Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DFW Area Bandsters

My husband and I were banded by Dr. Kuhn in Dallas (Baylor Medical) it has been about 8 months now. My husband has lost over a 100 lbs me not so much a big fat whoping 30 lbs. I need help and motivation, he is back eating pretty much whatever he wants no fill... I am up to 3ccs and feel like i can still eat a horse.

Hi thelapbandduo,

Sorry for not replying sooner. I understand how you would be discouraged.

30 lbs is nothing to scoff at, don't be disappointed in yourself. If you are like me, without the lap band I would still be moving up the scale, not down.

I hope this helps you. I have been learning a consistant lesson. I try to compare myself with others, not just bandsters. I keep having to learn that I am unique and individual. I can't compare myself to others, I can only compare myself to me. That is, I look and see all the good I have done for myself in the past two years. Even though I've only been banded about six months. I had to wait 18 months and suffer two denials for insurance to cover it (self pay was not an option). In that 18 months, I really got to learn about me. What I am saying is take the time to concentrate on you. Good for your DH, well done. This is about you. It is okay for you to concentrate on you. Adhere yourself to basic band rules. What is really working for me right now is that I have two sessions weekly with a trainer (personal choice), I get my Water in, I get 8+ hours of sleep and I believe I am finally restricted well.

Please don't be discouraged. You are brave for getting the lap band, you are brave for sticking with it the past 8 months, stay the course. Follow up with your fills. You will get there. Keep improving. It is okay to have bad days, just ensure you have more good days now and keep increasing that.

You can do it!

Stay your course.

Best wishes,

MMT

Hi I'm Cherrie, I was banded by Dr. Carter on 01-07-08

I would love to meet up with some fellow bandsters in the area!!

I am only on day 5 of my recovery, but i think i am doing well.

Just fighting the desire to eat!! lol

Hi Cherrie,

Do you know about support group meetings in the DFW area. True Results sponsers one monthly in Richardson and Hurst. Let me know if you would more information.

Just a suggestion, but maybe we could have a DFW area meet and greet. Anyone interested?

Cheers,

MMT

Hi, everybody, I've started a group for people who have had or are considering lap band surgery and who live in North Texas. If you want to check it out, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NorthTexasBandsters

...and join up! I've just started the group, so so far, I'm the only member, :)

But we should be able to get the group going pretty quickly!

thanks!

Angie in North Texas, US

The Yahoo group called DFWBandsters is a huge, very active group. It is no longer local, but nationwide, and there are a huge number of posts daily --- so many, in fact, that I can't keep up with it! :(

I thought there was a place for a new group that was local --- could be wrong, since nobody has signed up yet! :rose: :prrr:

Angie in Texas, US

I pm'ed you mmcbelle!!!

I would love to help arrange and/or participate in a meet up of local bandsters!!!!!!!

Thanks for joining the group! We'd be anxious to help with/come to any Bandster gathering, too! Would East Dallas or Mesquite be a good place to get together?

Angie in beautiful downtown Forney, TX

I am definately interested in meeting up with people in the DFW area. I just moved here in October so I don't have a lot of support here. I signed up to go to the True Results support group in Feb but I don't know if I will be able to go because I have to count on my DH to watch the kids and his work schedule is always different. Please let me know if you guys do end up trying to put together a meet and greet.

I'm in the D/FW area (Carrollton to be exact). My hubby and I have our 1st consult on Thurs in the Richardson office. If all goes well, we plan to be banded by Dr Felts. We attended his seminar over a week ago and are very excited about this. Dr Felts is such a nice person.

We have UHC and are hoping it will be as easy as they (at the seminar) say it will be on getting it approved. I am tempted to call UHC and ask about coverage for it, but I am also afraid it will send a red flag and they will mark our coverage and not cover it, LOL! Silly, I know!

Regardless of if it's covered, we are still going to have it done - even if we have to self pay. I'm hoping to be band by end of Feb if all things can go smooth.

I'm in the D/FW area (Carrollton to be exact). My hubby and I have our 1st consult on Thurs in the Richardson office. If all goes well, we plan to be banded by Dr Felts. ...to be band by end of Feb if all things can go smooth.

Hi Bling,

I understand UHC is one of the better ones, if the company that carries it has allowed for weight loss surgery in thier policy. It won't hurt to give them a call and see if it is covered, then you will know. I know it seems weird that UHC covers some and not others, but it all depends on the policy purchased by the employer.

I hope the best for you. Keep active on the boards (even if it is just looking).

Best wishes,

MMT

Hi everyone, I just joined DFW Bandsters today and I am very interested in when ya'll have meetings or anything I can get involved in. Could someone please give me information on your group! Thank you so much!