Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

This is an awesome thread!! I just got banded on Monday the 29th and am doing just fine. Childrens Tylenol for the pain which keeps it pretty well controlled and was back sleeping in my bed instead of the recliner last night. I truly believe it was God's will that I was able to have this surgery. I am a mommy to a 5 1/2 year old and an almost 2 year old and feel this will make such a diffference in me being able to be a superb mom to my kids for many, many more years to come and a good wife to my husband, who has been so supportive of me.

For those who like to read, I just got the Leslie Sansone book called "Get Fit with Faith" (or something similar - I don't have it right here). It is very inspirational and it comes with a walking DVD set to familiar Christian inspirational songs.

Looking forward to getting to know many of you!!

Robin

Robin - Congratulations on getting banded! I'm glad to hear you are recovering so well!

The book sounds really interesting; especially the DVD to Christian music -I'm going to have to look that up! Thanks for sharing!

Hugs & Prayers,

Geneva

<><

I have a prayer request. My dh and I are in the process of adopting an 11 month old little boy. We will finalize his adoption on Monday. We became certified as a foster home this week, and guess what??? Our social worker called today and asked if she could place a 2 week old little boy with us on Monday afternoon as soon as the adoption is final. WOW!! We really feel called to do this, but I am a little concerned that I will have 2 babies that can't walk and I will be less than 2 weeks post op! I am doing very very well, so I will just trust God to work out the details.. Meanwhile, please pray that this will all happen ve3ry smoothly. Wow, a new baby, a lap band and an adoption all within 2 weeks. God does have a sense of humor!!

Babygotback - sounds like you had a fabulous evening! I am not very outgoing so witnessing is something that is VERY hard for me to do.

Snappy - prayers for you!! I'm so glad that you are doing sooo well after surgery.

Geneva

<><

Yeah, witnessing was something that I was always afraid of. The church I go to is really into reaching people. Baby steps is what I am doing. I stood by, prayed and watched. I tend to like to watch someone do something, then do it with them, then do it on my own. But, I know that the Lord has made me very outgoing and I need to use it to reach souls, to go out into all the world and preach the gospel.

I had a good day today. No sliming or pbing, but I did have to eat very slow and lunch and could not eat very much. I am not feeling very hungry and that is okay with me!:clap2:

This is an awesome thread!! I just got banded on Monday the 29th and am doing just fine. Childrens Tylenol for the pain which keeps it pretty well controlled and was back sleeping in my bed instead of the recliner last night. I truly believe it was God's will that I was able to have this surgery. I am a mommy to a 5 1/2 year old and an almost 2 year old and feel this will make such a diffference in me being able to be a superb mom to my kids for many, many more years to come and a good wife to my husband, who has been so supportive of me.

For those who like to read, I just got the Leslie Sansone book called "Get Fit with Faith" (or something similar - I don't have it right here). It is very inspirational and it comes with a walking DVD set to familiar Christian inspirational songs.

Looking forward to getting to know many of you!!

Robin

I also used liquid Tylenol PM for the beginning at night!

I also used to lay on a heating pad for gas pains. And the Gas X strips too!

I have a prayer request. My dh and I are in the process of adopting an 11 month old little boy. We will finalize his adoption on Monday. We became certified as a foster home this week, and guess what??? Our social worker called today and asked if she could place a 2 week old little boy with us on Monday afternoon as soon as the adoption is final. WOW!! We really feel called to do this, but I am a little concerned that I will have 2 babies that can't walk and I will be less than 2 weeks post op! I am doing very very well, so I will just trust God to work out the details.. Meanwhile, please pray that this will all happen ve3ry smoothly. Wow, a new baby, a lap band and an adoption all within 2 weeks. God does have a sense of humor!!

WOW!! God must think you can handle it since He says He never gives us more that we can handle!:faint:

Be careful with the lifting. What are your doctors orders about the weight you can lift and the time frame?

