Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here?

ReadytoLose,

I hear you on the fear of being filled a full as the band can go and it not being enough. My last visit the Dr. said that they didn't have much further to go with the band fills. That really panic-ed me. That is one of the reason I'm doing the 5 day pouch test. Hoping that it will shrink the pouch and give me some discipline to go further.

Sula:

Dr. put me up to 4.6 cc's (to tight)

I waited 1 week (lost 8 lbs!!!)

Back to dr. took out .2cc's

Now at 4.4 cc's

Trying to control my intake this week so I don't gain back weight!!

ITS NOT EASY!!

How much fill do you have?

Readytoloose,

I have a 4cc band and mine is at 4ccs now. Some days I think I could stand another fill, but others it feels just right. I tried to go up just .2ccs before Christmas and could not even swallow the cup of Water the doctor has you drink so they took it out. You will be fine I bet you won't need much more adjusting if any. Keep up the good work!

Sunshine - good luck on your fill tomorrow and starting the pouch test. After your fill tomorrow let me know what your fill is at. We seem to be a lot alike.

Sula - Hope your day went good today! It's been pretty easy today for me, I really need to get to exercising. I intend to do that later tonight. I've only had 2 dr Atkins shakes and 32 oz of water. I'm really not feeling hungery, hope that holds out thru tomorrow. Good Luck!!

Debbie

banded 1/8/07

h235/c161/g145

Debbie

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm currently at 4.4 cc's. Each day brings something different.

Okay, I'm going to say it, Angyl, you skinny beotch! lol. YOu know we love ya. You really look good! I know what you mean about the self image. I went shopping for a new dress and automatically grab the bigger sizes. I still have a problem of buying clothes that are too big for me, its like I can't see myself in a smaller size.

Anyhow, Congratulations on your success!

Sula - I should be on day 3, however, the first day, I screwed up. So, I started it again on Wednesday, so I'm on day 2 again. grrrr. I did make some of the Low Carb pumpkin Soup that was on the website, it is really good. I know, it doesn't sound good, but it is! So far, I'm doing good!

Ready2Lose - I totally agree with you, its amazing how just .2cc's can make a big/huge/unbelievable difference! I know for me it sure has. Glad you go unfilled and doing better now! Sometimes being too tight can cause us not to lose weight too, so I try and keep that in mind.

Juno - how are you doing? Hows the pregnancy going? How is your restriction level and being pregnant? Remember, take your Vitamins :biggrin2:

Cindi - you go girl, that is so wonderful, you've worked so hard to get where you are, so enjoy your moment! I bet now that you started the scale moving that it will keep moving!

Debbie - the pouch test did not happen on Tuesday, I did great all day until the evening time, just went haywire! But I am not giving up, so I re-started it again yesterday. I'm on day 2 and so far its been good.

Well - I have some exciting news being given to me today, so I'm waiting to be called into our managment office.....I'm about to get a bonus, but not sure how much, it is anywhere from 5 to 9% of my salary! I've worked hard for it all year long, and today is the day they tell us how much it is. I will get it on my 2/22/08 paycheck. However, its already spent! I've got to my cruise off. Its cold and windy today, so today is a day I'm looking f

I hope everyone has a great day today and I will check in later.

Good luck with your promotion news!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm cheering for you

Hi all,

Just touching base here. I did the five day pouch test diet...except for the last meal on Friday, when I made Turkey tacos. So, I don't think I was so far off, except for the taco shells. I weighed in this morning and am down 1 pound...same pound I've lost once or twice before.sigh. But I've lost on my waist and hips. I'm feeling a little down that the weight isn't coming off, but I'm not working out, yet again. As the weather turns, I'm sure I'll be doing more in that area. Just going to my dingy basement and doing the ellipital isn't calling to me.

Ready-to-lose-I started off with 2ccs in my band, at surgery time. Then I had two fills with 1 cc, one with 2 cc's and the one with one and this last one in January with .5. So that is 7.5 I think. I feel restriction...could feel it very well last week. Had trouble eating lunchs when I was on solids. And still have periodic trouble PBing.

I'm going to keep on after Portion Control and I think two days of liquids...just sort of inspires me. We will see how that goes.

Tonya, did you get the promotion/bonus? That would be so awsome.

Have a great day all.

Sula - I only lost 4 lbs on the pouch test and think I gained 2 back this weekend. I'm going to try again this week, I've already started my liquids today. I'm like you not doing good with the excerise, but I'm trying to get back into it.

Sunshine - How about the bonus, I hope it was a big one!!

Have a great week everyone!

Debbie

banded 1/8/07

h235/c159/g145

I forgot to mention I did get under a new 10 lb mark. My hubby thought I was crazy, I was dancing around in the kitchen after I weighed. I haven't been at this weight in yearrrrrs!! If it even stayed where it is now I would be happy. Oh but to loose 10 or 15 more would be wonderful!!

Debbie

banded 1/8/07

h235/c159/g145

Hello all - been away for the weekend. I did get my bonus news, but it turns out me being off work for 10 weeks also cost me $800 dollars off my bonus! Oh Well, nothing I can do about it now, or then. I had to take off for major surgery - there was no way I could have worked, way too much pain.

