Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DFW Area Bandsters

I thought of that too on that first day after surgery. Shouldn't I be thin for what this cost and enduring the pain?

I to was banded by Dr. Smith on July 12 2007. I have lost 63 lbs. His office staff is very nice and answers all my crazy questions. I have never had a fill by Dr. Smith it is always Dr. Ferrera (sp) and since I am needle phobic I was VERY worried. But it didn't evem hurt. You will have a awaesome experice with everyone in the office. Good luck on your new journey!!!!!!!!!:whoo::whoo:

I went out to the ticker site - but I can't figure out how to get it to show up here! Can anyone out there help me?

Hi JT99,

Open a separte browser window and get your ticker created. There should be a selection that has bbc code. Have a second browser window open with LBT open and be logged in.

1. On LBT, click the UserCP menu.
  2. In the left-hand frame, select Edit Signature.
  3. In the Edit signature frame there is a box which is blank...copy the bbc code from the ticker maker and paste it within this box.
  4. Click the Preview Signature button near the bottom of the page to view how your signature looks. Make changes in the box, if needed.
  5. Click the Save Signature button.

That should do it.

PM me if the instructions are not clear.

Cheers,

Mary

Hi,

I live in Arlington and went to True Results (AIGB) in Hurst for the mini seminar & free Diagnostic (1st apt). My insurance company, BCBS of IL requires lots of stuff first, so I probably won't get banded til April of next year. :cry Once, I finally made the decision (which took a couple of years), I was hoping it could be done at once - and certainly before any more holiday eating.

If any of you had to be on a 6month diet with True Results, please let me know. I'm feeling discouraged...yet I know that this is something I have to do.

Do all the surgeons there do their own fills afterwards?

Hi,

I live in Arlington and went to True Results (AIGB) in Hurst for the mini seminar & free Diagnostic (1st apt). My insurance company, BCBS of IL requires lots of stuff first, so I probably won't get banded til April of next year. :cry Once, I finally made the decision (which took a couple of years), I was hoping it could be done at once - and certainly before any more holiday eating.

If any of you had to be on a 6month diet with True Results, please let me know. I'm feeling discouraged...yet I know that this is something I have to do.

Hi jljeje,

I went through the six months twice. First with my doctor and second with AIGB (True Results) in Richardson. PM me if you would like to ask specific questions.

No, the surgeons associated with AIGB/True Results do not do their own fills. That happens at True Results after care. You will be asssigned the same PA to do it every time (helps to talk to the same person every time and they become familiar with you as an individual).

Good luck and hang in there, you can do it!

MMT

Hi,

Hi jljeje,

I live in Arlington too and also just visited AIGB which puts me on the same schedule as you. I didn't feel discouraged after my visit. It was good for me to get the list of things I have to do. Look at it as a checklist and not as hurdles. Every month will be one more thing completed towards the goal.

The only thing that discouraged me was that all the doctors they suggested for the various things I have to do are all in the HEB area. I hate that drive! After I found doctors in my area using the BCBS website I felt better. Dr. Carter, whose office suggested AIGB, will be doing my band.

I'm excited to find someone who will be experiencing all this at the same time as me!

TX Diva

hi everyone I am in Arlington, Tx

Yan I am going though lapband solution my Dr. Marsden, MY PAPERWORK WAS SUBMITTED ON 7/06/07 was lapband solution able tohelp much, I am so depending on them to get me approved, any info will help from anyone

I am getting Banded next week and am starting to get nervous. For those of you who have had it done... What has been the best and worst?

I'm so glad to have discovered this place! everyone is just so great to reply and share what's happened to them and what they've learned!

Darkling - wow, you are up so soon - that's just great. Of course you are nervous, but I'm sure you will get some good replies from bandsters. :)Just think, you will not be gaining all this holiday weight! I wish you all the best of luck!! Be sure and post how you do.

I'm on the second week of my calorie restricted diet and my frame of mind is much better this week. I completed my sleep study, :nervouswhich I was very nervous about, and so that's one down. I've made my appointments for the nutrionist and the cardio - both for the week after Thanksgiving. Today, I picked up the 5 years of records from my family doctor. :clap2:Still need to do my bloodwork and schedule the pschye eval.