When I went to the doctor Tuesday she ok'd me to start lifting my 11 month old. He weighs 18 pounds. I can't lift anything heavier than him, and she doesn't want me carrying him around all the time. The new baby is only 2 weeks old and has been neglected, so it is very likely that he will be small

When I went to the doctor Tuesday she ok'd me to start lifting my 11 month old. He weighs 18 pounds. I can't lift anything heavier than him, and she doesn't want me carrying him around all the time. The new baby is only 2 weeks old and has been neglected, so it is very likely that he will be small

That is good!!! You can sit and hold them. Babies are so wonderful, such a gift from God. What a blessing for them to have you now.

I have joined this site for my husband, He had the lapband surgery in September...I feel that he is beating his self up and I need help from others that knows what he is dealing with so that I can really be there for him, If anyone can help please contact me, Thankyou

mrsgerragauch Your hubby should know that all things happen for a reason. They all work for good. We didn't get overweight overnight and we aren't going to be at goal just as fast either. This board has been a Godsend to me in what I'm going through. My prayers are with you and your DH.

Geneva

<><

I need prayer for recovery.

After a picture perfect banding, 3 weeks ago, last week, I had sudden intense pain in the abdomen area under my left breast after I drank 4 oz of Carnation Instant Breakfast. That was 10/24 at 10 pm. Sticking to the schedule, I had a yogurt at 11 pm, and a Protein drink at midnight. The pain was more intense. I took 3 TUMS, and went to bed. I had a fever, 99.7. I had two Tylenol and a Popsicle. I thought I was coming down with what my husband was getting over. But the abdominal pain was odd. I figured I'd call the doc at 9 am.

I never made it to morning to call the doc, the pain was too great. 7 hours later, I ended up in the emergency room at 5 am last Thursday morn (10/25), followed by emergency surgery to save my life.

Seems the band was eroding my esophagus and the liquids I had after that Carnation Instant Breakfast that started the pain went into my body instead of into my stomach. The doc had never seen anything like it happen to a bander and though there's always risk of complications to any procedure, never expected a complication like this.

I had to have the band removed. My survival prognosis going in to surgery wasn't good. They gave me 20%. Lucky for me, I don't have too many body complications like diabetes or high blood pressure. I'm strong and I made it, and a much more faster recovery than the doc or my family could even hope for. I was put on may prayer chains and my husband spoke the Word to me while I was in ICU. I quickly went from critical/stable to stable in 3 days.

But instead of a lapriscopic surgery, I had my belly cut, so now I have tons of stitches, staples and pain. The first 5 days of the ordeal was torture and madness and intense pain. I'm out of the hospital as of this afternoon (11/2) because bed rest at home is the better healer. My back was very happy to see my nice soft bed, because after 8 days, the hospital bed just wreaks havoc on your spine. I just had my first good sleep of 3 hours straight. I'm up to eat and will be zonking again soon under the influence of a Percoset.

So, I'm no longer a member of the band, but I have to be on the diet for the next month while my insides heal. AND maybe, while on that liquid diet, I can at least achieve my weight loss of 50 pounds anyway and be at 299 and going down, perhaps the hard way. I'm down 20!

Future banding is out of the question. The doctor doesn't recommend it and wouldn't risk it. RNY is still possible, but not until spring 2008. I have 2 months to decide if I choose RNY to get an April surgery date..., and guess what, begin the nutritional process all over again.

I'm happy and thankful to be alive. It's been a mixture of tears of joy at being alive, and sadness at nixing the great weight loss goal I had in 18 months.

There is no one to blame. I keep saying Romans 8:28, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose." God will make this "a good" for me; I've assured my doc that I don't blame him, and that God will make this "a good" for him as well.

ALL THE BEST to EVERYONE!

Remember, what happened to me is not the norm.

Go for life every time! Live it healthier and thinner!

Good bye All

I'm just beginning to look into LapBand. As a Christian, I've wondered if this was what the Lord would want. Have I failed? Am I looking for an easy fix to my sin of gluttony? I've tried every diet around, and just end up weighing more each time. For several years now I've been afraid to try another diet thinking I'd just end up weighing even more!

Dozy's comment has really helped, also the comment about Joyce Meyers.

I'm ready to feel better, to look better. Now I just have to find the money. Please pray for me.:ranger: (This icon is certainly me!)

Dozy,

So sorry to hear what has happened. Your prior comments were a real encouragement to me. I am praying for you right now, and will continue.