Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

Dozy: You didn't deserve to have this happen. My heart go's out to you and your family. And for a speedy recovery. We will listen if you have more to share.:(

Renewed hope: Congrats on the "twins". God has blessed you. PM me for tips on raising 2 babies -- hugs.

Snappy: I wasn't on the computer for a few days. Glad you did so well on surgery, proud of you. Your kids & mine are very close, how cool.

Sorry everyone on not logging on. I've been stuggling with single-parenthood and an exhusband who is denying support for the boys. My challenge of late has been paying bills and asking for donated food to make ends meet. Also, my youngest needed his flu shot for his heart condition and we waited all morning and my baby just melted down when the moment arrived :sick I spent the rest of the day easing his broken heart and mine as well. On Saturday my rent was raised $75. and it has taken a few days to rally this newest situation. God is in the plan.... always.

Anywhoo, I wanted to tell you all my trip to meet Kaliah Ali and the Moment of Truth tour was WONDERFUL. Those attending the seminar received a free book and autograph and I got to speak just a few words to this gal who lost over 100lbs with the same surgery that I had. I think I'm gonna make it and it was the boost that I needed. I am almost finished reading Kaliah's book and I do recommend it. She honestly tells about growing up without her dad and being a single parent also. I could relate to being the fat kid in class and thanked her for sharing. So, go get the book and give it to yourself for Christmas! Hugs, gotta go pick up kids -- bye!

Dutchgirl - your struggles will pay off one day with giant rewards! You are such an example to single moms trying to make it.

My mother was a single mom raising twins when she was 19 years old. It was tough but she made it throug hand is incredibly strong for it.

My sister has been a single mom too for awhile. My sister wasn't strong and didn't rely on God so she deals with a lot of depression issues and medication to 'fix' her. Of course, now she's married, and still has all the same issues ... hmmm.

Prayers for you and everyone else on here :(

Geneva

<><

I need prayer for recovery.

After a picture perfect banding, 3 weeks ago, last week, I had sudden intense pain in the abdomen area under my left breast after I drank 4 oz of Carnation Instant Breakfast. That was 10/24 at 10 pm. Sticking to the schedule, I had a yogurt at 11 pm, and a Protein drink at midnight. The pain was more intense. I took 3 TUMS, and went to bed. I had a fever, 99.7. I had two Tylenol and a Popsicle. I thought I was coming down with what my husband was getting over. But the abdominal pain was odd. I figured I'd call the doc at 9 am.

I never made it to morning to call the doc, the pain was too great. 7 hours later, I ended up in the emergency room at 5 am last Thursday morn (10/25), followed by emergency surgery to save my life.

Seems the band was eroding my esophagus and the liquids I had after that Carnation Instant Breakfast that started the pain went into my body instead of into my stomach. The doc had never seen anything like it happen to a bander and though there's always risk of complications to any procedure, never expected a complication like this.

I had to have the band removed. My survival prognosis going in to surgery wasn't good. They gave me 20%. Lucky for me, I don't have too many body complications like diabetes or high blood pressure. I'm strong and I made it, and a much more faster recovery than the doc or my family could even hope for. I was put on may prayer chains and my husband spoke the Word to me while I was in ICU. I quickly went from critical/stable to stable in 3 days.

But instead of a lapriscopic surgery, I had my belly cut, so now I have tons of stitches, staples and pain. The first 5 days of the ordeal was torture and madness and intense pain. I'm out of the hospital as of this afternoon (11/2) because bed rest at home is the better healer. My back was very happy to see my nice soft bed, because after 8 days, the hospital bed just wreaks havoc on your spine. I just had my first good sleep of 3 hours straight. I'm up to eat and will be zonking again soon under the influence of a Percoset.

So, I'm no longer a member of the band, but I have to be on the diet for the next month while my insides heal. AND maybe, while on that liquid diet, I can at least achieve my weight loss of 50 pounds anyway and be at 299 and going down, perhaps the hard way. I'm down 20!

Future banding is out of the question. The doctor doesn't recommend it and wouldn't risk it. RNY is still possible, but not until spring 2008. I have 2 months to decide if I choose RNY to get an April surgery date..., and guess what, begin the nutritional process all over again.

I'm happy and thankful to be alive. It's been a mixture of tears of joy at being alive, and sadness at nixing the great weight loss goal I had in 18 months.

There is no one to blame. I keep saying Romans 8:28, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose." God will make this "a good" for me; I've assured my doc that I don't blame him, and that God will make this "a good" for him as well.

ALL THE BEST to EVERYONE!

Remember, what happened to me is not the norm.