I am going to start the pouch test again - today, this weekend put a damper in it for me. I'm also getting ready for my TOM visit. I haven't weighed so I know I'm up, feeling really bloated. Exercising for me has sucked lately, but heading down to the gym in a few minutes to do 20 - 30 minutes of something productive.

Lynn - I'm so excited for you and your Tummy Tuck, tomorrow is the big day! Keep us posted!

Did any of you feel a change in your restriction following the five day pouch test diet? I did, but I still ate some large salads with turkey or salmon in them. (over the weekend.) I didn't get to going on the liquids yesterday so I think I will hold off and restart next week. I have some things going this week that it will mess up so, I'll just have to mind my p's and q's.

Shawn - I think I did feel some restriction, but then I got lose again and I was thinking yesterday how lose I was. But then morning, I'm tight again....not too tight, but I can feel the coffee I drank gurgle down, I can hear it too. lol.

Lynn - we're thinking about you today!

I weighed this morning, and OH MY, it was a wake up call, I was up to 185lbs!!!!! I am SICK about it! I know I feel bloated and TOM is 'round the corner, but 15 lb gain? I am just sick that I have gained weight! But it was enough of a shock to me that I said NO MORE! I cannot wait on the band to do the job, I have got to take control and I will. I just can't stand by and let the pounds roll back on. So, it was a wake up call. I know I'm holding a lot of Water too, we were traveling all weekend and when we travel, I tend to hold a lot of Water weight, but still, I know I"m up, quite a bit and it's time to get control.

So, I was at the gym yesterday and today. Its time to recommit myself for good, and not just hear and there.

Summer is around the corner, and so is my cruise! I refuse to go looking like I do now! Its time to quit feeling sorry for myself and get back on track!

Did any of you feel a change in your restriction following the five day pouch test diet? I did, but I still ate some large salads with turkey or salmon in them. (over the weekend.) I didn't get to going on the liquids yesterday so I think I will hold off and restart next week. I have some things going this week that it will mess up so, I'll just have to mind my p's and q's.

I quietly did a small version of what y'all have been doing when I had trouble earlier this month with the extreme tightness and reflux. On the several bad nights I had reflux and two nights of re-appearance of food, I did Protein shakes, Soups, and liquids on the following days. I didn't want to irritate my already angry esoph. And I was VERY happy with the results...not only calmed my stoma down, but prevented the reflux those nights, and resulted in a weight drop! And when I did bring back the solids, it DID feel like better restriction. Makes sense...overeating and wrong foods caused the reflux and PB's. I only would follow for a day or day and a half, but that seemed enough to kick start me each time. Doing it for 5 days would be difficult for me...but I agree that the sheer awareness of what's going in my mouth those days helped refocus me.

Just my 2cents:)

I weighed this morning, and OH MY, it was a wake up call, I was up to 185lbs!!!!! I am SICK about it! I know I feel bloated and TOM is 'round the corner, but 15 lb gain? I am just sick that I have gained weight! But it was enough of a shock to me that I said NO MORE! I cannot wait on the band to do the job, I have got to take control and I will. I just can't stand by and let the pounds roll back on. So, it was a wake up call. I know I'm holding a lot of Water too, we were traveling all weekend and when we travel, I tend to hold a lot of Water weight, but still, I know I"m up, quite a bit and it's time to get control.

So, I was at the gym yesterday and today. Its time to recommit myself for good, and not just hear and there.

Summer is around the corner, and so is my cruise! I refuse to go looking like I do now! Its time to quit feeling sorry for myself and get back on track!

How aggrevating! Sometimes the scales can really set the tone for everything, can't they?? It IS hard to rely on willpower even after all this time. I finally fel a difference I have never felt...and it is because of good restriction. It even helps now with bad choices (fried, crunchy or sweet), cuz I can't eat the sheer volume I could before. Plkease don't get discouraged...easy to say, I know! But it will come, and the scale will head south!!! Water weight is a tricky thing...it really can mess up the numbers. Try actually drinking more water, say an extra quart a day. Sometimes if the body knows you will give it extra, it won't grab and hold water. Stupid explanation, sorry...hehe! but it works! Glad you're exercising. I swear even when I don't eat well, I feel 110% better knowing I've at least done something good for myself. And that something may be the only bright spot of the day! Congrats to you for committing!

Hey everyone! I haven't had internet access for a few days and it's been killing me! LOL!

Everything here is going good. All is well with the pregnancy so far. I am starting to feel my band tighten up at times, so I'm sure another unfill is looming in the near future. I still haven't gained anything yet. I'm a little ashamed to admit I am absolutely terrified of gaining back everything I lost over the past year. I'm hoping to keep my pregnancy weight gain to under 20lbs, which should be fine since I still weight 235! I haven't really discussed it with my OB yet, so I'm curious to what she'll have to say.

The good thing is, now that the tiredness is starting to wear off, I've actually been feeling like exercising. I got some Leslie Sansone tapes from my mom, and I'm going to try them out 3 days a week. I'm restricted to walking for exercise, so I figured the Leslie Sansone workouts would be sufficiently low-impact. It's too damn crappy to go walk outside, and it's too frigid to walk on my basement treadmill. I can't wait for spring!

Tonya - yes I'm taking my vits! I even got my OB to give me chewable prenatals!

BGB - good to see you back here!

Lynn - can't wait to hear about surgery. Sending thoughts and prayers your way!