Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DFW Area Bandsters

I was banded by Dr. Marsden May 23rd and LOVE my band. I had to get mine done at Wise Regional in Decatur due to insurance and it is a really nice facility. I also go to the Surgery Center in Hurst for my fills and have been verry happy with them. Congratts on your surgery date!

Hey guys,

I too am in Keller. Dr. Smith is doing my band on Monday (Oct 15th). kinda nervous but ready for results!

Ben

Hi Ben!

Lucky you! You are just a few days away! While you are at the surgery center, I will be getting my blood drawn for my surgery the next week! Good luck and keep in touch and let us know how you do!

Karen

I am also going to be banded by Dr Smith.

I really like the fact that he is a LAPBAND "patient" as well as a physician. I think this makes him more sympathetic and understanding of what we are going through.

Not to mention, his whole office staff is awesome! I have never met a more helpful group of people.

I attended his seminar on August 28th... went for my initial appointment on September 12th... got my approval from UHC on October 10th... and am scheduled for surgery on November 21st (the day before Thanksgiving).

I was super impressed at how hard the staff at LBS worked to make this happen. I am in a situation at work where I cannot take off any time right now (company just merged with another division and relocated to another town, and no time off is being permitted for anyone)... so, I really needed to have my surgery done the day before Thanksgiving so I could have recovery time without having to take any additional days off work.

Dr Smith and his staff were awesome about making this happen for me

I researched several other local WLS physicians, and did not feel comfortable with any of them until I met Dr. Smith.

You are making a good decision.

Everyone I have talked to that is his patient has nothing but good things to say about him (even the few who had complications).

Hi there and welcome...I was banded in Mesquite on May 7th by Dr. Stephen..it has been a fabulous journey!

Macysgranny! Wow! You have done fantastic! Way to go!

QuasiTova: Oh, Oh, I understand why you have to wait until November...but boy I would be impatient! I was impatient (inside) having to wait 3 weeks! I just can't wait! Good luck!

Hey all, I was banded by Dr. nick nicholson of Baylor Plano. I am in Little Elm and just searching for someone in my area to maybe walk or bike with. I am down 44 lbs. and loving it. Good luck to all.

Hi all! I was banded 10/2 by Dr. Carter. I had a tough time after surgery due to the anesthesia but have been good ever since. Well, other than the gas pain! It found it's way into my left shoulder and it was VERY difficult. I can still feel it a little but it's MUCH better! I went in for my post-op this week and I am down 12 pounds since surgery day! Dr. Carter doesn't do fills for 3 months after so I won't get one until January. I just hope I can maintain some loss without a fill!

Anyone else with Dr Smith and Ferrara in Fort Worth? I'm scheduled for surgery on Thursday 10/25 but have not heard a word from the surgery center. Today is Monday the 22nd. Is this normal for them to wait til the last minute to contact you? With time etc...? I called doctors office on Friday and all they could say was that I was on their records and that they had not sent my paperwork over yet and that it would be an afternoon appointment since Dr. Ferrara's first surgery is at 1pm. Doesn't this seem to be cutting it a little close? After all I have to make child care arrangements for my kids it would nice to tell the persopn keeping them what time my DH will pick them up. Please let me know if this is how this works or if I'm freaking out for a good reason. Besides I'm starving on this pre-op diet even though I've lost 10 pounds. Ready to be done!:help::rain:

Okay I'm done freaking out. They called me this morning and I'm all set to go. Only thing is my surgery is at 2pm which means no food or drink while I'm sitting around waiting Oh well, what can a person do? LOL Can't wait to get this over with. Funny thing is one of my kids asked me if I was going to come home skinny. I told him I wish it was that simple. Would'nt that be great. Oh to have to mind of a 7 year old again.

Hi DFWers,

I was banded by Dr. Marsden at Wise Regional in Decatur, TX on July 23. I am located in Plano. I go for after care at AIGB in Richardson. I try to attend the monthly support meetings (when the Dallas Stars are not having a home game:whoo:).

I love this forum. I get the benefit of the experience of others that have gone before me and have the opportunity to give and receive encouragement.:D

Feel free to PM me and chat about anything at any time. :typing:

Happy banding everyone!

Mary

I'm in McKinney but I traveled to Houston to have the surgery (because it was much cheaper since I'm a self pay). I currently drive back to Houston to get fills because they were included in the price for the first year. Three trips for fills so far...

Steph - I saw your post about using someone in Hurst - I'm going to look them up in case I need an emergency fill :boink: and I don't have time to drive to Houston.

I'll be banded in early 2008 by Dr. Smith. I haven't schedule my surgery yet. I'm in the midst of busy season at work. I still need to have my psych. and nutritional eval., then I'm ready to go. It's hard right now to find the time off of work to do the evaluations.

I have been working for the last 5 months to have my surgery approved via Cigna (6 months of medically supervised weight loss) only to have my husband's insurance provider to change. :faint:New plan has very specfic exclusion of any bariatric surgery.

So now, I'm self pay.

I went out to the ticker site - but I can't figure out how to get it to show up here! Can anyone out there help me?

Funny thing is one of my kids asked me if I was going to come home skinny.

You may laugh, but that was my FIRST thought in recovery (well, right after OWWWW). "You mean I'm still fat!?!?!"

I was banded by Dr Smith on 08/30. I had the gas pains for 48 hours, but then again my scars are lovely, compared to the other surgeries I've had.