Go for life every time! Live it healthier and thinner!

Good bye All

I am so sorry to hear about what happened to you. Praise God that you are alive!!!

Hey gang! I'm sorry I've been MIA for a while. I haven't been online in a few days.

Dozy, I am so sorry! But we are all so glad that you are still alive!!! I know that had to be scary. I'm sorry you lost your band, but at least you do have other options. We will continue to pray for you re: your recovery and your next step(s). Be blessed.

Dutchgirl, hang in there! I have a cousin who is a single mom to 3. She works very hard and has little help child support-wise. It's always a hassle. I see her struggle and stress to make ends meet. I do what I can to help. Stay strong and be encouraged!

BabyGotBack, I hear you about witnessing. I used to be afraid, too, but I started first witnessing to people I already have an established relationship with. That made it easier. Then from there, I branched out and began to witness to those that came across my path. It gets easier, or I guess I should say more natural. I just try (and I say try b/c sometimes I still get nervous) to witness wherever there is an opportunity created by Him.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week!

Be blessed. :biggrin1:

Hello everyone -- I guess I should introduce myself on this thread! I've been lurking but not posting, but I have also been praying for prayer requests. Dozy, you've especially been in my prayers.

Sorry everyone on not logging on. I've been stuggling with single-parenthood and an exhusband who is denying support for the boys. My challenge of late has been paying bills and asking for donated food to make ends meet.

Dutchgrl, you're still in OC, right? If so, our family would like to bless yours with a family turkey dinner which you can use for Thanksgiving or at another time. Please PM me.

Hey gang! I'm sorry I've been MIA for a while. I haven't been online in a few days.

Dozy, I am so sorry! But we are all so glad that you are still alive!!! I know that had to be scary. I'm sorry you lost your band, but at least you do have other options. We will continue to pray for you re: your recovery and your next step(s). Be blessed.

Dutchgirl, hang in there! I have a cousin who is a single mom to 3. She works very hard and has little help child support-wise. It's always a hassle. I see her struggle and stress to make ends meet. I do what I can to help. Stay strong and be encouraged!

BabyGotBack, I hear you about witnessing. I used to be afraid, too, but I started first witnessing to people I already have an established relationship with. That made it easier. Then from there, I branched out and began to witness to those that came across my path. It gets easier, or I guess I should say more natural. I just try (and I say try b/c sometimes I still get nervous) to witness wherever there is an opportunity created by Him.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week!

Be blessed. :biggrin1:

Yeah, that is how it has been for me too. I am working on the strangers who cross my path.:clap2:

It helps that I am around it a lot due to the type of church I am in. My pastors will witness anywhere, anytime and I see people getting saved left and right! It is awesome!

Hey gang!!! How are you? I pray that all is going well. I've been staying busy w/both of my jobs. Fortunately, I'll be giving up the 2nd one. YAY!!! Then, I'll be able to get back to the gym and start working out again.

Have a wonderful day!

I love the acceptance and support on this thread!!!

I'm on for fill #4 on Monday (please oh please stay with me a little longer this time!!). I'm averaging a fill a month at this point - it just doesn't last ;)

Hugs & Prayers!

Geneva

<><

I am asking for prayer for a friend named Cathy who I met through this board. She has surgery yesterday and I got a message from her that she is in a lot of pain!!!

I am worried about her.

Please keep her in prayer!

Hi Everyone,

Glad to see a Christian thread... I stuggled with the decision to have LB for a while and kept going back & forth about was it right,etc. I did come to the conclusion that it was okay and it's a tool that will help me in my struggle with my weight and overeating. I was banded 9/21/07 and have lost 22 lbs. and that feels great! Jesus loves me banded or not!

Take Care

Baby got Back,

Sorry to sound so naive, but what is witnessing? I am a Christian and baptized and raised Protestant, but I am not familiar. Would you mind sharing? You don't have to if you're not comfortable, I am just curious.

Thanks

Cindy

Baby got Back,

Sorry to sound so naive, but what is witnessing? I am a Christian and baptized and raised Protestant, but I am not familiar. Would you mind sharing? You don't have to if you're not comfortable, I am just curious.

Thanks

Cindy

No problem!!! I am pretty much an open book. Feel free to ask anything you'd like!

It is called the great commission. Jesus said that we were to go into all the world and proclaim the gospel. Witnessing means that your spread the gospel. I started with my family first.

Not in a pushy way though. I pray and ask God for God appointments. Than I ask the Holy Spirit to tell me what to say!

I can find more info on it and send it to you if you like,like the exact scriptures and stuff?

As a Christian, we need to have a burden for peoples souls.

God bless!