I've even read almost the whole lap band book that was given to me at True Results - Marching onward! Feeling Hopeful! :)

I too was banded by Dr. Smith. He is one busy man and such a nice one to boot. I liked him at the first seminar I attended and even more after my first office visit with him. He is very easy to talk too, as is everyone else in his office. Best of luck to everyone waiting, I feel this is the best thing I have done for myself in a long long time. The feeling to be losing weight and not gaining it back is so great.

was anyone banded at the Surgery Center in Hurst Texas I have to pay the hospital out of pocket expense . my insurance will pay 90% leaving me paying $1400.00 not bad but Xmas is coming, did they let u pay over time or wanted all monies upfront before the surgery

I am in Lewisville. My surgery is schedule next Thursday the 29th with Dr. Feltz in Richardson. I went through AIGB and things have just seemed to fly by in the last month or so with insurance getting approved and setting my date and starting my shakes. I only have 9 days to go, not that I am counting or anything :)

I am so anxious now, and the time seems to be crawling. I am just hoping it goes by super fast. I think it might. Heading home for the holiday tomorrow, super excited to see my family and old friends from back home. Back to work on monday-wed and then up bright and early next thursday to be checked in by 630 am. I hope it's a great sign that I will be his first surgery of the day, hope is is as bright eyed and bushy tailed as I will be... well I don't know about the bushy tail, but you know what I mean !!!

Hope everyone has a wondeful and safe holiday !!

I am getting Banded next week and am starting to get nervous. For those of you who have had it done... What has been the best and worst?

Hi Darkling,

Congratulations! The nervousness is normal. I didn't think I would get nervous, but I did. The surgery went great.

• The worst thing for me was that I had a unique complication two days following surgery. The swelling around the bad closed my stomach so nothing could pass...not even Water. Even after an "unfill" three days post op, no relief. Three days of this combined with acid reflux and inability to sleep because I could not lie down was awful. There was a good side to this. I got to know what the worst was like right up front and knew how it felt when something was wrong. I have never felt that way since.
  • Two best things really:
    1. The band seems to have catapaulted me into this fitness machine. I have a personal trainer and I do cardio on my own. I don't dwell on food as much as I used to and I now notice I am obsessing about food when it happens and make a genuine effort to stop. I have found other coping strategies than eating...who knew I was capable. Just a lot of wonderful, positive changes that seem to coincide with getting banded.
    2. Knowing that I have one of the most important strategies in place to help me manage my weight when I get to maintenance. That is, when I am at goal, the band helps me stay there...I have lost weight before, but never kept it off. The band will help me keep it off.

Hang in there, banding is a wonderful thing. Remember you are the real magic. The band is just a tool to help you.

Best of luck,

MMT

Thank you, your reply has made me know that I can do this. Right now I am working on recovering. I am curious about your coping skills. I know I will need them, too. Would you mind sharing?

Thank you, your reply has made me know that I can do this. Right now I am working on recovering. I am curious about your coping skills. I know I will need them, too. Would you mind sharing?

Hi Darkling,

In situations where I used to run to food and eat myself numb, I can no longer do that. It took a couple of things to get me to coping better.

• First was reading a book called, "Feeding the Hungry Heart, The Experience of Compulsive Eating" by Gennen Roth (you likley can only find it used). Even if you are not a compulsive eater, there are things to learn. This really helped me to face my problems instead of shoving them deeper inside and holding them in.
  • Personal training helps much, I go in thinking about my problems, but within 10 minutes...literally...I have processed the issue and concentrate on my workout. I can't explaind how this one works, I just know it does.
  • The band itself has forced me. One day after about the second fill, I had a bad day and tried to eat my way through it...the band said no. I felt the pressure from being full and eventually pb'd. That was enough for me to know I could no longer use food that way.
  • I take a walk. I know it sounds silly, but I take a walk. It clears my head and I get cardio at the same time.
  • If I have been to the trainer and had my cardio, I am tired and may not be able to exercise, so I take a hot shower and have a cry in the shower. This has saved my sanity more than once.
  • On days it is really bad, I ask God to take it away. I say I have had enough and ask that it be taken from me. After I ask, I feel the burnden taken from me. I don't envoke this often, but when all other coping mechanisms fail, this one succeeds.
  • Finally, one of the most important ways is that I have a support system in place. I have girlfriends I call and say, I'm having a bad day and want brownies and a mocha frappucing. The talk me off the ledge. I also have a thread on this forum that I do to when I need support. The folks out here are great. Find a thread where you feel at home.

I hope it helps.

Happy banding,

MMT