about it since the other one kind of fizzled out. I love your comments about the band. I think all of us who are Christians have struggled with the decision to have surgery. When I was considering bypass, I REALLY struggled with it.

I am doing GREAT! I'm feeling good, clothes are getting baggy, and I've been losing steadily since my 2nd fill. I go back on Monday for possibly one more "tweak" before we head south to "IndioGirl"'s neck of the woods for the winter. I'm getting very excited about that. It's a beautiful day here today (Pacific NW), but it's been cold and rainy and I'm SO ready for the warm weather. Although, its a bit TOO warm in SO CA right now!! We need to pray for those people and I've been praying for the wind to die down so they can fight those fires.

God Bless! Good to hear from you.

AWESOME!! Look at you! You are doing so well! That is wonderful. I love how you travel so much. I'm jealous! Tell IndioGirl I said hello when you get there!

AWESOME!! Look at you! You are doing so well! That is wonderful. I love how you travel so much. I'm jealous! Tell IndioGirl I said hello when you get there!

Thanks! I posted some photos on the before & after thread. Don't know if this link will work, but here it is.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f17/before-after-pictures-pix-only-4642/index76.html#post600921

Not a big change, but I can see the boobs, belly & butt getting smaller!

Phyllser - your pictures don't show up for me :think I haven't figured out how to add pics yet. I did upload an attachment in my monthly support group page. I was terrified - not sure why.

My surgery went really well. I drove down to Houston from Dallas to get it done. The ride home 3 hours after surgery was not pleasant and I had no pain medicine - darn pharmacies close too early.

I went back to work on Wednesday after having it done on Monday. Not really the best choice :faint:

My hubby took great care of me. After the first week, I was on vacation for the next week and really was able to just relax and heal.

I've now had 3 fills and really think I could use another one. I just hate driving down to Houston. It is cheaper for me to go there than to pay for one here since the fills were included in the price.

I love love love my lap band and I only wish I could have done this 10-15 years ago and saved myself a world of grief and heartache.

Hugs & Prayers,

Geneva

Hi Chimboree,

You said "Sometimes it's supernaturally and immediately. Other times, it comes through medicine or surgery"

I can't begin to tell you how much those 2 sentences have encouraged me and I want to thank you so much sis!!

In Him

Alfie