Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

I want to thank each of you for your prayers today. Unfortunately, my surgery got cancelled at the last minute. Someone in the surgeons office did not ever petition my insurance company for authorization. So, yesterday was the first my insurance company had heard that I even wanted surgery. So, the request went to the insurance company today! They said they might get the final authorization some time this week, so I am tentatively on the schedule for next friday the 18th. When the surgeon's office was talking to me, they said, you are really taking this well. I replied back, I'm 55 and the Lord is in control of it, not me,not you or the insurance company. I said when the time is ready, the Lord will see that everything comes together.

Well, I've been through all the other threads and I've ended up here!! Yes the Lord is sending me messages - I lack so much faith but this thread is a true blessing!! Im 28 and my surgery date set for 7 May 2008. Im not feeling nervous, just very excited and the whole process has gone pretty smooth from deciding to have the op (did i pray about it - NO!) to getting the finances - and still i question my faith!! What is wrong with me!! Why do I so often forget to include God in my day to day decisions? Thank you Lord for steering me once again in the right direction!! Nice to meet you all!!

Welcome Sanks!!!

the good thing is, even if we forget about checking in with Him, He NEVER forgets about US!!!

That's right Candy!!!

I want to thank each of you for your prayers today. Unfortunately, my surgery got cancelled at the last minute. Someone in the surgeons office did not ever petition my insurance company for authorization. So, yesterday was the first my insurance company had heard that I even wanted surgery. So, the request went to the insurance company today! They said they might get the final authorization some time this week, so I am tentatively on the schedule for next friday the 18th. When the surgeon's office was talking to me, they said, you are really taking this well. I replied back, I'm 55 and the Lord is in control of it, not me,not you or the insurance company. I said when the time is ready, the Lord will see that everything comes together.

I just realized that recently and it still manages to slip my mind sometimes. The Lord is in control of all and it will happen in his time not ours!

Susan, our Lord will truely bless you for giving Him your faith thru all of this. Now, I wonder what He has in store for you this next week that He knew you woudln't be able to do for Him if the surgery happened? That's always the exciting part of it too, huh?? God's amazing in all His ways!!!

Sanks, I'm glad the Holy Spirit drew you to this thread. He's always there for us when we allow Him to be, to draw us nearere to our Father. Allow Him to speak to your heart and you will be just fine and will have the "peace that passes all understanding"!!

Talkinjack...we're still waiting to hear from you! I pray all is well with you.

Thanks for all the encouragement, such a blessing!!

I would love this thread.

If there are any Christians out there who are looking for special support during this time I thought we could start a thread related to this. It might help with those thoughts and doubts as to if this is the right thing we are doing or any other 'shares' that might come to mind. I could use some at this time in my walk.

Sister in Christ,

Valerie

[ATTACH]10015[/ATTACH]

candy --- I couldn't agree more!!

God has been good.... I have been able to find a surgeon that can do my surgery in May! I'm just waiting for the final insurance authorization... which should be in 2 to 3 weeks.

Been praying for all on this thread.

Diamond

Well, I've been through all the other threads and I've ended up here!! Yes the Lord is sending me messages - I lack so much faith but this thread is a true blessing!! Im 28 and my surgery date set for 7 May 2008. Im not feeling nervous, just very excited and the whole process has gone pretty smooth from deciding to have the op (did i pray about it - NO!) to getting the finances - and still i question my faith!! What is wrong with me!! Why do I so often forget to include God in my day to day decisions? Thank you Lord for steering me once again in the right direction!! Nice to meet you all!!

Hey, I kinda feel like you In that I made some of these decisions without formal prayer. reflecting on It I sensed that God was very much leading me throught all of this and more importantly was providing an answer to years and years of anquished prayer. I'm so thankful I'm fearful of my own weaknesses. My physhologist was very antagonistic towards me. Goes to show that when It's all said and done the victory will be in Christ alone. please pray for me as I will for you. Remember that He intends every good and perfect thing for us.

My physhologist was very antagonistic towards me. Goes to show that when It's all said and done the victory will be in Christ alone. please pray for me as I will for you. Remember that He intends every good and perfect thing for us.

mstars, i have found a few antagonistic people along the way, there are even a number in these chat rooms (believe it or not) I've just kept my focus forward and those who have not wanted to be a support, i've moved them to the side - I think these people are there to test us, so will def remember you in my prayers - stay strong!

Oh, I'm well aware of antagonistic people. That is what brought me to this thread. I had posted on a thread when someone had commented that they were afraid of dying on the table. I wrote back and said that I felt that our time was set by God and if it was our time to go it wouldn't matter if it was surgery or not. I was jumped on by another poster who said I offended her, along with another attack on another person who also had mentioned having faith in God during this time. In my distraught, I was led to this site where I could OPENLY express my opinions and share my faith and beliefs. I LOVE it here.

Welcome to ALL! And, Living, what a BEAUTIFUL attitude. My surgery got cancelled for a week and I was rebellious. I went out and ate at applebees in rebellion, when I was supposed to be on a liquid diet!!! It's not always easy to have such a good outlook as you have. You are a blessing!

Take care all, and glad to hear from those who haven't been on in a while!

HEY WOMBAT! I saw you posted new pics on before and after today. WOW! Your neck is so little now! You have done really well and are such an inspiration!

Hey there Christian Sisters and Brothers:

As you all know my surgery got cancelled this past friday. My sister-in-law flew here from Utah to be my nurse so obviously it was disappointing when she got here and I gave her my news.

Sunday she went to church with my husband and me and wow did the three of get blessed. I have never prayed with my sister in law before and we had the opportunity for the three of us to hold hands and pray for our families, spouses,grandchildren,children,in-laws etc. It was amazing! I probably would not have gone to church on Sunday with my surgery on Friday. It opened a door for me to witness to her. It was really moving.:huh2:

Praying for you all. Have a Blessed day!

Hey Livin, GREAT NEWS! Great praise report!

And wombat, you do look SO MUCH YOUNGER now. And, you're smile is awesome. Look how happy you look!!!:thumbup: