Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DFW Area Bandsters

I am back and banded first 2 days the gas pains killed me today I feel almost 95% like nothing ever happen. good luck to everyone

Tomecia--CONGRATZ!!!

Welcome to bandland....if you continue to have gas pains--get some GasX strips--take 2 or three of them at one time (they dissolve on your tongue)

Also--GET UP and walk around your house--and if it's not too cold--walk around the block--the gas will go away.

Be blessed

Dr. Smith did my band mid-July. I've had 5 fills so far. The first-Dr. Ferrer did-it felt like I got a shot in my stomach and felt the prick for a couple of days, not painful though. Dr. Smith did my 2nd fill-I felt nothing, great! 3rd fill Dr. Slicho did-took too long and hurt. I had a bruise the size of a tennis ball for 12 days! 4th/5th fill Dr. Ferrer did and no problems. I just felt pressure but no pain. You have had your procedure by now. Hope the outcome was good. Good luck in the future!

I've had 5 fills and am just now starting to feel some restrictions. The weight loss has been verrrrrrrry slooooow! I know I need to be patient and that it's a process and takes time BUT I've lost 22 pounds in 5 months time. I thought it would have been more. Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for the loss but is anyone else going through this?

Hi DFWers,

I was banded by Dr. Marsden at Wise Regional in Decatur, TX on July 23. I am located in Plano. I go for after care at AIGB in Richardson. I try to attend the monthly support meetings ...

Mary

My insurance is dictating that I have to be banded by Dr. Marsden at Wise Regional in Decatur, TX, too. What do you think of him? Did you drive over that day, or stay in the Bari Suite?

I am also located in Plano. I am doing all of the pre-op stuff at AIGB in Richardson. I have attended two monthly support meetings, even though I'm not being banded until March (and DH in April).

Please continue sharing your experiences, so we can know what to expect.

Reba

I love Dr. Marsden He such a real down to earth tell it like its man. he want lie to you and be straight forward want sugar coat it and I need that tough love

My insurance is dictating that I have to be banded by Dr. Marsden at Wise Regional in Decatur, TX, ...

Reba

Hi Reba,

I think we met at the last support meeting in Richardson. Did your DH come later than you?

Dr. Marsden is wonderful, very personable and returns your phone calls at midnight within two minutes (personal experience first week of banding). More importantly is his nursing staff, they are really good and answer all questions and take action when required. They are good at returning calls and holding your hand when needed.

I did not know about the bari suite, but we did go up the night before and stayed at a hotel. I did not want to deal with traffic in the AM. The facility (Wise Regional) is great and runs like clockwork. Also, I have found a fantastic pharmacy in Plano that will compound (Put into liquid form) any meds you may need. They are Texas Star Pharmacy (W. Parker, Ste 100-NE corner of Parker & Independence) (972) 519-8475-they have limited hours compared to CVS & Walgreens, but the pharmacist are personalbe a very helpful with special exceptions.

Happy banding,

Mary

Just a quick update - started regular foods today - Thank goodness & all is well!

Congrats, Darkling ;)

Why so long to start regular food again though?

I was banded on Nov 21, and was eating normal again my second week.

I was banded yesterday (12/31) and feeling ok. I'm not having the gas pains, though I know they will probably hit me later! My throat has been really dry and sore because of the breathing tube.

I was going to have Dr. Colleen Kennedy at Baylor perform the surgery, but due to an insurance issue, Dr. Joseph Kuhn at Baylor performed the surgery. Dr. Kuhn was very nice. He is very caring and he really impressed my sister and me.

I would definently recommend either doctor!

Destiny 79, <p>Are you Tomecia?</p>

Hi Reba,

I think we met at the last support meeting in Richardson. Did your DH come later than you?

Mary

Yes, that's us. We are working on this together, and we take turns cheering each other up when we get discouraged during this time.:clap2:

I just realized that the last time I had to wait months to get something from my doctor, it turned out to be twins!:nervous

Hi Does anyone go to the after-support groups by Lapband Solutions? They have the January meeting tomorrow on Jan 3 at 7 and I was wondering if it is worth going to.